• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

So say the Vikes can't trade back...how do the first 10 picks look?

Colts - Luck
Skins - RG3
Vikes - Claiborne
Browns - Richardson
Bucs - Kuechly?
Rams - Blackmon
Jags - Ingram? Cox? Trade?
Phins - Tannehill
Panthers - Kalil (Hurney won't pass on Gross' successor. We can slot Kalil in at RT to start his career and move Otah to RG)
Bills - Barron

I would actually be very okay with Claiborne but would still prefer Kalil. I think the Viking front office thinks similarly and the excessive claiborne talk is trade bait.

Man, Nick Toon projected in the 4th. That's disappointing

I feel like he will be a huge sleeper pick. I got to see a lot of him thanks to my sconi roommates. I actually hope the vikes grab him.

Fox318

Colts - Luck
Skins - RG3
Vikes - Claiborne
Browns - Richardson
Bucs - Kuechly?
Rams - Blackmon
Phins - Tannehill
Panthers - Kalil (Hurney won't pass on Gross' successor. We can slot Kalil in at RT to start his career and move Otah to RG)
Bills - Barron

Browns would not pass on Kalil.

Wes

venison crêpe

Jaguars want to trade out. If somehow Kalil falls to them, they'll trade with someone who wants that franchise LT.

The Bucs would be really screwed if Claiborne and Richardson goes before them. Maybe they try to trade out too.

Drakeon

Colts - Luck
Skins - RG3
Vikes - Claiborne
Browns - Richardson
Bucs - Kuechly?
Rams - Blackmon
Phins - Tannehill
Bills - Barron

Theres no way the Bills don't trade up to the Jags slot in that situation and take Kalil, if the reports have any merit to them (that they seemingly desperately want Kalil).

Wes

venison crêpe
They have Joe Thomas? I wouldn't expect the Browns to take Kalil over Blackmon or Richardson.

Whilst that would be an obscene high pick for a RT, it's not out of the realm of possibility. We're in desperate need of a RT. Kalil played RT one year in college I believe. That OL would at least give McCoy time to find our receivers who haven't seperated from their defenders.

Talon

Whilst that would be an obscene high pick for a RT, it's not out of the realm of possibility. We're in desperate need of a RT. Kalil played RT one year in college I believe. That OL would at least give McCoy time to find our receivers who haven't seperated from their defenders.
Why do I hear a constant sob in the background?

Im sure Kalil would be a team player about it but it would be a waste of his talents to not have him on the blind side.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
With my little knowledge I still stand by Blackmon or Richardson.

I will flip a table if we don't get either of these guys. I mean it.

eznark

Banned
With my little knowledge I still stand by Blackmon or Richardson.

I will flip a table if we don't get either of these guys. I mean it.

1. I will flip if you don't play your fucking series in The Show

2. Wasting that high a pick on a running back is asinine. Which is why I'm sure the Browns will do it.

Indeed. That's why I don't see how he doesn't land at either the Vikings or Bills. Do the Vikings not like Ponder much?

They do but this is a deep draft and a rebuilding effort.

I want Kalil and I think the front office does as well, but in order to remain competitive they would want an increase in picks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
1. I will flip if you don't play your fucking series in The Show

I've been waiting to hear from the dude since Monday, sent him two PMs so far. As soon as I come home the PS3 is going to be turned on and I'm just going to be sitting there waiting for him to come online.

Other then dropping my buddy at the airport I'm setting aside my entire night to do this thing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Again, how many teams have won a Super Bowl after drafting a tackle in the top 5?

You know why the Phins are so awful? Because they'll draft Tannehill. He's going to be another Blaine Gabbert and you all know it!

bionic77

Wow @ a real NFL player and gamer posting on GAF.

I can see some friction from Packers GAF if and/or when the Vikings best them again.

bionic77

Again, how many teams have won a Super Bowl after drafting a tackle in the top 5?

You know why the Phins are so awful? Because they'll draft Tannehill. He's going to be another Blaine Gabbert and you all know it!
You better be getting a HOFer if you get a tackle at number 5.

On the plus side those guys have a high rate of success in the first and second rounds. They pretty much all contribute pretty quickly.

Nakazato

So he got us taking,

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama. The age of Pittsburgh's defense might push them toward a versatile player like Hightower, who can play outside or inside. The Steelers aren't afraid to build depth at a position instead of filling what people perceive as their more immediate need.

would like this pick

56. Steelers: Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State. The Steelers found it difficult to suit up five healthy linemen at times last season.

wow what a name

86. Steelers: Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati. Adds speed to the team's rushing offense, which lacks a breakaway threat when Rashard Mendenhall is out of the game.

really rather not

119. Steelers: Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama. Plug him in at nose tackle for the next few years after Casey Hampton retires.

would accept this pick

159. Steelers: Keith Tandy, CB, West Virginia

would rather go sooner for cb tbh

193. Steelers: Lamar Holmes, OT, Southern Miss

he'll probably start at least 3 games

231. Steelers: Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

what kind of wr is he?

