• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Slo

Well you see, you are in Michigan searching out the hideout of Lions GAF.
And another character suggests letting Buckhead lead you to them.

Some old dude in a house (not me) in Lansing tells you to go find more companions while he thinks of a way to get into Detroit without being noticed.

So then Buckethead heads out, finding eznark, FMT, and maybe me (trying to figure it out.)
I have to add some things to do in between all that, as well as making the map have mountains and lakes and shit.
So they get stronger and go into Detroit, finding the secret hideout of Lions GAF.
And that's when you show up again I guess.
We get to hear your theme song.
Some stuff happens.
And the game continues.

If we're in Michigan I demand a sidequest to Bell's Brewery in Kalamazoo. Retrieve a 6-pack of HopSlam double IPA for +12 charisma, and +4 speech.

Man if Brady didnt get hurt that year.....

Fucking Bernard Pollard

It's fucking mesmerizing how much Bernard Fucking Pollard screwed the Pats over the last couple of years.

The Pats were ready to march straight towards the SB once again in '08, with the easiest schedule in league history, Randy Moss still in FU-mode, Brady in his demi-god form and an actual defense.

'09 wasn't a great year to begin with, they lost a lot of road games and there was no way they would have made it to the SB, but still, having Welker play against the Ravens would have probably saved us some of the fuckinh humiliation.

He didn't injure anyone in '10, but I'm sure he helped the Jest in one way or another.

And then there is last year...I'm not saying they would have won the SB. The Giants played a good game (ugh) and our D still didn't know how to play football, but damnit a healthy Gronk styling on those New York fools sure would've helped our chances.

But like the great Bill always says, it is what it is.

Fox318

Our lips are just really, REALLY cold.

I'm liberal as hell but would the congress there even do anything with whatever money that they planned for on the stadium? Are they really going to expect economic growth in investing in towns of less than 150? I wouldn't mind is my state voted no but they would have to promise that they made up the lost revenue in jobs lost in some kind of other investment. They are talking about building roads and parks but where do they see money going into the state? I mean its a public stadium that is being mostly funded with private money.

eznark

Banned
I'm liberal as hell but would the congress there even do anything with whatever money that they planned for on the stadium? Are they really going to expect economic growth in investing in towns of less than 150? I wouldn't mind is my state voted no but they would have to promise that they made up the lost revenue in jobs lost in some kind of other investment. They are talking about building roads and parks but where do they see money going into the state? I mean its a public stadium that is being mostly funded with private money.

"I'm liberal as hell but God damn I love me some corporate welfare"

k

Fox318

k

I see an investment that would pan out for the state. If they are complaining of the morality of gambling they are stupid. Yes I know welfare can help boost the economy better than a tax cut but that doesn't build economic growth. Bars, restaurants, stores all depend on interest in the NFL. I mean the stadium does bring jobs and money in. I mean look at the nfl impact alone:"The study states that every city with an NFL franchise stands to lose about $160 million in revenue ($20 million per home game), $5 billion total, and an aggregate of 115,000 jobs. " Not to mention money that would be made off of other non -nfl events. Those numbers are just if the franchise decides not to play. What if it doesn't exist?

If this is an argument off of the funding then fine but base off what I'm hearing from the Minnesota house I see a bunch of politicians trying to prepare their national campaign.

I see an investment that would pan out for the state. If they are complaining of the morality of gambling they are stupid. Yes I know welfare can help boost the economy better than a tax cut but that doesn't build economic growth. Bars, restaurants, stores all depend on interest in the NFL. I mean the stadium does bring jobs and money in. I mean look at the nfl impact alone:"The study states that every city with an NFL franchise stands to lose about $160 million in revenue ($20 million per home game), $5 billion total, and an aggregate of 115,000 jobs. " Not to mention money that would be made off of other non -nfl events. Those numbers are just if the franchise decides not to play. What if it doesn't exist?

If this is an argument off of the funding then fine but base off what I'm hearing from the Minnesota house I see a bunch of politicians trying to prepare their national campaign.

How much public money did the Twins use for there stadium, should probably be a similar ratio for this stadium.

