• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
Although Nick Perry is not an elite prospect in the mold of Von Miller, he is nevertheless a strong prospect that SackSEER likes more than any other in this class, regardless of draft position.
SackSEER's optimism for Perry comes from his outstanding combine performance, where he scored highly in all of the drills that make up the explosion index. Perry recorded a 4.64 forty-yard dash, a 38.5" vertical leap, and a 10'4" broad jump. Perry's vertical leap and broad jump are a full standard deviation above the mean performance for edge rushers, and his forty-yard dash is nearly as good. These numbers are all the more impressive considering that Perry has above-average bulk at 270 pounds. Interestingly, Perry performed poorly in the short shuttle drill and slightly below average on the three-cone, so he is a great test case for SackSEER 2.0's methodological decision to drop the agility drills.
Perry's college production is not outstanding, but it is good enough. His sack production came in peaks and valleys: he recorded an impressive 9.0 sacks as a freshman, bottomed out at 4.0 sacks as a sophomore, and bounced back to another 9.0 sack outing as a junior. A great sign of pro success is the ability to dominate early in college, much like Terrell Suggs and Aldon Smith did, but Perry's production is not quite as good as Suggs' or Smith's. Perry's pass defensed rate is just average.

Bust confirmed

lol, you're blind. Alex did jack shit, any Div 1 qb could of made those passes to Davis with that busted coverage, and he did nothing outside of those two throws.

y u so mad for? you guys were gift wrapped the game by kyle williams, nothing to be asahmed of. the better team lost on that day but that is why the NFL is a great league so wash my balls

Fox318

lEEZe.png

Talon

Cleveland's trade up is more baffling by the moment. There was no chance Richardson was gone by 4.

I trust Ted Thompson more than any other GM, but Nick Perry never stood out to me in any of the 3 USC games I saw last season.

Canuck76

Banned
If you need optimism, you will find no bigger fan of his on GAF than me.

If he wasn't 28 he'd be a surefire top-10 pick. He can flat-out whip the ball, and he's a winner. His maturity will help him become a quality starter quickly.

But there's no doubt that the Browns need to take 2-3 WRs in this draft to help him out. Jeffery and Broyles would be fantastic, and with Weeden and Richardson would really improve the Browns O.

I'd agree. He's a kid that normally, you can build around. However i believe the Browns don't have the best line, and no real weapons for him correct? I think there's a bad habit of teams just dumping their 1st round QB picks if they have a down year. He's a tough kid, steps up in the pocket and makes throws.

This is the kid that went up against Suh and that dominant Nebraska D-line and won (actually stole) that game. Got hit multiple times but didn't bend under pressure.

Draxal

y u so mad for? you guys were gift wrapped the game by kyle williams, nothing to be asahmed of. the better team lost on that day but that is why the NFL is a great league so wash my balls

im cool bro, your d was legit >>> giant's d that day, just keeping it real, your o dropped the ball.

eznark

Banned
I'd agree. He's a kid that normally, you can build around. However i believe the Browns don't have the best line, and no real weapons for him correct? I think there's a bad habit of teams just dumping their 1st round QB picks if they have a down year. He's a tough kid, steps up in the pocket and makes throws.

This is the kid that went up against Suh and that dominant Nebraska D-line and won (actually stole) that game. Got hit multiple times but didn't bend under pressure.

He is going to be 29. You can stop calling him a kid.

im cool bro, your d was legit >>> giant's d that day, just keeping it real, your o dropped the ball.

nope. our offense did enough to win the game, as it always does. our special teams, specifically our punt returns, and more specifically kyle williams, dropped the ball. not our offense

Talon

u ok frankman? wilson projected to go in the 50's 2nd round :(
By a bunch of fuckers that don't work in NFL FOs.

David Wilson is a baller. I think the Giants will be happy with him. If it makes you feel better, Giants-GAF, Cordy Glenn has 0 chance of starting 16 games in a season. Made of glass.

Nakazato

well you are making me feel better about the pick but i just hadn't seen him linked to us at all. i suppose it's similar to the aldon smith pick from last year. i hope you're right!

Like i said i saw him play pop Warner to high school you got a hell of a player. Going to buy his jersey asap

bluemax

Banned
If you need optimism, you will find no bigger fan of his on GAF than me.

If he wasn't 28 he'd be a surefire top-10 pick. He can flat-out whip the ball, and he's a winner. His maturity will help him become a quality starter quickly.

But there's no doubt that the Browns need to take 2-3 WRs in this draft to help him out. Jeffery and Broyles would be fantastic, and with Weeden and Richardson would really improve the Browns O.

Eh, he has the injury history thing as well.

well you are making me feel better about the pick but i just hadn't seen him linked to us at all. i suppose it's similar to the aldon smith pick from last year. i hope you're right!

No way; Aldon is a freak and I was pissed when SF drafted him. Would have loved him in Detroit. That was a sure fire pick if you ask me. Jenkins is..... not a sure fire pick. But Harbs seems to know what he is doing considering the turn around last year. Maybe it will work out

Cleveland's trade up is more baffling by the moment. There was no chance Richardson was gone by 4.

I trust Ted Thompson more than any other GM, but Nick Perry never stood out to me in any of the 3 USC games I saw last season.

Word was that the Bucs were going to trade with Minny for the pick. Glad they didnt. Much happier with Barron and a Martin/Blount combo instead of Richardson. They drafted Barron a little too high, but it takes 2 to tango and I doubt the Bucs could find anybody to trade down with again.

eznark

Banned
He looked short and not particularly quick in the games I saw.

There's no reason to doubt Ted quite yet, Sherrod and Justin Harrel notwithstanding.

Is 6'4 short for an OLB?

Capers seemed happy with him because of his speed and size. Maybe they told him they took someone else.

Draxal

Sure...but why bother? To placate fans? When has he ever given a fuck.

Ya, it just seems like Reese likes his pure n/s runners (see Darnell Scott), and Wilson seemed to fit this mold than Wilson.

edit. Eric from BBI seems to say Wilson was the man the entire time too.

Talon

Is 6'4 short for an OLB?

Capers seemed happy with him because of his speed and size. Maybe they told him they took someone else.
He's 6'3". I think it's the fact that he's bulky that made him look short.

I found it amusing that one of the highlights they showed was where the LT and RB just completely ignored him.
Word was that the Bucs were going to trade with Minny for the pick. Glad they didnt. Much happier with Barron and a Martin/Blount combo instead of Richardson. They drafted Barron a little too high, but it takes 2 to tango and I doubt the Bucs could find anybody to trade down with again.
I'm glad Richardson's not in the division. Barron's a hell of a player down hill, but I have a lot of memories of him blowing deep coverage - particularly that sideline throw against Auburn.

Top Bottom