• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

A few pics and news from the Giants rookie mini-camp:

Aso4CjrCIAE44EK.jpg

#81 TE Adrien Robinson working on his blocking.

Aso2HWuCAAAVsoS.jpg

Giants offensive lineman doing work.

--WR Rueben Randle, the Giants’ second-round pick, had a couple of early drops but eventually left Coughlin “very impressed”. He made one real nice reaching, leaping grab on the sidelines of a Ryan Perrilloux pass in front of CB Jayron Hosley (third round).

--TE Adrien Robinson, the “JPP of tight ends” as Jerry Reese called him, flashed some of his athletic ability reaching up for a very poorly thrown pass from Merrimack QB J.R. Suozzo. Robinson later said tight ends coach told him it was a good catch, but he ran a bad route.

-- Perrilloux, who spent last year being constantly waived and re-signed to the practice squad, showed off his rocket arm, especially with a deep strike to WR Damian Davis, a tryout player from Mary Hardin-Baylor, who made a nice over-the-shoulder catch while streaking down the sidelines.

--These are non-contact drills, so it’s really hard to tell a lot about the non-skill players. It’s not easy to tell much about the skill players either, actually. But for what it’s worth, first-round RB David Wilson does look quick. He changed directions and bounced a couple of runs to the outside and seemed to hit holes fast. Then again, with no tackling or contact, who knows how fast those holes would’ve closed?

Lots of positive feedback for the first four picks of the draft from the various reports I've read. Especially Randle and Robinson. It's early stuff but good to get some actual football related news.

Talon

Perriloux? Was he on y'alls PS last year? Or did he actually play some college ball last year?

Not ribbing - just genuinely curious.

Talon- said:
Perriloux? Was he on y'alls PS last year?
Poor guy was cut and resigned like 10 times on the practice squad last season. One week the Giants would sign Selvish Capers (oline) and then they would cut him and resign Perrilloux the next. It was the cruelest version of football musical chairs these guys had to endure.

Amusingly (maybe not for them), this rookie mini-camp is the first time Capers and Perrilloux have actually played together.

Draxal

Poor guy was cut and resigned like 10 times on the practice squad last season. One week the Giants would sign Selvish Capers (oline) and then they would cut him and resign Perrilloux the next. It was the cruelest version of football musical chairs these guys had to endure.

Amusingly (maybe not for them), this rookie mini-camp is the first time Capers and Perrilloux have actually played together.

Wasn't that cruel as both Capers/Perrilloux got paid every week due to how the Giant's were doing it, there was a new article in an LA paper about Perrilloux describing how they did it.

Draxal said:
Wasn't that cruel as both Capers/Perrilloux got paid every week due to how the Giant's were doing it
Ah that's cool then. Hadn't seen that article. Still has to fuck with your mind as a young player though...

Talon

Well, the guy should just be happy with the fact that he's actually getting a shot at the next level. I hope he's grown up from all the self-aggrandizing and stupidity at the collegiate level.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Heineken tastes awful and I'm glad that fad is over.

The Corona fad needs to die also.

An unpasteurized Heineken is one of the best beers I've ever had. Too bad they cook it before they send it over. HEY, ASSHATS, OPEN A BREWERY IN NORTH AMERICA!

Talon

An unpasteurized Heineken is one of the best beers I've ever had. Too bad they cook it before they send it over. HEY, ASSHATS, OPEN A BREWERY IN NORTH AMERICA!
Interesting. These green bottles literally taste like half a step up from Miller Light.

Hey, you guys won a round without Allied help! Impressive!

(I'd rather be in Holland right now...)

And I started it this time! SUCK IT! Also, are you still coming to this beautiful nation to study ?

Heineken tastes awful and I'm glad that fad is over.

The Corona fad needs to die also.

I like Heineken, really a great beer on a sunny afternoon. Plus it's like 2 bucks here, unlike in the US where it's like 7 bucks a beer.

Milchjon

And I started it this time! SUCK IT! Also, are you still coming to this beautiful nation to study ?

Probably not, I guess. But we'll see.

On the football side of things, reporters only got a 20 minute glimpse at the Pats rookies. Also, sometimes the empty non-talk of BB, McDaniels and the like really pisses me off. If you don't wanna answer a question, don't talk for 5 minutes, FFS.

Probably not, I guess. But we'll see.

On the football side of things, reporters only got a 20 minute glimpse at the Pats rookies. Also, sometimes the empty non-talk of BB, McDaniels and the like really pisses me off. If you don't wanna answer a question, don't talk for 5 minutes, FFS.

I like the non-talk, it's a whole lot better than, I don't know, REX RYAN.

Also, it seems like Chandler will wear number 95 instead of 99, I want him to wear 99 :(.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Interesting. These green bottles literally taste like half a step up from Miller Light.

It's like you thought the exact same thing I did last time someone gave me a Heineken. I honestly thought someone had poured Miller Lite into a Heineken bottle.

Top Bottom