• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

Wii U to cost $599 and be bigger than my PC's case, modern enough for you?

How about 2 sku system with one higher priced and one budget priced? With Nintendo not making a profit off of the original sku of the system. That would at least force them to be seriously committed to both 1st and 3rd party development. I should be able to purchase a Wii U and not feel like I'm receiving an inferior product when compared to the other 2 big consoles. Though I have a feel the hardware and specs will be targets towards a more mainstream focus with Nintendo making a significant profit on the hardware. Dev teams won't want to develop on the system because the target market of the average Nintendo game will be either Mario games or more casual Wii Fit /Just dance games. I don't need 16 gbs of system ram and a 4 gig gpu but I do need to see a commitment aside from a resistive touch pad which makes no sense other than to cut down on costs.

Fox318

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8Mf3IL4zA

Ellis Coleman making his first Olympics appearance. Woke up to a USA qualifying match with this kid awhile ago. Says he thought it up in high-school and practiced on his brother. Gonna be watching Olympic wrestling just for this guy. What a crazy move.

I still think he got lucky with that takedown. The other guy should have had his upper body ready for an attack.

Just like you rarly see higher level wrestlers get takedowns with headlocks. You can simply lower you hips and your the one in control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8Mf3IL4zA

Ellis Coleman making his first Olympics appearance. Woke up to a USA qualifying match with this kid awhile ago. Says he thought it up in high-school and practiced on his brother. Gonna be watching Olympic wrestling just for this guy. What a crazy move.

Grecoroman wrestling is so great man. Look forward to it every time the Olympics roll around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=9MI7KuGb48E

Greatest match of all time. Rulon Gardner is like the 1980 Olympic hockey team taking down the dirty and unbeatable Russians, but without all the cold war implications

LEAVE DEM SHOES ON THE MAT

snesfreak

Banned
How about 2 sku system with one higher priced and one budget priced? With Nintendo not making a profit off of the original sku of the system. That would at least force them to be seriously committed to both 1st and 3rd party development. I should be able to purchase a Wii U and not feel like I'm receiving an inferior product when compared to the other 2 big consoles. Though I have a feel the hardware and specs will be targets towards a more mainstream focus with Nintendo making a significant profit on the hardware. Dev teams won't want to develop on the system because the target market of the average Nintendo game will be either Mario games or more casual Wii Fit /Just dance games. I don't need 16 gbs of system ram and a 4 gig gpu but I do need to see a commitment aside from a resistive touch pad which makes no sense other than to cut down on costs.
I dunno about the 2 sku thing.
As for the specs, we know it's more powerful than the current systems.
That's not up for debate, the whole "weaker than current gen" thing was I believe due mostly to unoptimized middleware.
Will it be weaker than the 720/PS4?
Probably.
Will it be another Wii situation?
Unlikely.
I don't know if Nintendo would be making a "significant profit", but they're not gonna sell it for a huge loss like Sony did either.
Oh and the thing about why 3rd parties wouldn't develop for it, yeah cut that out.

nintendo's first order of business should be providing a unified online system with a username/friends list/etc.

until they do that i don't think i want to own another nintendo system

eznark

Banned
nintendo's first order of business should be providing a unified online system with a username/friends list/etc.

Nintendo's first order of business should be to release all those fucking Japan only picross games in America.

snesfreak

Banned

Well, it's gonna have user accounts.
Don't know about the rest, but it's likely.
Also, retail DD day one.

You mean with the Wii?
Or 3DS?

talking about both really. i understand it is ahead of PS2 from the standpoint of having an online store but i just don't like that every game kind of has its own self-contained online mode. there needs to be an "always on" online account for the new system so you can easily find friends online and invite them to other games.

nintendo with a new online system and throwing out a fully featured smash bros online.... my balls are tingling just thinking about it!

snesfreak

Banned
talking about both really. i understand it is ahead of PS2 from the standpoint of having an online store but i just don't like that every game kind of has its own self-contained online mode. there needs to be an "always on" online account for the new system so you can easily find friends online and invite them to other games.

nintendo with a new online system and throwing out a fully featured smash bros online.... my balls are tingling just thinking about it!

Well "Nintendo Network" is supposed to be a lot more like XBL, so we'll see.
Hopefully they talk about it at E3.

ZZMitch

Best thing to happen to the Olympics in ages

carusofuckyou2rr.gif

Drakeon

Tannehil has to be the starter, right? You don't pick a guy 8th and not expect him to start. Will he be Gabbert levels of horrible? Is Fatty the best QB in Florida?

Matt Moore wasn't terrible, not sure starting Tannehil is a great idea. Then again, his college coach is the OC in Miami, so he should already know the system. I'd say Miami should watch those preseason games closely and split the time between Moore/Tannehil. Then there's Garrard to consider too. But yea, Tannehil will likely be the starter by years end, just not sure it starts that way.

