• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

DominoKid

Rams fans, I think you're gonna enjoy Brian Quick (although he makes some drops that are headscratchers).
Watched him in person for 3 years and he's amazing.
Kinda wish he could've gone to a better situation, but it is what it is.

you and cagey will both disappear come seasons end, just like all the other douchers who doubted us last year and were nowhere to be found when the phoenix rose from the ashes. it's ok though, i won't forget and when you show your faces around the thread after we've proven our point i'll be here to rub your faces in the semen that is our victorious season!

I'm still here fool

I'm still here fool

what did i say? at seasons end. you'll get your avatar and your bag of dicks just like the rest. i'm sure you talked shit about the niners prior to the 2011 season but i dont care to pull up any of the posts. just know that you were wrong and you will be wrong again!

overcast

Rams had a solid second day imo. It's just a bit risky. Not sure about Quick at WR. He's the right size, but to be honest I haven't heard much about him. I like the Jenkins pick (as long as he doesn't fuck up). Pead was a good pick, and Trumaine Johnson adds to the depth at corner. I felt we should have picked 2 WR's and a linebacker for sure.

We'll suck this year, but we just have to keep adding pieces.

Luckily the NFC West hasn't done too hot with the draft. Seahawks were pretty WTF, 9ers didn't really add that much, and Cards just did okay (assholes took Floyd).

overcast

edit: overcast, how are you not higher on the rams draft? Someone to spell SJax, a WR for Bradford, two future starters at corner, and a good DT. The Rams could have one of the better CB corps in the next few seasons.
Pretty excited for the CB's, including Finnegan. I'm not sold on the WR. I hadn't heard his name before the draft (granted I didn't follow it as much this year). Bradford needed multiple targets imo. We won't get that much better this year, but I do feel like we are slowly addressing some problems. After next years draft, we should be more competent.

Now if only Bradford can do well this year, I will feel much better.

Seguin

Banned
so I wake up this morning and see the Pats drafted a 7th round talent with a 2nd round pick and then traded their other 2nd rounder

What the hell is Bill doing after having such a good first round...

Milchjon

This draft stuff got me excited for the season. Dunno what BB was thinking, but we'll see how it's gonna work out.

Looking forward to seeing the Bengals destroy their division.

Doorman

I still can't tell if that guy's The Mask gif regarding the Lions' pick of Bentley is supposed to be a positive or negative reaction.

Kosmo

Banned
He is like this when the 49ers ate shit (so, every other season) too.

Can't wait for week 2, Sunday night, Lions @ 49ers

I still can't tell if that guy's The Mask gif regarding the Lions' pick of Bentley is supposed to be a positive or negative reaction.

Yeah, the Lions ones for rounds 2 and 3 were not that good.

13-3 and a fluke fumble away from the superbowl is "competent"? lulz. more like a dominant season. this is what a normal season has always been for the niners. the beast has awoken and we have risen to the NFL elite again!

remember, we aren't the cardinals who have like 4 playoff wins in the past 50 years

But there's all kinds of good news if you go 9-7. You still win the division by 3 games. And the Giants won the SB with a 9-7 regular season record.

Just gotta get hot at the right time. No use going 15-1 or 18-0 if you can't finish.

Kosmo

Banned
13-3 and a fluke fumble away from the superbowl is "competent"? lulz. more like a dominant season. this is what a normal season has always been for the niners. the beast has awoken and we have risen to the NFL elite again!

remember, we aren't the cardinals who have like 4 playoff wins in the past 50 years

True, but the Cardinals do have 2.5X as many playoff wins as the 49ers over the last decade (5 vs. 2), which is all that is relevant.

Did 80's Joe Montana and Jerry Rice just rejoin the team?

Slo

I like Russell Wilson as a project but WTF is Seattle doing? Seems like Carrol thinks he's still recruiting at USC.

I was reading up on the LB the Eagles got, Kendricks, pretty crazy that he beat all LBs in the 40, the high jump, and the broad jump. Not that any of that matters I just thought it was interesting that the same guy won all 3. I hate the Foles pick, I wish they had addressed a different position there.

Tom Penny

Only one pick I didn't like this draft which was the safety. I really want to see if McCourty can recover from last season, and I hope he becomes a solid corner.

They secondary is already better. They replaced the guy who came off the off the street with a few veterans and still have Ras-I coming back. DMC can't play worse..he was arguably the worse CB in the whole league. It's like he forget that you turn around and look for the ball as a DB LOL

Slo

Dang, two of my friends/lifting partners/co-workers just left the company and took jobs at nVidia and Microsoft respectively. Son of a bitch.

yankeeforever2 said:
Chances the Giants trade up for Massie?
None. Reese mentioned during his pressed after the Hosley pick that they want their picks and when they have traded up, it hasn't worked out for them.

Who should worry about that comment? Well the last two times the Giants have traded up was to take Sinorice Moss and........Ramses Barden. Ouch.

None. Reese mentioned during his pressed after the Hosley pick that they want their picks and when they have traded up, it hasn't worked out for them.

Who should worry about that comment? Well the last two times the Giants have traded up was to take Sinorice Moss and........Ramses Barden. Ouch.

WR's are always boom or bust picks though, a Tackle is a much safer bet, and is probably the only thing the Giants defiantly need from the draft today.

True, but the Cardinals do have 2.5X as many playoff wins as the 49ers over the last decade (5 vs. 2), which is all that is relevant.

Did 80's Joe Montana and Jerry Rice just rejoin the team?
Don't try and talk sense to him, it will just confuse him as he deals in delusional rants 95% of the time. The other 5% is dedicated to his bizarre sexual fetishes.

Cagey

Banned
1. considering our receivers beyond crabtree for most of the season were tedd ginn, kyle williams and brett swain i would call manningham, moss and jenkins a great upgrade

2. of course we aren't going to have a +32 turnover margin, and we don't need it in order to win games. we are going to get better on offense with a full offseason. remember, we had a rookie coaching staff with no offseason and we made the nfc championship

3. eat a bag of dicks

lol that is your insightful breakdown? "DEY CAN'T POSSIBLY SUSTAIN THEY GOOD PLAY! IT CAN'T HAPPEN! 9-7!" thumbs up there buddy you have me convinced!

That's what your took away from my post? Rofl. I tried.

Luck exists in the NFL, and I'm not talking about the new Colts QB. A marvelous stretch with no injuries on defense last season (to "key" guys or otherwise), recovering something like 65% of fumbles in games, historically low # of turnovers, +28 turnover margin, (this part's subjective) career years from previously bad players all mystically coinciding in the same season...

"SUSTAIN GOOD PLAY derp!". That's not "good play". That's miraculous play. In the NFL, a team that posts +10 in give/take is having a fantastic season. +28 is incredible... and highly unlikely to be duplicated. Don't take my word for it: these are historical trends, studied by people smarter than you or I. If you think +28 wasn't a gigantic reason the 49ers won 13 games, then the fuck am I doing responding in the first place?

The 49ers can easily sustain its good play from last year, but if that good play includes regression on a lot of the above towards what's normally "good" in the NFL, well... don't be mad when you're in a dogfight for the division at 7-6 come early December, trying to figure out how a 13-3 team could fall so far.

For your sake, I hope you're starting Kaepernick sooner rather than later, because Alex Smith can't throw a god damn 10 yard out pattern with consistency, and we all saw how comically easily it was to defend him in the NFCC because of that.

Top Bottom