• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

snesfreak

Banned
Feels real good to finally be the team that drafts the player another team wants 1 pick before them.
Yeah.
Hows Gerald Mccoy doing these days? Still playing?
omfg_david_caruso_fuck_you.gif

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
But KingGondo also believes in Russel Westbrook.

Stop trying to sell me your scrubs bro. If he has a good season I'll chew on a dirty sock, live.

KingGondo

Banned
That's part of why he quit baseball:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--b...to-nfl.html;_ylt=Aj1nJ_ivViSXhbFM.CiGvwlDubYF

"He struggled with injuries to his pitching shoulder and had an ERA of 5.39 or above in each of his final three campaigns."
He's been completely fine in 3 years at OSU. And he threw it a LOT in games and in practice.

K.Jack said:
But KingGondo also believes in Russel Westbrook.

Stop trying to sell me your scrubs bro.
I recently stated in NBA-GAF that I want Cleveland to get Anthony Davis.

Y u hatin?

He's 6'3". I think it's the fact that he's bulky that made him look short.

I found it amusing that one of the highlights they showed was where the LT and RB just completely ignored him.

I'm glad Richardson's not in the division. Barron's a hell of a player down hill, but I have a lot of memories of him blowing deep coverage - particularly that sideline throw against Auburn.

Again, as mre pointed out earlier, against Auburn he had a torn pectoral muscle, couldn't even lift his arm above his shoulder.

Reese and Marc Ross talking the pick

- Both said they loved Wilsons interview at the combine and pro-day. They had him targeted early.
- They had him as the #2 RB on the board and they felt the pick filled a need and matched up with a high ranked player on their board. Felt Martin was very close but they liked Wilson's explosiveness.
- Noted they've been looking to upgrade at RB for two years now (Mark Ingram was a target last year before Prince fell to them and they were really big on Spiller the year before)
- They milked the clock hoping some team would give them the "motherlode" of picks to allow them to trade back but it didn't happen.

I've always liked Doug Martin more and I think it's a bit high for the player (would have preferred to move back) but I bow to the knowledge of the guys getting paid much more money than me to make these decisions. Welcome to New York, David Wilson.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the better team lost on that day
Le0eK.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
He's been completely fine in 3 years at OSU. And he threw it a LOT in games and in practice.

I recently stated in NBA-GAF that I want Cleveland to get Anthony Davis.

Y u hatin?

I am beyond reason right now. Bout to go ly dow. PEACE.

And I need the Cavs to stay a uni-brow free organization.

Uh...form up Steelers GAF. I don't know much about college football so who the hell is DeCastro and why did we pick him over Hightower?

Also, LOL dolphins

After seeing the press conference from Schwartz and Mayhew, I'm even more excited for Reiff. I really can't believe he fell to Detroit. I'm just giddy

Fox318

Ideas for Jets 2nd round picks

S : Iloka, George
OT : Martin, Jonathan
OT : Adams, Mike
OLB : Upshaw, Courtney
OLB : Brown, Zach
WR : Jeffery, Alshon

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I know quite a few people who would lose their crap if we A) traded up in the second round again, and especially B) traded up to take yet another offensive player. I'm still really hoping for a solid linebacker in the second round, really. Barring that, a corner. I'm okay with just about anything as long as they don't trade up for another running back.

We absolutely need to draft a RB in either round 2 or round 3. Mikel Leshoure will be a beast but he'll be suspended for a few games, and as much as I love Jahvid Best I think his career is over because of all the concussions.

If LaMichael James is there around #40 or so I say trade up ASAP.

This offense put up ridiculous numbers without any semblance of a running game. If we can actually scare defenses with the play-action and the potential of a run, Megatron will be the first to defeat the Madden curse.

Nakazato

Like last year, AJ Jenkins was a reach and like last year, Baalke got who he wanted.

How confident were 49ers that they'd land Jenkins? Baalke put his name in an envelope last night & said: "This is who we're going to pick."
https://twitter.com/#!/mattbarrows/status/195716570192953345

WOW

So Chandler Jones is Jon "Bones" Jones's brother.Didnt know that.

yep and the 3 bro is a raven Art Jones

Ideas for Jets 2nd round picks

S : Iloka, George
OT : Martin, Jonathan
OT : Adams, Mike
OLB : Upshaw, Courtney
OLB : Brown, Zach
WR : Jeffery, Alshon

Brown is a 4-3 OLB
Upshaw wont make it pass the ravens
I hope
Jeffery should be good
Martin would be a steal in the second
Iloka is NOT as good a Smith or Barron

We absolutely need to draft a RB in either round 2 or round 3. Mikel Leshoure will be a beast but he'll be suspended for a few games, and as much as I love Jahvid Best I think his career is over because of all the concussions.

