• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
The Outside the Lines reporter (John Barr, I think) was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that there was a negative league-wide perception of Sean Payton because any time a reporter or team says something even remotely critical about the Saints he calls them up and berates them with a profanity-laced tirade.

:jnc

Barr was trying to be nice about it, but you could tell people around the league can't stand the guy.

I think Barr had no business bringing Payton's name up in conjunction with this alleged wiretapping. He was with the Giants/Cowboys at the time the allegeedly took place.

If the wiretapping took place it gave the Saints no advantage whatsoever. That Time when Jim Has was coach the team was hot garbage 3-13.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What do you think of a family paying $100 grand to spend a day with tebow?

In related topics:

AshleyMadison.com offers $1 million to anyone who sleeps with Tim Tebow:

The pro-infidelity matchmaking website, AshleyMadison.com, is offering $1 million to anyone who can prove they know Tim Tebow. And by "know," they mean "know." Carnally. Biblically. Hay-rollingly. Wink, wink; nudge, nudge; old-time car horn blaring.

"I guarantee that no man of Tim Tebow's stature could survive a season in New York without succumbing to the temptations of the city," CEO Neal Biderman sneers in a press release.
His tone and repeated use of the word "sex" are two indications that he's not talking about splurging for good seats for "Phantom of the Opera" or overeating at Gray's Papaya.

"If Mr. Tebow is indeed abstaining from adult relationships," Biderman continues, "I would encourage him to find a nice lady or two and enjoy his youth and fame as much as possible."

What did our short friend say this time?

Nothing recently. For some reason I was just sitting at my desk and out of nowhere his stupid face popped into my head and I just got mad.

On the heels of the announcement that there will no longer be camera shots of players on the phone with teams in the green room just before they are picked and hints that analysts on the networks covering the event will not report picks before they are announced comes word that the league is reminding teams to keep the wraps on things. Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that the league recently reminded teams to withhold announcements of their picks via any medium before they are officially made on the stage at Radio City Music Hall.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...to-announce-picks-before-podium-announcement/

Woot

Hmmmm....

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

If a team came a callin' the Giants this week, offering say a 3rd round pick for Osi, can't help but think things could get interesting
Retweeted by Big Blue View

You can talk up New Orleans without shitting on San Fran, which is to me the best looking city in the US. Expensive as fuck, but I always love visiting there and sometimes wished I lived there.

Sigh. Can't wait until the kids are a little older so we can travel again. I miss taking vacations...

Vacations rock. Not doing anything major this year, but planning a cruise in 2013. It's great when the kids are older and they are able to go off on their own and have fun.

It's a felony. Who gives a shit if there was some in-game advantage? The outcome is irrelevant.

Micheal Barkan today said he heard a rumor that the person that reported this initially has recordings and is planning to make them public. This is going to wind up being huge, I bet Loomis never works in the NFL again.

Canuck76

Banned
Micheal Barkan today said he heard a rumor that the person that reported this initially has recordings and is planning to make them public. This is going to wind up being huge, I bet Loomis never works in the NFL again.

How are the FBI and the police able to investigate into this?

eznark

Banned
With investigators?

Micheal Barkan today said he heard a rumor that the person that reported this initially has recording and is planning to make them public. This is going to wind up being huge, I bet Loomis never works in the NFL again.

Haha, while there is a statute of limitations issue, those are almost never an obstacle to federal charges. Combine this with bounty gate, the coach stealing pills getting covered up and surely a number of small infractions and you get conspiracy racketeering. An organized, decade long effort by an organized crime operation to defraud the league and financially benefit from criminal activity.

Work in the league? Loomis is going to federal pound me in the ass prison.

Canuck76 said:
Read the CNN article I posted?

They are investigating the allegations to see if an actual state/federal crime was committed. They are not moving forward with any charges until they have factual information that supports the allegations (at a federal level).

