• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

squicken

Denver fired Brian Xanders. It's weird b/c those McDaniels drafts actually turned out okay. Guess Elway is swinging his dick around

Denver fired Brian Xanders. It's weird b/c those McDaniels drafts actually turned out okay. Guess Elway is swinging his dick around

i wonder never hire someone with the last name Xanders. i'm assuming it's pronounced "Sanders" so why not just spell it that way? He deserved to be fired in that regard

Godslay

Banned
Just saw the news on Xanders. Can't say that I'm surprised really. He's made some odd decisions.

2009 draft didn't turn out so hot Squicken.

squicken

Just saw the news on Xanders. Can't say that I'm surprised really. He's made some odd decisions.

2009 draft didn't turn out so hot Squicken.

But I think overall he did okay. But as the Denver Post article mentions, he has never had final say. Shanny then McD and then Elway. So who knows what his role really was?

They aren't replacing him. Elway called it a "streamlining"

Godslay

Banned
But I think overall he did okay. But as the Denver Post article mentions, he has never had final say. Shanny then McD and then Elway. So who knows what his role really was?

They aren't replacing him. Elway called it a "streamlining"

It was hit or miss really, although I would say more miss then hit since he started. As far as his role, I'm not entirely sure how large of a part he played. There are rumors swirling about that someone dropped the ball during the draft, and Denver was caught off guard somehow. This might be part of that.

Either way, it looks like it will be Elway and Fox making decisions with a contract and cap guy coming in.

squicken

It was hit or miss really, although I would say more miss then hit since he started. As far as his role, I'm not entirely sure how large of a part he played. There are rumors swirling about that someone dropped the ball during the draft, and Denver was caught off guard somehow. This might be part of that.

Either way, it looks like it will be Elway and Fox making decisions with a contract and cap guy coming in.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20568607/broncos-fire-gm-brian-xanders-after-three-years

You guys hired an ex-agent to be your cap guy, and prmoted the director of college scouting to be in charge of all personnel. Elway said no one else is coming in. I'm curious about this being caught off guard thing. Do you have any links to anything on that?

DominoKid

Is it really so unreasonable to think that the NFC South will shake out like

1. Saints/Falcons
2. Saints/Falcons
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

Trying to settle an argument. The Panthers are the main sticking point. I say they will finish 3rd, one of my roommates says 4th, the other roommate (Panthers fan) says they will win the division. Said roommate has called us haters for saying they wont be that good.

1. Saints/Falcons
2. Saints/Falcons
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

Trying to settle an argument. The Panthers are the main sticking point. I say they will finish 3rd, one of my roommates says 4th, the other roommate (Panthers fan) says they will win the division. Said roommate has called us haters for saying they wont be that good.

The saints are going to regress for obvious reasons, they'll be lucky to be third.

1. Saints/Falcons
2. Saints/Falcons
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

1. Bucs
2. Panthers
3. Falcons
4. Saints

Snes will be crushed to see his Falcons suck so hard, but that's life.

Bowser

1. Saints/Falcons
2. Saints/Falcons
3. Panthers
4. Bucs

Really bro?

I thought we were friends...

Godslay

Banned
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20568607/broncos-fire-gm-brian-xanders-after-three-years

You guys hired an ex-agent to be your cap guy, and prmoted the director of college scouting to be in charge of all personnel. Elway said no one else is coming in. I'm curious about this being caught off guard thing. Do you have any links to anything on that?

They've talked about it on the radio (104.3 The Fan), and like I've said it's purely speculation.

