• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

tc farks

Fat jokes and all, Jeffery was the most likeable pick for me in the Bears draft. Excited to see him and Brandon Marshall out wide.

Matt Waldman has a four part series on VT's (and now NY Giant) David Wilson. It's an excellent read that goes through scouting Wilson based on some game tape. Two games specifically are mentioned. It's a four part series and its a time investment to read/watch but Giants fans will enjoy reading it. As will football fans in general (despite some spelling/grammar errors):

Part 1: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/01/30/rb-david-wilsons-vision-part-i-raw-skill-in-action/

Part 2: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/01/30/rb-david-wilsons-vision-part-ii-the-lowlights/

Part 3: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/01/31/rb-david-wilsons-vision-part-iii-flashes-of-refined-play/

Part 4: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/02/01/david-wilsons-vision-part-iv-exploring-the-gray-area/

Buckethead said:
Just watched that Eli video.

Wow.
First time I'll be tuning into SNL in long time.

eznark

Banned
Since Raji can't make a tackle, I would be cool with this.

Raji is all about the pick 6 boooooooooooooy!

PackersRajiTDBears.jpg

Just saw that you caved in and bought the game, SNES. Glad you'll be able to finish now. Put me in the game somewhere, it's an RPG so there should be room for everyone!

eznark

Banned
If i a terrible idea if you can afford the console up front, but for people that want a 360 but cant drop $300+ up front I can see why this would appel to them.

If you can't afford $300 you shouldn't be spending $459 over two years. I mean, more power to Microsoft for squeezing money from the stupid poor but if you buy this you are an idiot.

Talon

It's a Roku/AppleTV competitor.

When Bill Gates was talking about a "Direct X Box" in the living room, this set top box combo is more of what he envisioned. Gold is a content subscription here.

It's certainly interesting. The XBox has changed dramatically since launch. It was just a game console then, but it's a relatively robust streaming device now.

bionic77

Depending on the level of complexity the new consoles offer, they'll need time to adapt and make the necessary switch over regardless. That having been said, if a next-gen Madden game comes out lacking real time physics based gameplay than fucking :jnc at it cause I won't spend a dime on it.

More to the point though on the leads comments - what's he supposed to say? He's towing the company line. We all value honesty but I doubt saying "Yeah, physics like that would be fantastic but fuck man, we only have a year and EA isn't willing to give us the time to implement it properly!" is going to make your employer happy.
I have zero faith in EA. unless we have competition to innovate for EA to steal from and implement in their games I don't anticipate any new changes.

If you want a real good sports game play FIFA on 360 or PS3. Perfect example, they stole a lot from Winning Eleven and might have improved on it with better presentation and rosters.

Also, sucks I missed out on the fat jokes. :(

eznark

Banned
Goodell to banhammer some Saints today, supposedly. We've heard that before.

I bought a few Roku's for $79 each. Shockingly I didn't need a two year contract.

bionic77

When Bill Gates was talking about a "Direct X Box" in the living room, this set top box combo is more of what he envisioned. Gold is a content subscription here.

It's certainly interesting. The XBox has changed dramatically since launch. It was just a game console then, but it's a relatively robust streaming device now.
I don't see it as a competitor. Doesn't work as well as Roku for streaming and is much more expensive.

It is a games console that gives gamers more features so we play less games.

bionic77

Goodell to banhammer some Saints today, supposedly. We've heard that before.

I bought a few Roku's for $79 each. Shockingly I didn't need a two year contract.
I don't like it when we agree on something.

Makes me feel dirty, like how I imagine Pats fans feel after a win.

eznark

Banned
I don't see it as a competitor. Doesn't work as well as Roku for streaming and is much more expensive.

It is a games console that gives gamers more features so we play less games.

What this really does is give Microsoft a steady, dependable revenue stream while they launch a new console and it conditions people to the idea of "subsidized" home hardware.

XBox 720 to be $900 off contract, but if you sign up for the 4 year deal it's only $250 plus $25 a month! What a bargain!

Talon

Does the Roku/Apple TV play 360 games, much less live? Or do they have cable On Demand services built-in?

If I were recommending a set top box, I'd obviously recommend a Roku (or AppleTV, depending on the person). We use a Roku at our place.

But it's a savvy move. I think sooner or later, we're going to have cable/dish partnerships with settop makers. Think Tivo/DirectTV but with Sony, Microsoft, maybe Roku, etc.

I'm not for it or against it. I see some pitfalls down the road if this winds up being the exclusive channel, but it doesn't make intuitive sense for Microsoft or Sony to do that. Microsoft isn't loving dealing with the carriers right now in the phone space, after all.

It's a clever way to extend the lifecycle of a product that takes advantage of less savvy consumers.

Anyways, overall, we've survived with terrible interfaces (god damn Motorola Comcast boxes!) for years. I'm excited to see rapid innovation in that space. Think of where we were with cellphones in 2007? Just 5 years later, and we take smartphones for granted. I just want a responsive DVR, damnit!

Nightz

Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

NFL announces Vilma suspended for the season; Hargrove 8 games, Will Smith 4 games and Fujita 3 games

bionic77

What this really does is give Microsoft a steady, dependable revenue stream while they launch a new console and it conditions people to the idea of "subsidized" home hardware.

XBox 720 to be $900 off contract, but if you sign up for the 4 year deal it's only $250 plus $25 a month! What a bargain!
Xbox consumers are pretty stupid so I could totally see this happening and being a huge hit. Don't forget that there will be the ad free console that is only $50 a month with free Live!

eznark

Banned
Time to cut Hargrove, Ted. He is unnecessary now, anyway.

Vilma apparently acted as the federal government and provided matching funds for all bounties! :jnc, what a fucking idiot.

SonnyBoy

I just have a hard time with the NFL riding it's high horse. They do so many crooked and backhanded things that I can't take them seriously.

Top Bottom