240. Steelers: Brandon Lindsey, OLB, Pittsburgh

i guess all those LB from 2 years ago isnt depth enough

246. Steelers: Eddie Pleasant, SS, Oregon

some safety depth ok

248. Steelers: Markus Kuhn, DT, North Carolina State

meh go with something else but at this point its training camp fodder

was a late 1st early 2nd before season but this year he was injured and couldnt hold on to a ball to save his life.

What will probably happen tonight:

"With the 23rd overall pick, the Detroit Lions select (best player available at the given time)"

What I expect will happen tonight post-Madden Curse:

Goodell: "With the third overall pick, The Minnesota Vikings select-" (Goodell suddenly gets this deer in headlights look and begins speaking in a monotone voice like he's being mind controlled) "We. have. a. trade. The Detroit Lions trade their entire draft to move up and select Justin Blackmon, wide receiver, Oklahoma State. All glory to the Hypno-Millen."

Draft crowd: "All glory to the Hypno-Millen." *slow, synchronized clap*

Matt Millen: *makes this noise for 20 minutes*

Wexell is high on Zeitler, and he’s shooting up a lot of Steelers draft boards. The knock on Hightower is that he’s just too slow to be matched up with Woodley (who’s his cousin apparently.)

What will probably happen tonight:

"With the 23rd overall pick, the Detroit Lions select (best player available at the given time)"

What I expect will happen tonight post-Madden Curse:

Goodell: "With the third overall pick, The Minnesota Vikings select-" (Goodell suddenly gets this deer in headlights look and begins speaking in a monotone voice like he's being mind controlled) "We. have. a. trade. The Detroit Lions trade their entire draft to move up and select Justin Blackmon, wide receiver, Oklahoma State. All glory to the Hypno-Millen."

Draft crowd: "All glory to the Hypno-Millen." *slow, synchronized clap*

Matt Millen: *makes this noise for 20 minutes*

Sounds good for me. Unfortunately Stafford will pass for like 7000 yards if they get blackmon.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Didn't his 40 kinda suck? Just remember draft means shit. Hines was like the 12th wr taken and had 1000 career catches

I'd wager that probably half of the "Pro Bowl" receivers playing right now were drafted in the 2nd or later rounds.

Sounds good for me. Unfortunately Stafford will pass for like 7000 yards if they get blackmon.

He already has Megatron who is already a better version of Blackmon. I don't think receivers are a huge issue for Detroit.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You better be getting a HOFer if you get a tackle at number 5.

On the plus side those guys have a high rate of success in the first and second rounds. They pretty much all contribute pretty quickly.

tumblr_kwmequXe5W1qadon4o1_500.jpg

Fun fact, the next three picks were: Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders.

eznark

Banned
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwmequXe5W1qadon4o1_500.jpg[/IMG

Fun fact, the next three picks were: Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas and Deion Sanders.[/QUOTE]

Even more fun facts:

0 - number of Super Bowl victories for the teams that passed on Tony Mandrich

jakncoke

Banned
My semi-controversial opinion?

Linear speed is an overrated stat for wideouts. If you are quick and technically sound you will be fine.

I dont think thats controversial at all, I think most will agree that 40 is rather overated for a wr and 10/20 should probably be looked at more.

Nightz

Tonight, the Chargers will do one of the following:

a) Move up to draft Barron
b) Move down in the first, take Nick Perry/Shea McClellin, move up in the second, take Harrison Smith
c) Stay at 18, pick Mercilus
d) AJ picks someone that nobody has ever heard of

I'd be ok with any of a-c, but I'm leaning towards d.

Junie12

I hope my Phins trade down and nab Fleener.

But since Ireland is running the draft we'll do something stupid like overdraft a 2nd round prospect or something like that.

I don't have a good feeling about this draft. Nope, not at all.

jbug617

Banned
Bruce Irvine was told he would be picked at the end of the 1st round and rumors of Eagles trading up if Tanenhill makes it to 11.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Pro Bowl needs to be replaced by the triumphant return of the NFL Quarterback Challenge and all will be right with the world.

jergrah

I hope my Phins trade down and nab Fleener.
But since Ireland is running the draft we'll do something stupid like overdraft a 2nd round prospect or something like that.

I don't have a good feeling about this draft. Nope, not at all.

Theyll end up trading down to 14 with Dallas, thinking they can still snag one of "their" guys at that spot, except whoever "their" guys are will be gone by then and Ireland will just go with some random O-Lineman.

I think I might have actually liked Randy Mueller as GM over Jeff Ireland. Never thought I would say that.

bionic77

The Pro Bowl needs to be replaced by the triumphant return of the NFL Quarterback Challenge and all will be right with the world.
I used to love that shit when I was a kid. It was cray how hard the Flacco level qb's tried to win while the Joe Montana's and Bubby Bristers of the world didnt give a fuck.

Damn life was boring before the Internet.

Top Bottom