• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Holy shit. I'm watching the Celtics-Hawks game and saw that crying mom and daughter ad you guys were talking about.

I saw it once and I'm full of rage/annoyance. I can't imagine seeing it multiple times.
Holy shit. I'm watching the Celtics-Hawks game and that Rajon Rondo fella sure is a dumb ass.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
ben-roethlisberger-gets-slappe-o.gif

How did all of you guys become fans of your team? Location? Certain Player on the team? Enjoy scatism? Follow Satanism?

I was born in San Jose, so been a fan of bay area teams all my life: 9ers, SF Giants, Golden State Warriors (who are the worst franchise in sports IMO), San Jose Sharks, etc.

You are born into being a Brown's fan. I think my grandfather broke like....all 10 commandments and I am now living out his punishment, to be honest.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You are born into being a Brown's fan. I think my grandfather broke like....all 10 commandments and I am now living out his punishment, to be honest.

Or your grandfather bandwagoned onto the Browns when they were good way back when.

Take note Pats fans! This is the future of your heathen offspring!

Now that the Packers clearly had the best draft and that's all done, I'm ready to see the competition on defense this year with all these new players. Training camp is going to be interesting

BigAT

...and the war is back on. Osi hits back at Reese for making him look like a "greedy pig". So much for that quiet offseason, huh Osi?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-reese-gm-making-greedy-pig-article-1.1069584

Doubt he gets traded. He'll play out the final year and move on.

"I'm a one-dimensional, injury-prone player on the wrong side of 30 who has done nothing but complain about my contract the last three years. I'm the third best DE on my own team. $10M/year PLZ."

bigosc2k

Banned
How did all of you guys become fans of your team? Location? Certain Player on the team? Enjoy scatism? Follow Satanism?

I was born in San Francisco, well when my bro and I were little instead of getting fairy tale bed time stories, my dad would tell us stories of Joe Montana's greatness and mainly The Catch, he got us hook to being niners fans. Also the way we became SF Giants fans my dad's boss was season ticket holder for the Giants when they were playing at the stick and the games he could never attend he would give my dad the tickets to the game. I could give a rat ass about the Warriors (the front office is fucking garbage and so damn jaded from all the losing seasons) or the Sharks (never really gave a flying fuck about hockey but I love to troll the fuck out of my coworkers who are all fucking bandwagoners). Then there are the Guadalajara Chivas the mexican soccer team I cheer for, basically my mom's old village was a 30 minute drive from Guadalajara and everybody from my mom's and dad's side cheer for the Chivas because it's one of the few teams that only have Mexican only players on it, yes I know very racist.

Fox318

"I'm a one-dimensional, injury-prone player on the wrong side of 30 who has done nothing but complain about my contract the last three years. I'm the third best DE on my own team. $10M/year PLZ."

Dude is a turnover machine and is a rare talent in this league.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Now that the Packers clearly had the best draft and that's all done, I'm ready to see the competition on defense this year with all these new players. Training camp is going to be interesting

I'm praying we didn't just draft a bunch of Mike Neals and Justin Harrells.

(Or that Nick Perry isn't more BJ Raji or AJ Hawk than Clay Matthews)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jeff Dugan ran a ref over during a Percy Harvin TD return during the 09 season. It was funny because it wasn't far removed from a bullshit tripping penalty against him that cost the team a touchdown.

You can see it if you look the return up on YouTube.

I'm praying we didn't just draft a bunch of Mike Neals and Justin Harrells.

(Or that Nick Perry isn't more BJ Raji or AJ Hawk than Clay Matthews)
First 3 picks I think will be very solid contributors.
I think Manning gets moved to Safety.

Regardless, I'm excited!

cajunator

Banned

I was born in San Jose, so been a fan of bay area teams all my life: 9ers, SF Giants, Golden State Warriors (who are the worst franchise in sports IMO), San Jose Sharks, etc.

Born in Baton Rouge area and initally took an interest in LSU for that reason, then after I moved to Lafayette and got more into football that spread to the Saints. Ive always been a fan of the Saints, but for many years I was just a fan of the name and because I was born in Louisiana. It wasnt until much later that I actively followed the team and what they were doing, and then started researching everything about the NFL. Actually it was right around when Katrina hit and started putting the team in the news a lot.

First 3 picks I think will be very solid contributors.
I think Manning gets moved to Safety.

Regardless, I'm excited!

Yeah, and I was so excited for Mike Neal too :( .

I like Nick Perry though and I think he'll make an impact. Plus I need a new Nick to root for. One of the 6 new defensive players we got is bound to do something. We need all that we can get.

You're saying Manning the linebacker we picked up might be going to safety?

eznark

Banned
So apparently Ted McGinn is the one person who is down on this draft class (I'm leaning to his boat but I hate everything). In his write up he says that the defensive players "aren't sure things like Clay Matthews."

Forgive me if I am misremembering, but was there anyone on the planet who called Matthews a sure fire star? That is not at all how I remember it. He was a high motor guy who potentially lacked the polish to contribute. That's the scouting report I seem to recall.

Clay had hype but it was definitely not a "sure thing" considering they were going to the 3-4 and still had Kampman, etc.

I did see a rumor about them going back to the 4-3 because of who they drafted too. That'd be weird but it makes sense given the personnel.

eznark

Banned
Where did you hear that? I can't think of anything dumber.

Perry and Matthews as defensive ends would be hilarious to see though.

brentech

Clay had hype but it was definitely not a "sure thing" considering they were going to the 3-4 and still had Kampman, etc.

I did see a rumor about them going back to the 4-3 because of who they drafted too. That'd be weird but it makes sense given the personnel.

I read that they're not likely to spend much time in in the base 3-4, for the same reason as last year....pass heavy league.

The new guys aren't optimal for 3-4 or 2-4-5, but Dom was saying they'd have to figure out how to use his new help since they're not prototypical for the current schemes. They'll have to see if they can fit in, but likely have to make some changes. I don't think that means a 4-3 though, because that's even worse than a 3-4 in terms of pass coverage.

Doesn't even matter what our base is anyway since we're in a Nickel all the time which is a four man front with similar responsibilities. Even though McCarthy said he wanted to go back to base more this year, it does seem like we picked people who would excel more in our Nickel package.

I definitely don't think Matthews was considered a sure thing but there was a lot of praise for Thompson as soon as the pick was made. It's hard to tell this early but I don't think any of the guys we picked up are necessarily going to be a star like Matthews, I think there's not a lot of high bust potential. I think good majority of them will make some kind of impact this year.

eznark

Banned
^ There is a ton of pressure on Kevin Greene with this class. He better give these fuckers a motor.

The reason we were in so much base 3-4 last year is because we were thin at DB...which we still are. However, Capers has had a year to figure out how this defense can play without Collins and now has some pieces that can potentially help in that regard. I think we'll see a lot of interesting formations from the Packers including Matthews and Perry in a 4-point, but in those sets we'll have additional db's on the field because it'll be in passing situations.

Striker

It's hilarious to me. Osi and his agent have zero leverage. I'm sure Kiwi is thanking Osi right now, too.

brentech

I think we'll see a lot of interesting formations from the Packers including Matthews and Perry in a 4-point, but in those sets we'll have additional db's on the field because it'll be in passing situations.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what looks we have. Hopefully I don't cringe.

Top Bottom