• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

Best Twitter Account

https://twitter.com/#!/AdarnSchefter

kJEF1.png

Drakeon

So what is everyone else doing until 5pm tonight? Have the day off today and not sure how to make the time go by until the draft.

Junie12

So what is everyone else doing until 5pm tonight? Have the day off today and not sure how to make the time go by until the draft.

Lucky for me my cousin came over today so I'm gonna be hanging out with him all day.

Which means I'll be watching the draft through my iPhone.

Nightz

At work browsing GAF and other NFL sites until 4. Sit in traffic, get home at 4:40. Grab a bite to eat then draft time.

Workday is going super slow though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't HANDLE all these Browns rumours.

Is this what it's like to pretend to have a good team? Not sure if I could handle actually HAVING a good team.

Wes

venison crêpe
PFT: "With the 14th pick in the NFL draft, the Cowboys seem to have settled on four players they may select: Alabama safety Mark Barron, LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers, Stanford guard David DeCastro and Georgia tackle Cordy Glenn."

Fox318

PFT: "With the 14th pick in the NFL draft, the Cowboys seem to have settled on four players they may select: Alabama safety Mark Barron, LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers, Stanford guard David DeCastro and Georgia tackle Cordy Glenn."

Talk about milking a headline?

BREAKING NEWS: TEAMS WILL DRAFT PLAYERS IN DRAFT

There's like zero consensus on who's going where in this draft. Everything past the top 10 is just one big homogenized pool of similar players that could go at any position. As a fan it's interesting because I've honestly zero clue what the Giants are going to do at 32.

Wes

venison crêpe
My two favourite moments in a draft:

- When a trade comes in, the banner says "TRADE" but no one knows who is coming up.
- When an idiot teams misses their selection. Who was it last year, Baltimore?

Junie12

My two favourite moments in a draft:

- When a trade comes in, the banner says "TRADE" but no one knows who is coming up.
- When an idiot teams misses their selection. Who was it last year, Baltimore?

Yeah it was Baltimore, I remember they were waiting on a trade from the Bears but it never came through.

LJ11

There's like zero consensus on who's going where in this draft. Everything past the top 10 is just one big homogenized pool of similar players that could go at any position. As a fan it's interesting because I've honestly zero clue what the Giants are going to do at 32.

I don't even think the top 10 is settled, after the Browns who knows. What does TB do if Claiborne and Richardson come off the board? Too early for a WR and I think Kendall Wright is as good as anyone, so you can get a WR later. Fuck if I know what happens after 4.

eznark

Banned
I don't even think the top 10 is settled, after the Browns who knows. What does TB do if Claiborne and Richardson come off the board? Too early for a WR and I think Kendall Wright is as good as anyone, so you can get a WR later. Fuck if I know what happens after 4.

You'd think a year with no Al Davis to fuck everything up would be less volatile.

brentech

Wow. This got interesting before the draft even starts. Kind of risky to jump ahead of a team when you're not jumping up to like 3 or 4. You have no idea who other teams are going after.

Bowser

Wow. This got interesting before the draft even starts. Kind of risky to jump ahead of a team when you're not jumping up to like 3 or 4. You have no idea who other teams are going after.

lol I hope you're not talking about the "Adam Schefter" tweets

I feel like he will be a huge sleeper pick. I got to see a lot of him thanks to my sconi roommates. I actually hope the vikes grab him.

My semi-controversial opinion?

Linear speed is an overrated stat for wideouts. If you are quick and technically sound you will be fine.

I agree with both parts. I've seen enough of Nick Toon to believe he will be a solid NFL receiver. I look at him like I did Eric Decker, but I think Toon will be better.

And you are 100% right about the linear speed meaning less than people value it at.

jbug617 said:
Pats really like Chandler Jones. I think he goes in the teens rather than the twenties.
This blows my mind. The guy was a borderline first rounder two weeks ago. Now he's suddenly a top 15 pick (top ten in some mocks).

Bowser said:
People are talking up Chandler Jones as a top 15 pick. Mayock has him as the 9th rated prospect in the draft.
He's being drastically overrated value wise, IMO and he's who I felt the Giants were targeting. I've watched Syracuse games and while the team was shit and he didn't have a lot around him, the pedigree of his name is seemingly pushing him up the boards more than the production on the field. His measurables are good but teams may be suffering from "maybe he's JPP 2.0" syndrome.

Mayock was on NFLN saying "I think he'll be the best defensive player to come out of this draft".....really? I just don't know where the fire has suddenly been lit for the guy. A ridiculous statement for a DE that Mayock didn't even have in his Top 5 two weeks ago!

Bowser

He's being drastically overrated value wise, IMO and he's who I felt the Giants were targeting. I've watched Syracuse games and while the team was shit and he didn't have a lot around him, the pedigree of his name is seemingly pushing him up the boards more than the production on the field. His measurables are good but teams may be suffering from "maybe he's JPP 2.0" syndrome.

Mayock was on NFLN saying "I think he'll be the best defensive player to come out of this draft".....really? I just don't know where the fire has suddenly been lit for the guy. A ridiculous statement for a DE that Mayock didn't even have in his Top 5 two weeks ago!

This makes me laugh because he's got 4 other defensive prospects rated higher than Jones. If you think the guy is gonna be the best defensive player from this draft, don't be a pussy, put him in your top 5 draft prospects.

BigAT said:
Everyone watched Jon Jones beat Rashad and want any piece they can get.
Heh. Don't get me wrong. I think he could end up being an excellent player. He'll need time to develop but he has never shown the type of motor that makes JPP the force he is or the type of production against the offensive lines in that division. The Giants scouts really liked him and I trust their judgement if they were to take him late but it seems like he's a late first/second round type player at best. Hell, I've seen better film/highlights of Andre Branch...

Top Bottom