The main idea was that Denver was locked on to Decastro. Missed that pick (and was caught off guard by Steelers taking him) and traded back in preparation for Doug Martin. Was fooled by Tampa and whiffed on Martin. While this was happening the Ravens flipped a better deal then Denver did on essentially the same move. Some say that this was Xanders making, while others say it was Elway. Elway did have the final say of course, but I think he was relying on Xanders to get things done. DMAC and Big Al (Alfred Williams of the SB teams), talked about this scenario quite a bit, and I trust Al in that he is still pretty well tied in the Broncos.

eznark

Banned
maybe erron can get some tips on how to win a home playoff game from alex

AGod has no one to impress. McCarthy ain't out dipping his dick into every Matt, Peyton and Tim that comes along. It's no wonder Alex performed at home, he was trying to win back his man and get out of that gimp box. Style points are for the insecure. When you have 13 World Championships that stuff don't matter.

RBH

1. Bucs
2. Panthers
3. Falcons
4. Saints

iAWsUt3MF8NYI.gif

bionic77

Bionic, wanna play some FIFA ?
Was driving and in depositions from 6am to 7pm. Once I came home I was taking care of twins until just now.

I feel about as worthless as one of those pre-Superbowl championships Packer and Brown fans like to talk about.

Next year Iets get WiiU Fifa and I will show you how to play the beautiful virtual game!

Slo

I am so pissed off right now. After months and years of negotiating and coming up with a number, the Minnesota House just flipped the double bird followed by a crotch grab at the Vikings by raising their contribution 25+% at the last minutes. This is just a measured political move so when the Vikings leave town our pussy ass politicians can ride the fence and say "OH HEY WE TRIED TO GIVE DEM DERE VIKINGS A NEW STADIUM, YOU BETCHA, BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT OUR MONEY!"

Fuck the MN Gov't.

AGod has no one to impress. McCarthy ain't out dipping his dick into every Matt, Peyton and Tim that comes along. It's no wonder Alex performed at home, he was trying to win back his man and get out of that gimp box. Style points are for the insecure. When you have 13 World Championships that stuff don't matter.

but alex's playoff win happened before harbs went after any other QB!

and lol @ 13 championships. no one gives a fuck if the packers won championships 80 years ago when every player was a 210 pound white guy. i also don't count the packers win vs. the steelers because the steelers are a complete joke of a franchise with a rapist at qb, a taliban at rb and a drunk driving wr. no pride in winning that!

squicken

They've talked about it on the radio (104.3 The Fan), and like I've said it's purely speculation.

The main idea was that Denver was locked on to Decastro. Missed that pick (and was caught off guard by Steelers taking him) and traded back in preparation for Doug Martin. Was fooled by Tampa and whiffed on Martin. While this was happening the Ravens flipped a better deal then Denver did on essentially the same move. Some say that this was Xanders making, while others say it was Elway. Elway did have the final say of course, but I think he was relying on Xanders to get things done. DMAC and Big Al (Alfred Williams of the SB teams), talked about this scenario quite a bit, and I trust Al in that he is still pretty well tied in the Broncos.

How could they have been surprised PITT took DeCastro? As far as Martin, I think lots of people were out-flanked by TB on that. Now not getting good value on a trade, that's bad, and would have been the GM's responsibility. Of course it's all cumlative, and maybe Elway just didn't like it anymore

But lets face it, your org turned it's back on all things good and just and noble. But a mere portent of things to come

bionic77

and lol @ 13 championships. no one gives a fuck if the packers won championships 80 years ago when every player was a 210 pound white guy. i also don't count the packers win vs. the steelers because the steelers are a complete joke of a franchise with a rapist at qb, a taliban at rb and a drunk driving wr. no pride in winning that!
I also don't count that win. The Packers were only outplaying us for 1.5 quarters till the steroids wore off and caused half of their defense to get hurt.

If the game was 5 quarters or the league was serious about testing for roids we would have won in a blowout!

squicken

I am so pissed off right now. After months and years of negotiating and coming up with a number, the Minnesota House just flipped the double bird followed by a crotch grab at the Vikings by raising their contribution 25+% at the last minutes. This is just a measured political move so when the Vikings leave town our pussy ass politicians can ride the fence and say "OH HEY WE TRIED TO GIVE DEM DERE VIKINGS A NEW STADIUM, YOU BETCHA, BUT THEY DIDN'T WANT OUR MONEY!"

