• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Canuck76

Banned
lol new orleans is not beautiful at all. it's a fucking dump. i did go there for a week a few years back and there are some nice spots but as a whole the city looks depressing.

now you have bad spots in los angeles but it is a fucking awesome city and much nicer than new orleans. thats just a fact!

Yeah your right. French quarter, total dump. Neighborhoods full of unique architecture and history, yeah they're all a frigging terrible. Suburbs full of loving families and strong communities full of unique culinary dishes are total crap.

Oh wait, your from San Fransisco. You have not idea what a loving family is, your city is full of sex freaks and frigging hipster startup swindlers that look no different from the large population of hobo's that roam and terrorize the city.

Go take your frigging broken train car down to mission-for-heroin-hill and eat some overpriced seafood that isn't as close to savory or as good as here. Don't talk to me about beauty in a city

Junie12

Hmm, looks like I'm about to miss the draft.

Apparently my cousin is finishing classes this week and is gonna be paying me a visit during draft day to hang out. Can't watch the draft with him since he's not a big NFL fan so I'm screwed there.

Looks like my only option is to follow the draft via iPhone and check on NFL-GAF for updates. Also I want to post here during draft day so looks like I'll be multi-tasking that day! :lol

Junie12

fuck that shit, this is your life. own that shit and force him to watch the draft

edit: the draft is once a year, your cousin will be around more than once this year.

Nah, I can't do that to my cousin. Besides, I'll be moving to Orlando in a few months so I'm not gonna see him for a while.

I'll still post in this thread during the draft, I just can't watch it so I have to depend on you guys to keep me updated.

cajunator

Banned
New orleans is a rather special city that holds onto historic buildings as much as possible. You can call it a dump but those buildings in it gave it a distinct identity.
It honestly looks pretty dumpy but there are enormous changes going on in certain parts.
The French Quarter and the Garden district will not be touched though.
The parts that can be improved were wiped out by the flooding, as those were areas about ten feet below sea level and not built to withstand what happened.
There are entire neighborhoods being rebuilt to specifications that will keep them largely intact should a similar event occur.

Big-E

i have no doubt the NFL knew about all the bullshit stuff the Saints were doing for years and turned a blind eye because they were the darlings of the league with Katrina and all the sentimental bullshit. Meanwhile the Redskins get fined $30 million for breaking a rule that didn't even exist. Fuck that. They probably even rigged the last 2 Pats/Giants Super Bowls because they don't want' Tom Terrific to get more Super Bowls wins than Joe Montana. The sooner this corrupt league collapse the better.

So much truth. Goodell and his cronies are pieces of shit.

Big-E

I'm watching some old drafts on youtube. Quarterback seems to be the biggest crap shoot, so many unknowns now that were drafted near the top. Ryan Leaf? I don't even know who that is and he had a chance at being picked ahead of Peyton Manning? Then there's the "Brady 6". (but I don't blame the rest of the teams for not picking that ugly bum)

What are you doing here?

Tabris

If there is one thing I could bring to this thread, it would be pointing out the fact that Patriots and that ugly bum Brady have won shit since being caught cheating. While the Mannings have won 3 times. All three times beating the Patriots on their way to their Superbowls. How do you like me now?

Oh and I hope the same thing happens to the Saints cause fuck em for running up the score. Drew Brees record should have an asterik next to it.

Big-E

If there is one thing I could bring to this thread, it would be pointing out the fact that Patriots and that ugly bum Brady have won shit since being caught cheating. While the Mannings have won 3 times. All three times beating the Patriots on their way to their Superbowls. How do you like me now?

Oh and I hope the same thing happens to the Saints cause fuck em for running up the score. Drew Brees record should have an asterik next to it.

I just find it funny you come in here after your comments about your NFL teams in the NHL thread. I don't really need to deal with shit talking from a Manning fan. Brady has just as much rings as them and he fucks hotter women.

Tabris

I just find it funny you come in here after your comments about your NFL teams in the NHL thread.

??? I said 'This isn't football, I just have loyalty to the Vancouver Canucks.' With hockey, I just have loyalty to the one team. With football, I have loyalty to my 2 favorite players and whatever team they are on. It has to do with the fact I didn't grow up with football being in Canada, so I had no initial loyalties and was able to make my decision based on the games I started watching back in 05-06ish.

EDIT - Before it used to be "Brady has more rings". You are losing the argument slowly. And it doesn't change the statement, Brady has 0 rings since the Cheatriots were caught cheating.

cajunator

Banned

Ok. You are a colts fan. You had like 12 straight years of success and amazing seasons and super bowl appearances. You really cant talk about running up the score.
In any case if you refer to last seasons game, the saints let up, and your defense allowed our Rb to walk in without trying, and then yall threw a pick six or something. The colts gift wrapped the last 14 points and Brees wasnt even on the field.

