• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Brinbe

Hmm, guess we drafted the anti-small hands.
Foles has the arm strength to be a starting quarterback at the next level. He also has big hands (10 5/8), measuring out with the largest hands of any quarterback in the 2012 draft class. However, he is going to need to become a more heady signal-caller who improves his accuracy in the NFL. For Foles, it will be all about him landing with the right coaching staff and offensive system. If that falls into place, he could be a better pro quarterback than his draft slot would indicate. Foles could go as high as the third round or as low as the fifth round.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Hmm, guess we drafted the anti-small hands.

Foles follows the "develop backup QB, trade to a sucker team for a pick higher than he was drafted" line that the Eagles like to follow. Foles will be a Dolphins QB in 3 years when Tannehill busts.

Brinbe

Foles follows the "develop backup QB, trade to a sucker team for a pick higher than he was drafted" line that the Eagles like to follow. Foles will be a Dolphins QB in 3 years when Tannehill busts.
Ha, would be a nice decade or so since Feeley. Maybe they'll have forgotten.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
If Chris Polk falls to the Packers tomorrow they better take him. Unless they plan on bringing back Grant...

TheFrankman said:
.. The Giants took a guy who failed a drug test?
It happens. Bradshaw had character concerns coming out as well.

One of the greatest Giants of all time and the best linebacker of all time was a cocaine freak.

Draxal said:
Tom Quinn pick.
He can play nickel and considering the issues we had at the position last year and status of T2's knee being up in the air....

Reese loves his Hokies apparently.

It happens. Bradshaw had character concerns coming out as well.

One of the greatest Giants of all time and the best linebacker of all time was cocaine freak.
well I mean in the Reese/slightly pre-Reese era. I know they have had some rehabilitation projects but they usually like the guys who test well/good character.

oh well, IN REESE I TRUST.

Striker

Webster, T2, Prince, and Hosley. Hope he stops smoking the hash and gets his head on straight. Certainly looks to have the talent.

Draxal

well I mean in the Reese/slightly pre-Reese era. I know they have had some rehabilitation projects but they usually like the guys who test well/good character.

I would say they always picked BPA in key positions first, and character problems that they focus are on (motivation problems), I don't think they give a shit about pot.

TheFrankman said:
Wilson was the curve ball for me in the first to be honest. My heart sank after Cincy took Zeitler. I wanted Martin next - he was gone but the Giants apparently got their man with Wilson.

WR and CB were going to be depth picks eventually. My only disappointment is the lack of an early offensive line pick but there's still three more rounds to grab some depth. The Giants must really like Brewer at tackle or feel Diehl can play RT (UGH).

Sports Science on Hosley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4yWAOqviFY

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, I didn't know Polk had medical issues. Not so hot on him now. Not that he'd get more than 5-10 carries a game in Green Bay anyway.

Draxal

He can play nickel and considering the issues we had at the position last year and status of T2's knee being up in the air....

Reese loves his Hokies apparently.

Oh, Reese always will try to upgrade the secondary, but drafting a plus returner is pretty important.

Brinbe

Cox/Kendricks/Curry/Foles isn't too bad at all. Really happy that we've improved that front seven and have a long-term QB to develop. Tomorrow, hopefully we address secondary, pick up some depth on the O-Line and maybe find a RB to compete with Dion.

Welp, so far the Bucs have won the draft IMO. Taking picks #1 through #4 and turning them into two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder. That's some Madden franchise level manipulation of draft picks.

DMczaf

Welp, so far the Bucs have won the draft IMO. Taking picks #1 through #4 and turning them into two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder. That's some Madden franchise level manipulation of draft picks.

Absolutely love the defensive picks so far. Hopefully we can get another LB out of this draft :|

God our LBs and safeties sucked last year.

bionic77

I don't understand what the Steelers are doing. Our o-line has been crap and I welcome the additions and hope they take the offense to the next level, but to me the biggest needs were in the secondary and dline, and we did nothing to address either.

Maybe we can get teams in the playoffs to agree not to run it or pass it on us though and then we should be ok.

Draxal

I don't understand what the Steelers are doing. Our o-line has been crap and I welcome the additions and hope they take the offense to the next level, but to me the biggest needs were in the secondary and dline, and we did nothing to address either.

Maybe we can get teams in the playoffs to agree not to run it or pass it on us though and then we should be ok.

If you were going to transition into a running team like the Rooneys wanted, you really needed to upgrade your line.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Am I crazy for wanting more additions to our secondary? Or how about a new center or are we deciding to wait until next year?

bionic77

If you were going to transition into a running team like the Rooneys wanted, you really needed to upgrade your line.
Rooneys don't want a running team, they want balance. That makes sense. The offense is going to improve a lot by the subtraction of Arians.

BigAT

I still can't believe it took so long for Mo Sanu to get drafted. I know it was a deep WR class, but I think he's going to have an incredibly productive NFL career. Also super strange that he ended up getting drafted by the Bengals after that horrible prank yesterday.

Well, Decastro was a no brainer pick. Adams is a gamble pick. Here's what Ed Bouchette had to say about the Adams deal:

Adams, who is 6-7, 322 pounds, apparently was mortified when he learned he had tested positive. A native of Farrell, Pa., and a lifelong Steelers fan he said, according to his agent, Monroeville native Eric Metz, "I blew it. I blew my chance of being a Steeler.''

Metz said he told him, "If you were my son, I'd tell you to get in the car, drive up there, see them face to face like a man and tell them you screwed up. He got in his car and drove over there. It was important to him, he wanted to be a Steeler.''

When he arrived, he met with Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin and president Art Rooney.

"We told him he was off our draft board,'' Colbert said.

But the fact that Adams made that drive, which the Steelers appreciated, led to circumstances that culminated in them drafting him Friday night.

The Steelers laid out some stipulations for Adams to get back on their draft board, which included counseling. Colbert said he met them all, and the put gave him a first-round grade on their board.

Colbert admitted he was a risk, but said all draft picks are risks, and that Adams showed them he is serious about making up for his mistake.

Myself, not sure what to think about it. And then the Spence pick I don't get at all. I know Farrior is gone, but this kid seems so undersized. But I don't follow much college ball, so whatever I guess.

Draxal

Rooneys don't want a running team, they want balance. That makes sense. The offense is going to improve a lot by the subtraction of Arians.

A balanced team is a running team these days, and I can't blame Arians too much with the way your talent was distributed on offence (it's not like you had a Bears situation). I just really can't complain about your draft, DeCastro was by far the steal of the draft where you got him (imho obviously).

Top Bottom