Wrayfield

Matt Moore wasn't terrible, not sure starting Tannehil is a great idea. Then again, his college coach is the OC in Miami, so he should already know the system. I'd say Miami should watch those preseason games closely and split the time between Moore/Tannehil. Then there's Garrard to consider too. But yea, Tannehil will likely be the starter by years end, just not sure it starts that way.

It will have similarities, sure, but Moore will start. Hope Philbin will add some wrinkles to it. Also, expect a run-heavy O at the beginning of the season with Reggie and that CFL back. Hope the D can hold up.

snesfreak

Banned
Dammit, I can't find a good picture of a Vikings fan.
It needs to be a full body shot, oh and I can't draw for shit so that won't work.

Can one of you Vikings fans take a picture of yourself with a paper bag over your head?
I know all of you have worn one before :jnc.

Milchjon

Why not just use Vikings-Favre? He'll take forever to decide whether to attack or retreat, will almost kill you only to crumble at the end, taken down by one of his own attacks, and randomly slap you in the face with his dick.

Edit: Didn't even realize that another German player was drafted. And of all places, he's going to the Giants :/

I dunno about the 2 sku thing.
As for the specs, we know it's more powerful than the current systems.
That's not up for debate, the whole "weaker than current gen" thing was I believe due mostly to unoptimized middleware.
Will it be weaker than the 720/PS4?
Probably.
Will it be another Wii situation?
Unlikely.
I don't know if Nintendo would be making a "significant profit", but they're not gonna sell it for a huge loss like Sony did either.
Oh and the thing about why 3rd parties wouldn't develop for it, yeah cut that out.

Didnt 2 different devs that have worked with WiiU come out and say that it is actually only on par with current gen systems? And Nintnedo replied by saying they dont focus on specs. I am setting my expecttions really low with the WiiU and hoping to be surprised.

eznark

Banned
I will buy it for Pikmin alone. Don't care about achievements or trophies. Deleted other bitchy comments about past N systems.

We still haven't seen anything about Pikmin, right? Didn't Miyamoto essentially announce it like the first E3 after the Wii came out?

I don't believe it exists.

Striker

One of the first times I'll watch SNL in years. It looks like his segments are going to be similar to Peyton's.

Also,

Jaguars | Long Ding to try out
Tue, 01 May 2012 13:16:21 -0700

The Jacksonville Jaguars will try out Chinese PK Long Ding over the weekend at their rookie minicamp.

Wrayfield

We still haven't seen anything about Pikmin, right? Didn't Miyamoto essentially announce it like the first E3 after the Wii came out?

I'm not really following game "news", so yeah, could be nothing has been shown yet. They are always so secretive even after announced stuff. I am confident it will come out for the Wii U though. Maybe not part of the release line-up. I have a soft spot for this little franchise and perhaps a bit naive.

They confirmed it would be at this year's E3.

My hope is that Retro will show whatever they're working on too. Hopefully another Metroid.

They confirmed it would be at this year's E3.

My hope is that Retro will show whatever they're working on too. Hopefully another Metroid.

No way does Team Ninja do another Metroid so I would think it goes back to Retro. Wasnt there some rumor about a different team at Nintendo doing a Zelda game, I would love to see Retro take a stab at it.

Wrayfield

No way does Team Ninja do another Metroid so I would think it goes back to Retro. Wasnt there some rumor about a different team at Nintendo doing a Zelda game, I would love to see Retro take a stab at it.

I don't think Zelda will ever go to a non-JP dev...

Edit: But I get what you mean, it would kinda interesting what they'd do with it.

I don't think Zelda will ever go to a non-JP dev...

Edit: But I get what you mean, it would kinda interesting what they'd do with it.

Nintendo would give it to Retro. They'd just oversee the fuck out of it though, and I'd be fine with that.

Not holding my breath that they've done that here though.

Did you guys see the fan art that combined Zelda and Fallout. I wish Nintendo would do something crazy like that with a Zelda game at some point. Just 1 time switch it up and do something totally different.

Did you guys see the fan art that combined Zelda and Fallout. I wish Nintendo would do something crazy like that with a Zelda game at some point. Just 1 time switch it up and do something totally different.

Fallout was the first game that made me wanna blow my brains out in the game just to end the pointlessness. Keep that shit away from Zelda.

eznark

Banned
^ You better not be talking about Fallout and Fallout 2

Nintendo should buy Vigil and make them do the next Zelda.

Also, I'm listening to the Giant Bomb blops 2 podcast. I cannot believe I am saying this, but I'm actually excited for a CoD game. Without shitty ass IW there bogging them down it seems like Treyarch can make the game they want.

Fallout was the first game that made me wanna blow my brains out in the game just to end the pointlessness. Keep that shit away from Zelda.

It was just the art style, not the gameplay.

Also, I'm listening to the Giant Bomb blops 2 podcast. I cannot believe I am saying this, but I'm actually excited for a CoD game. Without shitty ass IW there bogging them down it seems like Treyarch can make the game they want.
I am not a CoD fan at all, I even skipped MoW3 totally, but BloPs 2 looks amazing. I love the premise they have for the game.

Definitely sounds like some much needed changes are in the works.

Top Bottom