Big-E

Ok. You are a colts fan. You had like 12 straight years of success and amazing seasons and super bowl appearances. You really cant talk about running up the score.
In any case if you refer to last seasons game, the saints let up, and your defense allowed our Rb to walk in without trying, and then yall threw a pick six or something. The colts gift wrapped the last 14 points and Brees wasnt even on the field.

He is not a Colts fan, he is a Manning fan.

??? I said 'This isn't football, I just have loyalty to the Vancouver Canucks.' With hockey, I just have loyalty to the one team. With football, I have loyalty to my 2 favorite players and whatever team they are on. It has to do with the fact I didn't grow up with football being in Canada, so I had no initial loyalties and was able to make my decision based on the games I started watching back in 05-06ish.

EDIT - Before it used to be "Brady has more rings". You are losing the argument slowly. And it doesn't change the statement, Brady has 0 rings since the Cheatriots were caught cheating.

I like how you use qualifiers like "since". I can use qualifiers too. Manning Number 1 hasn't won a Super Bowl since he lost his favorite murderer and Manning Number 2 hasn't one since he lost his virginity. You start qualifying you start to lose from the truth and the truth is that Tom has three rings related to football on his finger.

Tabris

So he was a Colts fan, but when they become complete shit he isnt a Colts fan. He also likes the Giants, who just happen to be current super bowl champs.

I was a Giants fan when no one believed in Eli. Twice (before first SB win and after 25 interceptions of 2010). When some NY Giants fans didn't believe in Eli. I B-ELI-EVED!

I was a Giants fan when no one believed in Eli. Twice. When some NY Giants fans didn't believe in Eli. I B-ELI-EVED!

You just happen to like two Super Bowl contenders. LOL. Being a Manning fan is a completely hysterical excuse. Peyton is/was an elite player who also was a good guy. Eli is just bitch made. Liking both makes no sense.

A little late but Packers released Cliffy and resigned Wifebeater Walden.

Might as well release Driver now.

Kick all the legends to the curb at once, free up cap space.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Outside the Lines reporter (John Barr, I think) was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that there was a negative league-wide perception of Sean Payton because any time a reporter or team says something even remotely critical about the Saints he calls them up and berates them with a profanity-laced tirade.

:jnc

Barr was trying to be nice about it, but you could tell people around the league can't stand the guy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think it has already been posted, but anybody who wants to do a little more research on draft prospects needs to go here:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/

And click on any link that starts with "Rating the NFL Draft Prospects."

They go through most positions and have both positive and negative quotes from NFL execs and scouts. Really good stuff.

After reading it, I don't want the Lions going anywhere near Jonathan Martin. An OL that gets consistently thrown into the QB? Yeah, we already have that in Dominic Raiola.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm waiting for someone to leak a story of a torture room underneath the Superdome where members of the opposing team were kidnapped, drugged, worked over to tell what they know of the gameplan.

The league's gotta know that no amount of cheating cannot overcome Aaron Brooks.

bionic77

Yeah your right. French quarter, total dump. Neighborhoods full of unique architecture and history, yeah they're all a frigging terrible. Suburbs full of loving families and strong communities full of unique culinary dishes are total crap.

Oh wait, your from San Fransisco. You have not idea what a loving family is, your city is full of sex freaks and frigging hipster startup swindlers that look no different from the large population of hobo's that roam and terrorize the city.

Go take your frigging broken train car down to mission-for-heroin-hill and eat some overpriced seafood that isn't as close to savory or as good as here. Don't talk to me about beauty in a city
You can talk up New Orleans without shitting on San Fran, which is to me the best looking city in the US. Expensive as fuck, but I always love visiting there and sometimes wished I lived there.

Sigh. Can't wait until the kids are a little older so we can travel again. I miss taking vacations...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Clifton failed the physical apparently.

Walden is probably great value for our fledgling defense because of his off the field troubles. If he screws up again, probably no big deal.

eznark

Banned

Clifton was released purely for medical reasons, dude. If the Packers find some value in the draft at wide out I assume they will release Driver, but there is no point doing it yet. I think we're sitting at like $9.5m in cap space. Plenty of room for the draft and free agency is essentially over. What's the point of making room now?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
First year wideouts are usually worthless.

Usually takes 2 seasons to learn the offense and for qb and coaches to trust you.

Or they're really raw.

You can see that Randall Cobb has a lot of talent but the dude is obviously a rookie with some of his choices.

But I'm probably talking semantics.