Fox318

How much public money did the Twins use for there stadium, should probably be a similar ratio for this stadium.

How much will Target Field cost?

In total, Target Field will cost about $517 million. This includes $22 million tacked on to original projected spending due to extra upgrades and inside amenities such as additional bathrooms, weather shelters and more expensive building materials. This brings the Twins' bill up to $167 million. The rest of the cost is being covered by a 0.15 percent Hennepin County sales tax.
http://www.minnpost.com/infodoc/2009/03/twins-target-field

They will pay more for Target field then what they are proposing for the Vikings. Why don't they try and tie the stadium with an Olympic bid and ad a tax on ticket sales to generate extra money for the state?

I see this no different then I would see an infrastructure project and there is nothing wrong with saying no to a bill like this but you better have a good usage of that money besides a tax cut for the wealthy. They need something to grow the economy.

It sounds like they just don't want to allow gambling in the state because of a sense of morality.

But my god everyone talks so fucking weird.

Slo

k

I've long since disassociated the way I vote on election day with the way my government actually runs. It's adorable if you think that your personal politics actually have some kind of influence on how much you pay in taxes and how the government behaves, but I don't see that anymore. Personally I think politicians are going to do whatever politicians are told to do, and I'm not talking about by voters.

The way I see it I'm getting fucked either way, the only question for me is if I actually get some value out of the money you're stealing from me every paycheck. I.E. do I have a football team or not?

http://www.minnpost.com/infodoc/2009/03/twins-target-field

They will pay more for Target field then what they are proposing for the Vikings. Why don't they try and tie the stadium with an Olympic bid and ad a tax on ticket sales to generate extra money for the state?

I see this no different then I would see an infrastructure project and there is nothing wrong with saying no to a bill like this but you better have a good usage of that money besides a tax cut for the wealthy. They need something to grow the economy.

It sounds like they just don't want to allow gambling in the state because of a sense of morality.

But my god everyone talks so fucking weird.

Want me to record a sample of me reciting Shakespeare? I have a solid Sota accent.

Fox318

I will say this if the bill doesn't get passed and the vikings don't move I fully believe in the conspiracy that Goodell keeps LA void of an NFL team just so he can use it as a threat to build new stadiums.

bluemax

Banned
Don't know if this was discussed in between taco jokes and snes' 12 year old revenge fantasies but the Seahawks are the first team to sign their first round draft pick. Bruce Irvin gets 4 years $9.34 million all of which is guaranteed. He also gets a $5 million bonus.

They also signed all but 2 of their other rookies. Feels nice not having to worry about hold outs.

snesfreak

Banned
Don't know if this was discussed in between taco jokes and snes' 12 year old revenge fantasies but the Seahawks are the first team to sign their first round draft pick. Bruce Irvin gets 4 years $9.34 million all of which is guaranteed. He also gets a $5 million bonus.

They also signed all but 2 of their other rookies. Feels nice not having to worry about hold outs.
wat

Fox318

Minnesota passed a bill which the Senate will pass and the Vikings will reject.

House looks good for passing it and keeps their voters happy knowing they passed a bill that won't be approved by the NFL.

:jnc

jakncoke

Banned

i chuckled a lil to hard at this

Minnesota passed a bill which the Senate will pass and the Vikings will reject.

House looks good for passing it and keeps their voters happy knowing they passed a bill that won't be approved by the NFL.

:jnc
I wonder if the Vikes will cave and go with it if it passes the Senate.

Fox318

I wonder if the Vikes will cave and go with it if it passes the Senate.

If the Vikes take agree then good on the Minnesota government (although they should just legalize fireworks to pay for portions of the stadium) and it really shows nobody wants to go to LA save for the Chargers/Raiders.

I think its only fair to put them in the league that Manchester United is in

Freeman is potentially the greatest goalie the world has ever seen. Can't get the ball past something that leaves no space.

And I guess the Rams are heading to the NFC North and the Vikings to the West? Guess it doesn't really matter to me

Yes it does. Pretty shitty situation going on.

Top Bottom