• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
I am not a CoD fan at all, I even skipped MoW3 totally, but BloPs 2 looks amazing. I love the premise they have for the game.

The first black ops was easily the best game since IW somehow lucked out and made a great game with CoD4. It was a hokey story, but at least they were going to something interested and had the guts to put some down time in the game. My understanding is that MW2/3 is nothing but Michael Bay on crack with less story.

Is it going to be on Vita?

I highly doubt it. Most of the games that are coming out this year for vita are already announced. I know activision said there would be a CoD game on vita this year but they didnt mention BloPs 2 specifically so my guess is it will be like how the Wii got MW Reflex while the other consoles got regular MW.

eznark

Banned
I highly doubt it. Most of the games that are coming out this year for vita are already announced. I know activision said there would be a CoD game on vita this year but they didnt mention BloPs 2 specifically so my guess is it will be like how the Wii got MW Reflex while the other consoles got regular MW.

That can't possibly be true, can it? I assume this E3 would be the year of the Vita for Sony, with all kinds of announcements for the fall. Why the hell did they release this system if they didn't have any games ready?

Anyone want to buy a Vita?

^ You better not be talking about Fallout and Fallout 2

fallout 3. After picking up my 12th lawnmower engine and sleeping on top of a nuked out cul de sac with nobody but zombies around for the 10th time I said "fuck this game". If I lived in that era I would have put a gun in my mouth years ago.

It was just the art style, not the gameplay.
the art style wasn't that great either. People just can't leave the whimsy of Zelda alone. Pretty much every other medieval style game nowadays is trying to be hyper realistic, leave them to it and leave Zelda alone.

Definitely sounds like some much needed changes are in the works.
trailer for Blops 2 looked really fun and future techy.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I definitely think Skyward Sword was the correct direction in terms of art style. If anything I'd like to see them go further that way.

I already have a PS3.
But the Vita plays shittier versions of your PS3 games! Don't you want that?

LevelNth

Banned
Matt Moore wasn't terrible, not sure starting Tannehil is a great idea. Then again, his college coach is the OC in Miami, so he should already know the system. I'd say Miami should watch those preseason games closely and split the time between Moore/Tannehil. Then there's Garrard to consider too. But yea, Tannehil will likely be the starter by years end, just not sure it starts that way.
I really liked Moore, and I think the Dolphins were dumb to not stick with him and instead force the issue with Tannehill.

But we play the AFC East this year so it still worked out for the best for us.

That can't possibly be true, can it? I assume this E3 would be the year of the Vita for Sony, with all kinds of announcements for the fall. Why the hell did they release this system if they didn't have any games ready?

Anyone want to buy a Vita?

Of course Sony will have some new games to announce, I just meant in terms of the big 3rd party stuff most of that should already be known. Like how Madden was known before the vita even came out. Maybe Sony is aing BloPs 2 for E3 though since it is such a big game but I doubt it.

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah, I am not terribly concerned about third party stuff. That will all be portable ports of console games and I am completely uninterested in those. Madden sounds like a borked ass crippled version by the way, which is a real kick in the nuts. I had high hopes that this would be an amazing sports machine.

I really liked Moore, and I think the Dolphins were dumb to not stick with him and instead force the issue with Tannehill.

But we play the AFC East this year so it still worked out for the best for us.

Did you not watch his first three years in Carolina? I've never seen anything from him that makes me think he can be successful as an NFL starter. Getting sacked on 10% of drop backs tells me he simply has no confidence in his reads. Especially when you watch some of those games and realize it isn't that he has no time. Now, maybe that's a receiver issue but he had the same problem (less pronounced but it got worse with time) in Carolina with Steve Smith.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
RT @AdamSchefter: Class story of day: Buccaneers announced today that they signed former Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed in 2010.

Awesome

EA really is the worst company, it sucks what they are doing with Madden in general and the vita specifically. The Show sold really well on Vita to a small as fuck user base. If the vita version of Madden matched the features of the console version it would have sold great. Devs dont want to spend money cause it isnt selling well, but then people wont buy it cause it gets shitty ports. Sony needs to find a MH for this thing quick.

Edit: Fuck that is so cool that the Bucs did that. Bravo to them.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
EA really is the worst company, it sucks what they are doing with Madden in general and the vita specifically. The Show sold really well on Vita to a small as fuck user base. If the vita version of Madden matched the features of the console version it would have sold great. Devs dont want to spend money cause it isnt selling well, but then people wont buy it cause it gets shitty ports. Sony needs to find a MH for this thing quick.

It's almost like EA uses the exclusivity clause to make mediocre games.

No one saw that one coming!