Clifton was released purely for medical reasons, dude. If the Packers find some value in the draft at wide out I assume they will release Driver, but there is no point doing it yet. I think we're sitting at like $9.5m in cap space. Plenty of room for the draft and free agency is essentially over. What's the point of making room now?
I'm Ted Thompson and I will release a guy a year too early but never a year too late yada yada.

eznark

Banned
First year wideouts are usually worthless.

Usually takes 2 seasons to learn the offense and for qb and coaches to trust you.

Right, however the Packers would be expecting Cobb to step in and take the Driver snaps while the rookie learns and takes over the Cobb role (4th/5th receiver and returns) depending.

Last year Driver only had 37 catches. Cobb had 25. It's not unreasonable to think he can replace that production.

I'm Ted Thompson and I will release a guy a year too early but never a year too late yada yada.
And I love it. I'm saying there is no point in releasing him until Monday.

bionic77

Right, however the Packers would be expecting Cobb to step in and take the Driver snaps while the rookie learns and takes over the Cobb role (4th/5th receiver and returns) depending.

Last year Driver only had 37 catches. Cobb had 25. It's not unreasonable to think he can replace that production.

Yeah that is the way to go. Have a 2nd year step in and next year or the year after draft his replacement.

Though it Driver is not too expensive I would keep him for another year if he can still play. Experienced receivers can pay off big time in the playoffs on the road.

eznark

Banned
Yeah that is the way to go. Have a 2nd year step in and next year or the year after draft his replacement.

Though it Driver is not too expensive I would keep him for another year if he can still play. Experienced receivers can pay off big time in the playoffs on the road.

I'm assuming they would be able to LeRoy Butler him, just immediately slot him in as a coach.

Yeah you're right.

I hope they're not taking a WR but if they were cutting Driver would telegraph a move and undercut Ted's ability to work out a deal.

Anyway whatever. I have no interest in playing Dr. Seuss.

eznark

Banned
Yeah you're right.

I hope they're not taking a WR but if they were cutting Driver would telegraph a move and undercut Ted's ability to work out a deal.

Anyway whatever. I have no interest in playing Dr. Seuss.

If they take a WR it would be no earlier than the third I would imagine. Not sure why you'd be worried about signing draftees given where the Packers are drafting.

Trey

I just find it funny you come in here after your comments about your NFL teams in the NHL thread. I don't really need to deal with shit talking from a Manning fan. Brady has just as much rings as them and he fucks hotter women.

So he's a cheater off the field as well?

eznark

Banned
New orleans is a rather special city that holds onto historic buildings as much as possible.

Every city does that. Most manage to still look presentable. Your favorite city is a shithole that smells like rotting anus. There is nothing charming or special about it.

Bowser

Joe Person ‏ @josephperson
#Panthers coach Ron Rivera and GM Marty Hurney were in Chapel Hill Mon. to meet with ex-UNC DE Quinton Coples, per league source.

Joe Person ‏ @josephperson
Panthers could be interested in Coples at 9, or possibly later in trade-down scenario. Still hearing trade back is Panthers' 1st preference.

Hrm...

Talon

Grime's numbers bloated since he's been franchised.

But, yes, there's only $1.6 million or so in cap space, so there will have to be a lot of restructuring.

I don't love Asante, but he's an improvement over opposing team MVP Chris Owens. Franks has been decent, but he seems to lack top end speed.

Also, I thought Tabris was joking. Apparently not!

Do you guys have the $$$ to pay top dollar to three CBs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't all three of those guys be making $8m+ each this year alone?

Robinson's base salary is 5 mil for this year, goes up to 8 next year. Grimes is franchised but expected to be working on a long term deal after the draft so who knows.

I expect if the move is made, that something will be worked out so that it all fits, how many years are left on Samuels current deal?

I assume the Falcons would make this move so that they can concentrate on getting lineman on both sides of the ball with their few draft picks.

eznark

Banned
On the plus side, at least the Falcons won't have to worry about signing a bunch of talented young draftees this year.

:jnc

Wrayfield

Robinson's base salary is 5 mil for this year, goes up to 8 next year. Grimes is franchised but expected to be working on a long term deal after the draft so who knows.

I expect if the move is made, that something will be worked out so that it all fits, how many years are left on Samuels current deal?

I assume the Falcons would make this move so that they can concentrate on getting lineman on both sides of the ball with their few draft picks.

I believe two years in double digits million area, roughly. Though I'd expect he would need to restructure before the trade is done.

Edit: According to ESPN:

Samuel has two years left on his contract — $10 million, counting a $100,000 offseason workout bonus this season, and $11.5 million, counting the $100,000 workout bonus in 2013

No way will the Eagles keep him. Just wait for him to be released and enter the bidding war.

Top Bottom