Fuck the MN Gov't.

Sorry, bro. Having your team leave is a huge kick in the nuts. Politicians are going to steal and graft and do all sorts of other dumb crap, so I say you might as well at least get to keep your team

snesfreak

Banned
Tom played with hurt ribs a few years ago.He aint no wimp
tom-brady-crying.jpg

Fuck the MN Gov't.
That's some grade-a fucking bullshit man.
http://i.minus.com/iAWsUt3MF8NYI.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Oh you.

bionic77

Brady is a huge pussy and hasnt been tough since Vinatieri left and took his demon testicles with him.

Big Ben is clearly the toughest qb in the league and one of the smartest (see recent degree). This is not subject to debate.

Was driving and in depositions from 6am to 7pm. Once I came home I was taking care of twins until just now.

I feel about as worthless as one of those pre-Superbowl championships Packer and Brown fans like to talk about.

Next year Iets get WiiU Fifa and I will show you how to play the beautiful virtual game!

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Grover, you must play Fifa right ?

bionic77

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Grover, you must play Fifa right ?
I am assuming next gen controls (see Wii Winning Eleven) with HD graphics. If it happens that will be the clear version to get, friend codes and all!

PS I play on PS3 now, but I imagine next year WiiU or the other 2 consoles will be the new hotness.

snesfreak

Banned
I am assuming next gen controls (see Wii Winning Eleven) with HD graphics. If it happens that will be the clear version to get.

PS I play on PS3 now, but I imagine next year WiiU or the other 2 consoles will be the new hotness.
Fixed for accuracy.
No more friend codes.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Fuck the MN Gov't.

As much as I hate the Viqueens I'd never want to seem them leave MN. It's nice for the Lions to travel 100 miles or so to whoop your asses.

And as a L.A. resident I say new franchise or bust. Don't want to steal another cities team (except the Raiders).

eznark

Banned

Bengals, Dolphins, Broncos, Chargers. So I guess the 49ers have never won a Super Bowl, then.

I think the Bucs will have a good year. Their new coach knows how to motivate. Schiano gave Fatman the old "One taco today, or 10,000 tacos in February" proposal. Even he's not gluttonous enough to pass on that deal.

Godslay

Banned
How could they have been surprised PITT took DeCastro? As far as Martin, I think lots of people were out-flanked by TB on that. Now not getting good value on a trade, that's bad, and would have been the GM's responsibility. Of course it's all cumlative, and maybe Elway just didn't like it anymore

But lets face it, your org turned it's back on all things good and just and noble. But a mere portent of things to come

I don't know. I wasn't surprised that DeCastro went, then again I didn't know Denver had wanted him that bad either.

As far as your other point, this was the last big piece of the McDaniels era. Our hands are now clean. Things will return to the just and noble ways once again. Elway will ride his pale steed to the Superbowl once again.

JABEE

Fuck the MN Gov't.
I'm sorry.

Fuck the MN Gov't.

I made a list of things that might help you make it through these tough times.

1. Beer
2. If I can follow the Pats from 8 time zones away, you can follow your Vikings from 3.
3. More beer
4. Jared moving to LA only improves his chances of getting his own reality TV show.
5. If you ever decide to Squiken teams, I would welcome you with open arms into PatsGAF.

snesfreak

Banned
I made a list of things that might help you make it through these tough times.

1. Beer
2. If I can follow the Pats from 8 time zones away, you can follow your Vikings from 3.
3. More beer
4. Jared moving to LA only improves his chances of getting his own reality TV show.
5. If you ever decide to Squiken teams, I would welcome you with open arms into PatsGAF.
If he squickens over to the Pats he'll be banished from this thread.

Fuck the MN Gov't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qG5Q58ecgc

Top Bottom