If they get evidence that he was definitely tapping the other teams in 2004, they could launch an investigation to see if it continued past then. This will get really ugly for the Saints and the NFL if the FBI starts really looking into a team. The NFL cant burn the tapes this time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Adam Schefter this morning said that while no criminal charges could be filed, the people who were recorded have up to 2 years from the date of hearing about the accusations to file a civil suit against Loomis.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
My favorite part of the BCS is the fact that their main argument against playoffs is "academic reasons."

Yeah.

Certainly has nothing to do with the money. And the ability for teams to delude themselves into thinking they're still the best at the end of the season. And the money.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
With the wiretapping? Probably not. With the pill-popping and bounty gate and general cuntiness? Guilty.

Vitt is the only one involved with pill popping, to my knowlege it was one of his asistance. Vitt was cleared.Again if any coach gets punished for the wiretapping it would be Haslett not Payton.

Wes

venison crêpe
PlpmS.jpg

HuHtt.jpg

bionic77

I just got back home and I see that Chelsea beat Barca with 10 men?

Can't wait to see the replay.

Yes, I just talked about a soccer match in the football thread. What are you going to do about it?

Wes

venison crêpe
I just got back home and I see that Chelsea beat Barca with 10 men?

Can't wait to see the replay.

Yes, I just talked about a soccer match in the football thread. What are you going to do about it?

Villa lost to Bolton too. FML.

Kosmo

Banned
My favorite part of the BCS is the fact that their main argument against playoffs is "academic reasons."

Yeah, it's hilarious, but I've never seen a reporter press a university President or BCS representative on it. How hard is it to ask:

"Explain it to me. College football players play a maximum of 13 games, 1 per week. College basketball players play upwards of 35 games, travel far more, including week long tournaments in Hawaii, so how does that work again? Oh yeah, and every other NCAA division of football has a playoff..."

Talon

I would like to start a Kickstarter for any NFL player to celebrate with a signature New Orleans Saints pill pop in front of Joe Vitt.

Yeah, it's hilarious, but I've never seen a reporter press a university President or BCS representative on it. How hard is it to ask:

"Explain it to me. College football players play a maximum of 13 games, 1 per week. College basketball players play upwards of 35 games, travel far more, including week long tournaments in Hawaii, so how does that work again? Oh yeah, and every other NCAA division of football has a playoff..."

Clearly the NCAA doesnt give a fuck about the education of 1AA athletes.

Glad my ban ended before the draft! Just two more days!

I want:

1. DeCastro or Reiff (think DC is going to Kansas and Reiff to Buffalo)

2. Floyd (Either Jags take him or he'll make it to us)

3. Ingram (Likely taken before us)

If all of these players are gone, trading back a few spots and snagging a second rounder back would be great. Climate is starting to sound like the Eagles and Cowboys are trying to out posture each other for Barron. I'm not sure how true that is but his stock is rising and there may be a few teams wanting to move up to where we are. Snagging Hightower with a later first and having a second pick would be outstanding. If all these scenarios fail, I could stomach going with Upshaw. Apparently Fitz has publicly stated he wants Floyd, always has to open his mouth about who he wants haha

LJ11

No one knows what the Bills will do, but I'm 90% certain that Reiff won't be the selection. Floyd never made a visit, I think that's important to this group, though anything is possible. Floyd was photoshopping himself in a Bills uni, sounds like he likes the idea more than the Bills FO.

Here's a sleeper for the Bills, Shea McClellin. If they take a tackle not named Kalil in the first it's Glenn.

Wes

venison crêpe
Mayock talking about the draft now. Doesn't think there'll be any trades involving Top 10 (despite all the rumours flyign around today). Think his one and only mock is due tomorrow.

Bowser

"I actually had an altercation with a guy who told me firsthand," Smith said Tuesday on NFL.com's "Dave Dameshek Football Program," although he didn't name the Saints player. "I was going out of bounds, and the guy went for my ankle. I said, 'Hey, man, cut that out.' He's like, 'Well, we get fined if we don't go after your legs when you go out of bounds.' ... And actually this past year, this last game when we played them, I had a little conversation with Gregg Williams. ... He took responsibility, he was saying it wasn't right, but that's who he was."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ims-saints-player-admitted-smith-was-targeted

smh, fucking Stains/Taints

Top Bottom