• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Bowser

I believe two years in double digits million area, roughly. Though I'd expect he would need to restructure before the trade is done.

Edit: According to ESPN:

No way will the Eagles keep him. Just wait for him to be released and enter the bidding war.

Yeah, the Eagles are just looking to see if they could get a 5th or 6th, but if Samuel doesn't agree to restructure, they'll have no choice but to cut him.

BigAT

After they fleeced the Cardinals so badly for Kolb last year, they're probably just expecting to be able to do the same with Samuels this year.

Clayton Bigsby said:
Peyton is/was an elite player who also was a good guy. Eli is just bitch made.
AlTZ4WwCAAAxddV.jpg

Bowser

Maybe the Falcons want to avoid a bidding war because its likely someone would overpay him.

If I'm Sameul though, why do I agree to restructure my contract? I would wait it out and have my pick of teams in free agency. No one's going to trade the Eagles anything if he doesn't restructure.

edit:

Brent Grimes will play the 2012 season for a guaranteed salary of $10.3 million after signing the franchise tender.

The Falcons have announced that Grimes, a cornerback who has played his entire five-year NFL career in Atlanta, signed the tag today.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...brent-grimes-has-signed-his-franchise-tender/

I think this was just a power play/leverage move by the Falcons. They weren't interested in Samuel at all, but leaked this to force Grimes to sign and participate in OTAs.

eznark

Banned
If I'm Sameul though, why do I agree to restructure my contract? I would wait it out and have my pick of teams in free agency. No one's going to trade the Eagles anything if he doesn't restructure.

He'll probably get more guaranteed money through a restructure than a FA contract.

He'll probably get more guaranteed money through a restructure than a FA contract.

It'd be a gamble on his part if the Falcons were to offer him significant guaranteed money but he chose to be a FA and finds out the market for him isn't what he thought.

EDIT: Grimes signed his franchise tender.

Moving to Dallas in two months.

That's like moving to football's Sodom.

It's superior to Cleveland and Detroit by leaps and bounds.

Speaking of Cleveland, why hasn't jdez made his triumphant return to proclaim that the Browns will trade up for Luck and they're going to win the Super Bowl next year.

C'mon, Mrs. jdez! We're not that bad, I'll even start censoring out my m*****f****** g****** curse words!

Greg

Hugh Douglas is on First Take saying that eavesdropping offers no advantages because the Saints didn't win many games while it allegedly happened, and play calling terminology is so complicated that you wouldn't be able to tell more than it being a run or pass play. And knowing if it's run or pass isn't an advantage because the players on the field already know if it's going to be run or pass.

not enough :jnc

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's superior to Cleveland and Detroit by leaps and bounds.

Speaking of Cleveland, why hasn't jdez made his triumphant return to proclaim that the Browns will trade up for Luck and they're going to win the Super Bowl next year.

C'mon, Mrs. jdez! We're not that bad, I'll even start censoring out my m*****f****** g****** curse words!

Well yeah, for non-football activities, it's hard to beat low cost of living, no state income tax, etc.

Should be interesting to walk around wearing Packer apparel. No idea why they would hate us though since we did them a favor two years ago.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
m*****f****** g******
mister freeman ginormous?

Hugh Douglas is on First Take saying that eavesdropping offers no advantages because the Saints didn't win many games while it allegedly happened, and play calling terminology is so complicated that you wouldn't be able to tell more than it being a run or pass play. And knowing if it's run or pass isn't an advantage because the players on the field already know if it's going to be run or pass.

I saw that this morning. Someone should have walked onto the set and fired him on the spot.

First Take has become an all-out contest to see who can out-troll (out-stupid) Skip.

Then why does play action work Hugh! Why!!!!!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I honestly don't get how somebody who actually played NFL football can make an asinine statement like this. Does he truly not understand how that would help?

Greg

Who is this Jemele Hill guy? I've never heard of him? Some shitty NBA writer I assume?
:jnc

I honestly don't get how somebody who actually played NFL football can make an asinine statement like this. Does he truly not understand how that would help?
Yeah, I thought he'd back down from his stance a bit, but then he tried to validate the whole thing by bringing up the Saints' record during when it would've happened. So sad that he gets paid for that job.

I'm done moving! Yay!

Super duper fast internet! Yay!
NFL-GAF browsing +1

Like on 4th and 26?

....I'm still mad. I hope you choke Nick Barnett!
Knowing the exact play can't fix a bad player.

bionic77

Her writings are dark and humorless?
She is boring, dumb and has nothing to say.

She does have the opinionated female black sports journalist market cornered though so she appears on everything on ESPN. I assume it is to check some boxes or maybe trick women into watching.

Kosmo

Banned
The Outside the Lines reporter (John Barr, I think) was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that there was a negative league-wide perception of Sean Payton because any time a reporter or team says something even remotely critical about the Saints he calls them up and berates them with a profanity-laced tirade.

:jnc

Barr was trying to be nice about it, but you could tell people around the league can't stand the guy.

Look who he learned from?

bill-parcells.jpg

Parcells was notorious for treating reporters like shit.

Top Bottom