• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

squicken

Why put the Rams in the North when they may move soon? They are in a lease squabble and could leave after the 2014 season.

So funny the Texans are extending Smith's and Kubiak's contracts. One good season (b/c Peyton broke his neck) and they get to flounder about a few more years until Andrew Luck starts doing what Peyton used to do to them

snesfreak

Banned
Jahrhed-All-henn2.png

So, should I have Jared Allen actually be there?
Or just Vikings fans?

cajunator

Banned
I am so pissed off right now. After months and years of negotiating and coming up with a number, the Minnesota House just flipped the double bird followed by a crotch grab at the Vikings by raising their contribution 25+% at the last minutes. This is just a measured political move so when the Vikings leave town our pussy ass politicians can ride the fence and say "OH HEY WE TRIED TO GIVE DEM DERE VIKINGS A NEW STADIUM, YOU BETCHA, BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT OUR MONEY!"

Fuck the MN Gov't.

I really hope the vikings work something out. We almost lost the Saints to fucking SAN ANTONIO. I would have just quit football entirely.

squicken

San Antonio is a HUGE upgrade over New Orleans. Would have been great for the players. But as I've said previously, San Antonio already has a team. The Dallas Cowboys.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
San Antonio has to be at least as good of an option as LA at this point. Just move the Chargers to LA and get it over with.

eznark

Banned
4 am games are a networks wet dream? What planet do you live on squicken? You want to take 2 NE games and 2 NYJ games and completely remove them from television for the vast majority of America. Not only that, you think networks will love it? bahahahahahaha

squicken

I think you're the worst person ever.

I don't even get why you Bills fans get upset. It's not like Toronto is far away. Vikes moving to LA, Rams to LA or London. That removes any possible local connection. But Bills fans just have to drive a little further. Plus you become one of the leagues premier teams being in such a big market. Start getting that Mara/Kraft treatment from the league office and officials

edit: EZ obviously London games would kick off 1 PM EST time and 7 PM GMT

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't even get why you Bills fans get upset. It's not like Toronto is far away. Vikes moving to LA, Rams to LA or London. That removes any possible local connection. But Bills fans just have to drive a little further. Plus you become one of the leagues premier teams being in such a big market. Start getting that Mara/Kraft treatment from the league office and officials

edit: EZ obviously London games would kick off 1 PM EST time and 7 PM GMT

Because history. Also because if you take away our major sports teams, the city is SCREWED. Buffalo is basically the AFC East version of Detroit.

Wrayfield

Showing London games on US tv shouldn't be a not a problem, just another early game. I just don't see the NFL giving up a whole season of games from a symbolic stand point. The logistics behind it is also quite problematic. Maybe if you stretched the season more and had 2 byes or something. Above all, I am not sure there is enough interest for a full season in London (maybe other places), it's still a niche sport and Euro footie dominates everything, even NBA which has plenty of players from around here. Then there is the fact that most Europeans are not squicken, they won't jump ship to a London team just because there is a team that's closer to their homes.

Also, smh at a Rams fan (or whichever team squicken hopped to) making fun of the Dolphins. You suck ass even with a "franchise" QB, we won a division with Noodlearm Pennington.

Talk to me again when you stopped smoking whatever it is that you're smoking.

squicken

Showing London games on US tv shouldn't be a not a problem, just another early game. I just don't see the NFL giving up a whole season of games from a symbolic stand point. The logistics behind it is also quite problematic. Maybe if you stretched the season more and had 2 byes or something. Above all, I am not sure there is enough interest for a full season in London (maybe other places), it's still a niche sport and Euro footie dominates everything, even NBA which has plenty of players from around here. Then there is the fact that most Europeans are not squicken, they won't jump ship to a London team just because there is a team that's closer to their homes.

Also, smh at a Rams fan (or whichever team squicken hopped to) making fun of the Dolphins. You suck ass even with a "franchise" QB, we won a division with Noodlearm Pennington.

Talk to me again when you stopped smoking whatever it is that you're smoking.

Yeah they have to build it up more. But symbolic reasons? They'd love to go international with the sport. If they put a team there, it would basically have to have two HQs and play 4 consecutive road games and then 4 consecutive home games. Logistical nightmare, which is why Dan Rooney has always said it can't work unless they put two teams over there.

As far as the Rams, feel free to laugh. I'll help. They just finished of a 15-65 stretch. That's basically 3-13 every year, and when you factor in that Bradford's first year they went 7-9, it's actually much, much worse. There has never been a worse period of performance in the enitre history of the NFL. They've had a top 2 pick FOUR times. They literally cannot sink lower.

squicken

Terrell Owens is the guest on today’s episode of Dr. Phil, and it doesn’t sound like life is going well for the former NFL wide receiver.

Although Owens has made $80 million, he told Dr. Phil that he has squandered most of it, and Owens is joined on Dr. Phil’s couch by three women who have had children with Owens and say he hasn’t made his child-support payments. Owens says he can’t visit his kids, who live in different cities, because his travel schedule is too demanding.

After the taping of the show, Dr. Phil said that while Owens insists he’s a good guy who has been misunderstood, the mothers of his children don’t seem to see it that way.

“He wants to tell people he’s not the person the media has depicted him of being,” Dr. Phil said. “I’m not sure he made a lot of progress with these women.”

Owens says he’s not done in the NFL and is ready to play this season. He last played in 2010, when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns for the Bengals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...l-he-squandered-80-million-cant-see-his-kids/

Zeke

San Antonio has to be at least as good of an option as LA at this point. Just move the Chargers to LA and get it over with.
NFL don't like us ;( We built the Alamodome to get an NFL team great waste of money that fucking was since jax was awarded the expansion over us. I think finding investors in the city would tough right now plus shelling out the cash for a new stadium would be a hard sell.
San Antonio is a HUGE upgrade over New Orleans. Would have been great for the players. But as I've said previously, San Antonio already has a team. The Dallas Cowboys.
While true you're nuts if you think the city wouldn't welcome a team with open arms. We have been itching for an NFL team for years now. Jerry has already gone on record giving his blessing for a SA team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
NFL don't like us ;( We built the Alamodome to get an NFL team great waste of money that fucking was since jax was awarded the expansion over us. I think finding investors in the city would tough right now plus shelling out the cash for a new stadium would be a hard sell.

While true you're nuts if you think the city wouldn't welcome a team with open arms. We have been itching for an NFL team for years now. Jerry has already gone on record giving his blessing for a SA team.

I'm guessing Jerry gave his "blessing" after Jacksonville was awarded a team.

Zeke

big cities are usually fine I'm a brown man living in Texas and I do just fine also we aren't Florida or Arizona retarded so theres that

tc farks

Football Outsiders (if you don't go to this site you should) did an article on the Bears offensive line. His conclusion is the same as mine..

As bad as Chicago’s line played at the end of the season, there is some cause for optimism up front. Carimi will come back next year and could be a big upgrade at tackle, Louis can move inside where he belongs, and perhaps best of all, Mike Martz is gone. The Tsar of the five-man protection/seven-step drop combo has been replaced by the (presumably) protection-friendly Mike Tice. Plus, despite all the line’s troubles against Minnesota, they still won. If this team improves at all up front, they could be dangerous next year.

The only true weakness, as long as Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams are healthy, is LT. And as much as it sucks to have your weakest player at the most important position on the line, I think they will make it work. IIRC, when Tice and Cutler put the reigns on Martz last year, the Bears had a streak of 8 games last year where they only gave up 9 sacks. Then Cutler got hurt on a freak play and it all went to shit again. I have a lot more faith in Tice then I did with Martz.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2012/word-muth-scouting-bears

Top Bottom