SonnyBoy

EA really is the worst company, it sucks what they are doing with Madden in general

Goodness, don't get me riled up! LOL

I saw on Operation Sports that there is a chance there some level of physics will be in this game? They dissected some video, and in it, you can see a collision that isn't typical of Madden... I won't hold my breath.

eznark

Banned
First Madden on the new consoles will be worse than the Vita version.

Pretty sure it'll be based on last year's engine as well.

Was there a PSP Madden for it to be based on? That's what they did with The Show and while it's ugly, they at least made it fully featured.

First Madden on the new consoles will be worse than the Vita version.

Was there a PSP Madden for it to be based on? That's what they did with The Show and while it's ugly, they at least made it fully featured.

I actually bought last years madden on PSP, holy shit it was so broken. Even if you turned the difficulty up you would still crush the CPU. It was super stripped down and just played and looked horrible. I bet the Madden PSP team was 1 guy in a basement with some computer from 1980.

eznark

Banned
hahahahaha, Kevin Seifert thinks Broyles makes the Lions wide outs a better group than Green Bay's.

I agree. If Stafford doesn't have a significantly better season than Rodgers next year he sucks donkey balls.

yankee, I didn't even know they put Madden games out on the PSP and I bought like every game ever on that system!

LOL, and a removal of all "features".
The wonders of the annual development cycle. In the case of a next-gen Madden, they'll get maybe an extra year for engine development since they'll need to scrap the current generation engine. By the time the engine has been developed, they have limited time to implement "features" so you get a bare bones release and have to wait at least 2 iterations before you get a competent football game with decent features.

LevelNth

Banned
Did you not watch his first three years in Carolina? I've never seen anything from him that makes me think he can be successful as an NFL starter. Getting sacked on 10% of drop backs tells me he simply has no confidence in his reads. Especially when you watch some of those games and realize it isn't that he has no time. Now, maybe that's a receiver issue but he had the same problem (less pronounced but it got worse with time) in Carolina with Steve Smith.
He was successful as an NFL starter last year. Is he incredible and am I going to argue he's franchise caliber? No of course not, but there comes a time when it's a smarter decision to go with what you have if it's solid, then force the issue elsewhere at the expense of the rest of the field. I know, I'm a Niners fan.

I mean look at his stats/games last year, he had multiple solid, if not bordering great performances.

Moore is not the answer, but I'm pretty much just as confident of him being successful in the near term as Tannehill. The way I see it, the Dolphins have a ceiling this year regardless, and IMO, drafting Floyd first round would've been a more beneficial move for them.

LevelNth

Banned
hahahahaha, Kevin Seifert thinks Broyles makes the Lions wide outs a better group than Green Bay's.
If Broyles and Young are good to great, then it is a better group. But it's so early to call them, and it's such an irrelevant argument because it rides mostly on the back of Caljo. He's just that good.

Hell, he alone is probably better than the entire Niners wideout core.

eznark

Banned
Moore put up strikingly similar numbers to Alex Smith. In today's NFL, I don't believe you will be able to stay consistently in contention with a guy who throws for 200 or fewer yards a game. It's just not possible to keep up, especially in that division. San Francisco can afford to play it safe at quarterback because they only need to win 7 games to win that division and make the playoffs, and once you're in anything can happen. Miami needs to be aggressive and take chances if they want to compete. They absolutely cannot afford a safe, middle of the road average quarterback.

If Broyles and Young are good to great, then it is a better group.
I think more people should agree with this. Rodgers is a god who makes mediocre receivers great. I mean hell, a guy who will start on the PUP makes the Lions a better group than Green Bay so they must really suck.

The wonders of the annual development cycle. In the case of a next-gen Madden, they'll get maybe an extra year for engine development since they'll need to scrap the current generation engine. By the time the engine has been developed, they have limited time to implement "features" so you get a bare bones release and have to wait at least 2 iterations before you get a competent football game with decent features.

If EA wont go to 2 teams then they need to get the console manufacturers to go with a 10 year console cycle. By year 8 they could have a Madden that looks good and has most of the features of other sports games.

SonnyBoy

they'll get maybe an extra year for engine development

They've bareley changed it from the previous generation lol. I remember the previous Madden lead talking about how BackBreaker's physics system wouldn't work in Madden because of the weird after tackle effects. You know, sometimes a player would bend a weird way or something... He said it'd detract from the realism that Madden strives for... LMFAO I wish they'd let real fans attend these events.

LevelNth

Banned
Moore put up strikingly similar numbers to Alex Smith. In today's NFL, I don't believe you will be able to stay consistently in contention with a guy who throws for 200 or fewer yards a game. It's just not possible to keep up, especially in that division. San Francisco can afford to play it safe at quarterback because they only need to win 7 games to win that division and make the playoffs, and once you're in anything can happen. Miami needs to be aggressive and take chances if they want to compete. They absolutely cannot afford a safe, middle of the road average quarterback.

