• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

UberTag

We'll see, they'll ask him to go deep. We also have Easley coming back.

From Cosell: Not surprised Graham went off board to Bills. Not polished at all but most vertically explosive WR in draft. Dynamic speed.
Been checking out footage on YouTube of the kid.
One thing I'll say is that he makes a good interview. Seems to have a lot of character.

Not sure they needed to trade up two spots to get him but he certainly seems to possess a lot of versatility in ways he could theoretically be used (out wide, slot, return game, etc.)

Would still like to see us grab another WR prospect with one of our four picks in the 4th & 5th. The way things are going Marv Jones & Mohamed Sanu might still be around.

Rorschach

sounds like u still mad bout alex winning in the playoffs. the raiders will be back there.... someday!

You swore we'd get there at the same time. Liar!

Everyone knows Rors is a Raiders fan right? You guys have not forgotten this fact, correct? Remember what they traded for Carson Palmer?

k, just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page.

Herp a derp. 1 shitty QB is not 10 run of the mill QBs. You can only put one out there at a time. And Hue Jackson is dead.

Dolphins draft tight end Michael Egnew from Missouri.

hmmm... any good WRs they could've taken? With all Miami's holes, is TE really the most productive thing they could do with this pick?

eznark

Banned
WTF Jets. Enjoy having your offensive guys die in the backfield.

Unless you have crazy talent the NFL discriminates against shorter QBs, you know this. Do I have to bring up Flutie?

He is a smarter QB and has a better arm than Flutie. More accurate and decisive with throws. His height is irrelevant, his line in college was taller than most in the NFL.

Does he have the taken to play QB in the NFL? Not sure, but his height won't be a factor.

squicken

By the time the Trumaine pick came up though, I would imagine he ranked higher (as he should have) than the available options. I get it, but having quality CB depth is a good thing in this league.

He's prime to make fun of but I love the Jenkins pick for you guys. The guy has amazing talent. Fisher just needs to keep him from being a total fuck up.

Oh they have so many holes it doesn't matter where they draft; It's an upgrade. I just think they have completely misjudged the offensive talent and how to build a team. Look what CAR, IND, and WAS are doing for their young QBs. Look at what Reese does for Eli. Or the threats in NO and GB. Paying a QB $50m to throw to shit off the street is bad roster management

UberTag

hmmm... any good WRs they could've taken? With all Miami's holes, is TE really the most productive thing they could do with this pick?
Everyone's doing the 2-TE thing now. Who needs a WR when you can toss bombs to Fasano and Egnew all year long? Defenses won't see it coming. Egnew will be the next Gronk.

eznark

Banned
You swore we'd get there at the same time. Liar!

Herp a derp. 1 shitty QB is not 10 run of the mill QBs. You can only put one out there at a time. And Hue Jackson is dead.

Correct. The last few years of QBs you've trotted out are worse than run of the mill. Seahawks with a significant QB advantage.

LJ11

He is a smarter QB and has a better arm than Flutie. More accurate and decisive with throws. His height is irrelevant, his line in college was taller than most in the NFL.

Does he have the taken to play QB in the NFL? Not sure, but his height won't be a factor.

3 inches taller and he's a first round pick.

Mrbob

Yeah when Rich did that I cringed.

Regarding Wilson versus Brees, it's hard to project any player out of college. Brees became a lot better than anyone though the would be when he left college. I'm not saying Wilson will be better, but he can basically do everything as a QB and do it well. He has a strong arm, he is accurate, he is mobile, and he is smart. His only knock is his height and I don't know if he can overcome it. If he can I think he can be more than a serviceable qb in the NFL.

If he is 6'2" he is a first round pick.

Junie12

We really only have one TE in Anthony Fasano and he blocks most of the time. We need a pass catching TE to help our QB's. And we missed out on all the good receivers and we need playmakers really badly so I'm fine with the pick.

effzee

Have been out just got home. Eagles selected LB Kendricks and DE Curry in the 2nd round.

I know nothing about college football and outside of the first round guys have no clue who the players are.

What is the word on these players? Kendricks? Undersized speedy LB? I don't know where the Eagles project to plug him in. Does he solve the strong side?

Were these guys reaches in the 2nd round or the best players available?

eznark

Banned
3 inches taller and he's a first round pick.

I don't think Wilson will ever be an NFL starter and I certainly don't think he will see the success of a guy like Brees. I'm just saying you don't need to be 6'4" to be successful.

Wilson played tall, he never struggled behind that giant line.

Striker

Everyone's doing the 2-TE thing now. Who needs a WR when you can toss bombs to Fasano and Egnew all year long? Defenses won't see it coming. Egnew will be the next Gronk.
Lots of teams were doing two TE's often before NE. Dallas with Witten/Bennett, Skins with Davis/Cooley, Lions with Scheffler/Pettigrew, etc.

The other half are spreading defenses out in formations and drafting more receivers and halfbacks who can catch.

bluemax

Banned
568629122.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
Just saw the Wilson pick. Pete, why? I can defend Irving but come on. We have Flynn, Jackson, and Portis. We're good. Could have used a RB, LB, CB, i mean anything really besides QB and WR would have been acceptable.

yacobod

Banned
what a stupid pick, i'm convinced now more than ever that stupid asshole life support love must be shadow running the drafts for the Bears. ANOTHER FUCKING SAFETY?

really?

Top Bottom