If LaMichael James is there around #40 or so I say trade up ASAP.

This offense put up ridiculous numbers without any semblance of a running game. If we can actually scare defenses with the play-action and the potential of a run, Megatron will be the first to defeat the Madden curse.

You don't think the worst run blocking line in the league had anything to do with those bad numbers? That O-line needs another upgrade to make an effective run game. Take Glenn and plug him at RG with Reiff at RT and we have a power running game

Reese and Marc Ross talking the pick

- Both said they loved Wilsons interview at the combine and pro-day. They had him targeted early.
- They had him as the #2 RB on the board and they felt the pick filled a need and matched up with a high ranked player on their board. Felt Martin was very close but they liked Wilson's explosiveness.
- Noted they've been looking to upgrade at RB for two years now (Mark Ingram was a target last year before Prince fell to them and they were really big on Spiller the year before)
- They milked the clock hoping some team would give them the "motherlode" of picks to allow them to trade back but it didn't happen.

I've always liked Doug Martin more and I think it's a bit high for the player (would have preferred to move back) but I bow to the knowledge of the guys getting paid much more money than me to make these decisions. Welcome to New York, David Wilson.

Le0eK.jpg

matt millen got paid more money than you too

p.s. of course baalke could write AJ's name and put it in an enveloping guaranteeing we'd get him because no one else would have taken him that high.

i watched some of his highlights.... i just don't see what harbaalke saw in him but they haven't steered us wrong yet!

He is going to be 29. You can stop calling him a kid.

Weeden is the 2nd oldest starting QB in the AFC North. Ben is only a year or so older than him (just turned 30). He needs to come out and be Andy Dalton good from day 1 if the Browns have any shot at winning, and then at best he's got only 5 or 6 years before he starts to deteriorate.

With the complete lack of weapons the Browns have, I'm baffled at this pick. Who does Weeden throw to? I assume they have to get a WR or maybe they get Fleener in the 2nd. Either way, they now have a QB controversy, because when you take a 29 year old in the 1st round, you have to assume he's starting.

So I just read that there is a rumor that the NFL is just going to do away with the pro bowl completely? Not surprised after last years game. Good riddance.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You don't think the worst run blocking line in the league had anything to do with those bad numbers? That O-line needs another upgrade to make an effective run game. Take Glenn and plug him at RG with Reiff at RT and we have a power running game

I don't think our run blocking was that bad (and IMO Raolia gets way to much hate from Lions fans). It was middle of the road, but the addition of Reiff will no doubt help. Gosder is the weak link and was absolutely horrible last year which makes him Matt Millen bust #42536372. We need a decent running back to take some pressure off the passing game.

I wouldn't mind trading up to get Janoris Jenkins either.

prince amukamara is a classic matt millen pick

Prince isn't a WR bro

I don't think our run blocking was that bad. It was middle of the road, but the addition of Reiff will no doubt help. Gosder was absolutely horrible last year and is Matt Millen bust #42536372. We need a decent running back to take some pressure off the passing game.

I wouldn't mind trading up to get Janoris Jenkins either.

Peterman and Raiola couldn't get a push off the line to save their lives and Gosder is just ugly with run blocking. We were very fortunate Reiff dropped to us. Another RB this early would be a complete wash. Need to get some talented youth on that o-line that can get any kind of push!

jakncoke

Banned
So I just read that there is a rumor that the NFL is just going to do away with the pro bowl completely? Not surprised after last years game. Good riddance.

I hope they get rid of it and bring it back with normal rules and other shit to make it more competitive and also more interesting.

BigAT

Just got in from watching the draft at a friend's house. I haven't really had a chance to gauge the reaction of Giants nation yet, but I'm a bit disappointed with the pick. I figured with Martin gone that RB was off the table for the first round. Wilson seems like someone they could have traded back and still gotten. I'm guessing Reese did indeed try this and there were no takers. I was still leaning towards Cordy Glenn since he was still available, oh well. At the very least, now JPP will have someone to compete against.

cdyhybrid

Vote for Pro Bowl Rosters but don't play the actual game. It'll never be played at full effort. Make it a skills challenge or something.

Top Bottom