I think more people should agree with this. Rodgers is a god who makes mediocre receivers great. I mean hell, a guy who will start on the PUP makes the Lions a better group than Green Bay so they must really suck.
Well, I disagree with the above, because I think the Dolphins have the best defense in their division, and a horribly understaffed and under-talented offense. Moore wasn't the weakest link IMO, and with a better QB class next year, drafting Tannehill was a mistake.

The rest is just you being you and pretty much whining, so I'll leave it at that.

They've bareley changed it from the previous generation lol. I remember the previous Madden lead talking about how BackBreaker's physics system wouldn't work in Madden because of the weird after tackle effects.
Depending on the level of complexity the new consoles offer, they'll need time to adapt and make the necessary switch over regardless. That having been said, if a next-gen Madden game comes out lacking real time physics based gameplay than fucking :jnc at it cause I won't spend a dime on it.

More to the point though on the leads comments - what's he supposed to say? He's towing the company line. We all value honesty but I doubt saying "Yeah, physics like that would be fantastic but fuck man, we only have a year and EA isn't willing to give us the time to implement it properly!" is going to make your employer happy.

LevelNth

Banned
Depending on the level of complexity the new consoles offer, they'll need time to adapt and make the necessary switch over regardless. That having been said, if a next-gen Madden game comes out lacking real time physics based gameplay than fucking :jnc at it cause I won't spend a dime on it.
I'm a total sucker because I'm so jacked for football by the time Madden comes out I snag it regardless, always.

One super minor but mega important change I'd like to see this year: the removal of roster restrictions and adding full depth chart control in Franchise mode, and implementing a 53 man, 46 active roster and 9 player practice squad.

eznark

Banned
I'm a total sucker because I'm so jacked for football by the time Madden comes out I snag it regardless, always.

One super minor but mega important change I'd like to see this year: the removal of roster restrictions and adding full depth chart control in Franchise mode, and implementing a 53 man, 46 active roster and 9 player practice squad.

You should fight FMT for the 49ers in the GAF franchise. He is getting lazy and complacent.

SonnyBoy

I'm hoping that they've been preparing for next-gen in the background. It's a bit too late for this gen, especially if it's gonna get yanked because it isn't optimised for next-gen.

More to the point though on the leads comments - what's he supposed to say? He's towing the company line. We all value honesty but I doubt saying "Yeah, physics like that would be fantastic but fuck man, we only have a year and EA isn't willing to give us the time to implement it properly!" is going to make your employer happy.

Don't bring rational thought into this!

Wrayfield

Injuries are so rare in Franchise mode that it wouldn't really play a big role besides tweaking your reserves... A somewhat authentic manager system a la Football Manager would be nice.

LevelNth

Banned
Injuries are so rare in Franchise mode that it wouldn't really play a big role besides tweaking your reserves... A somewhat authentic manager system a la Football Manager would be nice.
You think? In Madden 12 when I turned up the injury setting I was able to replicate guys going down about 4-5 times a game, with at least one out and missing time after the game.

It varied pretty well too from smaller 1 to 2 week bits, to medium half season injuries and the occasional IR bomb.

I think the 53 man roster addition would be awesome.

Meier

<3 Football Manager. Join the winning team if you haven't played this game people! You don't even have to be a soccer fan to enjoy it.

Wrayfield

I played like 8 seasons with the Dolphins and maxed out the injury settings. On All-Pro, my starting QB went on IR only once in all those seasons, and he got smacked around a lot. That's Madden 10 though (skipped last year). Overall, I had maybe 3-4 IRs in 9 seasons for all players. Not nearly realistic enough to me. I think Ronnie went w/o injuries for 7 seasons, tell me how many RBs are not beat up by week 4? :)

I know they wont do it but man I want be an owner mode back. I want to raise the price of hotdogs for the team I put in New Hampshire. They could have made a whole game out of that mode, but instead they cut it.

Wrayfield

You think? In Madden 12 when I turned up the injury setting I was able to replicate guys going down about 4-5 times a game, with at least one out and missing time after the game.

It varied pretty well too from smaller 1 to 2 week bits, to medium half season injuries and the occasional IR bomb.

I think the 53 man roster addition would be awesome.

Shit, maybe I am doing something wrong then, or Ronnie had a hidden iron man stat in Madden 10 :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bears sign Alshon Jeffreys already. Quick signing and first draft pick to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/02/bears-make-quick-work-of-alshon-jeffreys-contract/

Heart_Attack_Grill_Retro_Logo.png

Needs spending money, STAT

Top Bottom