• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we drafted AJ Jenkins so kyle williams never sees the field on PR again. suck it down giants you'll never make another superbowl!
oh_you.jpg

I've got a bag of dicks smothered in scat ready for you if you believe that!

BigAT

I don't know if anyone posted about this, but apparently someone pretended to be the Bengals and prank called Mohammed Sanu and his agent to tell them that Sanu was being selected by them at #27. His agent's timeline on Twitter:

oallQ.jpg

What a fucking cruel prank to play on someone on draft night. Horrible.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Peterman and Raiola couldn't get a push off the line to save their lives and Gosder is just ugly with run blocking. We were very fortunate Reiff dropped to us. Another RB this early would be a complete wash. Need to get some talented youth on that o-line that can get any kind of push!

If Mikel Leshoure hadn't gotten busted with the ganja we would not be having this discussion. I've been high on the guy since we drafted him in the second last year. Reminds me of a Steven Jackson.

I have this feeling we'll trade up to get Janoris Jenkins and get an interior o-lineman in the 3rd/4th depending on what we have to give up.

Oh. Well remember that play anyway!

:jnc

This was better

I was at this game and it was insane

If Mikel Leshoure hadn't gotten busted with the ganja we would not be having this discussion. I've been high on the guy since we drafted him in the second last year. Reminds me of a Steven Jackson.

I have this feeling we'll trade up to get Janoris Jenkins and get an interior o-lineman in the 3rd/4th depending on what we have to give up.

All I know is, in Mayhew we trust

Smokey

After looking into it more...I'm good with the LB (Whitney Mercilus) pick the Texans made and it makes total sense.

I let my hatred for Jafony Jones cloud my judgement!

WedgeX

Banned

Drew Miller of the free press can be crazy and overreact some times, but he can put out some winners.

Drew Miller said:
nor can they trust that 2011 second-rounder Mikel Leshoure will finally understand that he's better off rolling over opposing linebackers than rolling up the hippy lettuce

Jackson50

This was better

I was at this game and it was insane
A play so exciting it actually induced a heart attack. Awesome.
Peterman and Raiola couldn't get a push off the line to save their lives and Gosder is just ugly with run blocking. We were very fortunate Reiff dropped to us. Another RB this early would be a complete wash. Need to get some talented youth on that o-line that can get any kind of push!
Yeah. Our line was pathetically weak on run blocking. Our offensive line and defensive backfield should take precedence. A RB this early would be wasteful.

cdyhybrid

I don't know if anyone posted about this, but apparently someone pretended to be the Bengals and prank called Mohammed Sanu and his agent to tell them that Sanu was being selected by them at #27. His agent's timeline on Twitter:

oallQ.jpg

Wow, that's awful.

bluemax

Banned
He's been completely fine in 3 years at OSU. And he threw it a LOT in games and in practice.

I recently stated in NBA-GAF that I want Cleveland to get Anthony Davis.

Y u hatin?

The point is he's 28, will be 29 before the season start and has injury history with parts of his arm/shoulder. Just because he didn't get hurt playing in the pansy ass Big 12 doesn't mean he won't be a target in the NFL. Think how much the Saints would pay!

Junie12

I just realized that Tannehill is the first QB to be drafted in the 1st round by the Dolphins since Dan Marino...

You better be good Tannehill :(

oallQ.jpg

What a piece of shit. Poor kid.

Striker

A bit mix feelings on David Wilson. Looks like a nice speed back, but the fumble issue bothers me. Bradshaw had the same issues coming out in Marshall. Fucking Tampa taking Martin.

Tomorrow will be headlined by DL, WR/TE, OL, and Safety for the Giants.

Fox318

oallQ.jpg

What a horrible agent.

Cleveland's trade up is more baffling by the moment. There was no chance Richardson was gone by 4.

During the post round 1 press conference Heckert wouldn't say who it was or what was being offered, but he said that he knew somebody else was knocking on the Vikings door because of his relationship with the GM there and he wasn't going to miss out on his player so he made the deal he knew would solidify the pick. It even sounds more like Tampa which was my best guess legit when you considered they traded down after we took Richardson and traded back into the first later and took a RB.

