• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Doorman

How did all of you guys become fans of your team? Location? Certain Player on the team? Enjoy scatism? Follow Satanism?

Grown up in the 'burbs outside of Detroit all my life. So, those are the teams I'm able to watch. It's only odd for me because None of the rest of my immediate family really cared about sports, so I hardly ever watched the Lions until later in high school, and only started really getting into them and branching into other sports once I hit college and ESPN wound up on a lot in my dorm room.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
How did all of you guys become fans of your team? Location? Certain Player on the team? Enjoy scatism? Follow Satanism?

My pop warner team was the Packers. We wore identical uniforms and everything. I played receiver and basically started idolizing Sterling Sharpe. That's all it took for this little 4th grader. I've been a loyal fan ever since.

jakncoke

Banned
being a wr in pop warner was such a bs position, middle school as well. teams pass as much as army at those levels. hell my hs team does as well. poor kids.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
being a wr in pop warner was such a bs position, middle school as well. teams pass as much as army at those levels. hell my hs team does as well. poor kids.

So true. I wasn't put there for my athletic skill, that's for sure. I was blessed with a really nice pair of hands, I have excellent hand eye coordination and can catch everything thrown at me. It's that whole running and getting open thing I was never good at.

LJ11

Hightower is going to play OLB in NE.

Right. Going to be fun watching him have to shed blocks, he was kept so clean at Bama, didn't have to take on blocks and shed as much as other LBs. He'll be a rush backer, won't really cover, just go downhill.

Blondie

Neo Member
Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Now if you will just continue forward we have a complimentary Tim Tebow jersey and Florida Gators hat for you.

grMcq.jpg

If it makes you guys feel any better I usually rock a Brad Johnson Bucs Jersey on gamedays that I got off ebay a couple of years ago for $14 w/ FS! :jnc

Colasante

What's Pats-gaf's thoughts on Tavon Wilson? Worst Belichick selection of his tenure or proof of his unrivaled genius? I'm still a little bit in shock from it.

MechDX

My hype for the Avengers movie is reaching unhealthy levels......I keep watching recut versions of the trailers with the animated series theme song.

MechDX said:
My hype for the Avengers movie is reaching unhealthy levels
A buddy of mine in the UK who had zero interest in seeing it (and really disliked all of the connect the dots stuff Marvel inserted into its other movies) was dragged to it this past week and completely loved it. He's the type that rarely sees a big summer splash movie more than once but he's dying to see it again. Whedon apparently knocked it out of the park. My wife and I are both hoping the week flashes by so we can see it next weekend.

cuevas said:
Saw that cabin in the woods movie last week and it was dumb as shit
:jnc

If you're a Buffy or Angel fan - you'll love it. It's literally a Buffy/Angel episode on the big screen. Plenty of the same actors, Whedonesque dialogue all over and a ton of comedy to go along with the horror. I'm a fan of both shows so it hit all of the right notes with me. So much so I saw it twice. As the movie progressed I was waiting for the Power That Be reference of Wolfram and Hart to suddenly appear.....

Fox318

A buddy of mine in the UK who had zero interest in seeing it (and really disliked all of the connect the dots stuff Marvel inserted into its other movies) was dragged to it this past week and completely loved it. He's the type that rarely sees a big summer splash movie more than once but he's dying to see it again. Whedon apparently knocked it out of the park. My wife and I are both hoping the week flashes by so we can next weekend.

Does Whedon kill off a character in the first minute?

I can see him doing that.

Greg

Chris Hemsworth (Thor) was on Letterman the other night, and I expected him to sound like Gronk, but he seemed to be an intelligent guy.

Holy shit. I'm watching the Celtics-Hawks game and saw that crying mom and daughter ad you guys were talking about.

I saw it once and I'm full of rage/annoyance. I can't imagine seeing it multiple times.

MechDX

Holy shit. I'm watching the Celtics-Hawks game and saw that crying mom and daughter ad you guys were talking about.

I saw it once and I'm full of rage/annoyance. I can't imagine seeing it multiple times.

Dont watch NFLN then. Shit is on as much as the Falcons bus commercial a couple years ago.

Top Bottom