Striker said:
A bit mix feelings on David Wilson. Looks like a nice speed back, but the fumble issue bothers me. Bradshaw had the same issues coming out in Marshall. Fucking Tampa taking Martin.
If Reese is to be believed, they wouldn't have taken Martin anyway.

Not terribly concerned about the fumbles. Wilson was a workhouse at VT with a high number of carries. It's a concern but Coughlin and company have worked through Tiki's fumbles and Bradshaw improved this past season (though he missed a few games). Wilson looks pretty decent in pass protection which is a positive as he'll need to be/get proficient to get on the field. Martins pass-pro abilities are why I wanted him more.:(

Striker said:
Tomorrow will be headlined by DL, WR/TE, OL, and Safety for the Giants.
I want offensive line badly. We have the running back, let's get him a quality blocker. Someone like Kelechi Osemele at the end of the 2nd would make me quite happy. Put him at RT or inside at LG.

We got Decastro color me happy. :me at Browns drafting Weeden, oldest 1st round rookie in modern nfl draft history.

I dont care if he's 48. He's already better than McCoy. If we had a halfway decent QB last year, we probably would've won both games vs the Seah---err--Steelers. :jnc it up!

With the complete lack of weapons the Browns have, I'm baffled at this pick. Who does Weeden throw to? I assume they have to get a WR or maybe they get Fleener in the 2nd. Either way, they now have a QB controversy, because when you take a 29 year old in the 1st round, you have to assume he's starting.

Heckert has already mentioned trying to deal Colt. Weeden is gonna start day 1.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Drew Miller of the free press can be crazy and overreact some times, but he can put out some winners.

Eh, the leagues marijuana policy, like the States policy, is bullshit. If the guy can play football, he can play football.

I was more mad that he got caught, and not the fact he decided to have a toke after a long day of workouts. Since he's a first time offender Goodell should suspend him for no more than one game but it'll probably be four.

Weeden can sling it, ball comes out fast and he scores TDs like mad.

You'll forget all about his age when he's throwing bullets all over the place. Underrated player, specifically over the age thing.

overcast

I really can't believe the Rams are going another year without giving Bradford a #1 WR. We will probably take Stephen Hill, which sounds good to me.. but I still think Bradford will be dead by next year. At least we got a game changing DT... Sigh.

At least we have 2 1st rounds next year. Our pick will be top 3 again.

Being better than McCoy isn't saying much. Enjoy your qb that soon will be collecting social security checks!

You wouldnt be ok with 5-6 years of good QB play? Why dont you think back to what you had during the gap between Bradshaw (and he wasnt even that good) and Big Jen. Do I need to list Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnel, Kordelia and co? Pretty sure you wouldve gladly taken 5 years of a good QB in that era.

jakncoke

Banned
You wouldnt be ok with 5-6 years of good QB play? Why dont you think back to what you had during the gap between Bradshaw (and he wasnt even that good) and Big Jen. Do I need to list Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, Kordelia and co? Pretty sure you wouldve gladly taken 5 years of a good QB in that era.

This is assuming he'll be good and Browns will get people for him to throw at(little counts sorta..but will just drop the pass!), Lets for arguments sake say he is good next year and for the next 5, can we assume the Browns are smart enough to build a team around him that he can lead to something like ya know that thing the steelers been to 8 times and won 6. The gap is closed before it was open. Suck it Brownie, lifelong losers the bunch of you.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Brandon Weeden has zero experience in the West Coast offense, and oh btw we don't have any Justin Blackmons on our roster.

Might as well wrap this disaster up nicely with trading Colt McCoy, so we can get an early start on praying we make the Matt Barkley sweepstakes.

I like the Riley Reiff pick for the Lions. We needed a replacement for Backus eventually, and he was a steal at #23.

If Jenkins continues to fall in the second round I'd roll the dice on him. I wouldn't support taking an RB in the second round under any circumstances

Top Bottom