• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

trent-richardson-rookie-minicamp-a90b1a03744c8572.jpg
Beautiful majestic runningback

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, I like it, much better option than Thigpen and they were desperate last season, played Fitz through injury.

They were going to draft a QB but the guy they wanted was drafted right before they picked. Only two guys who were on the board right before their pick was Cousins/Coleman. Still have a few guys in this weekend for rookie camp, including Youtube sensation Alex Tanney.

If Tanney doesn't a get a spot, I'll be upset. Not happy about the Young signing personally. The guy is fragile, inaccurate and the antithesis of a leader. Hate to say it, but if Fitzpatrick goes down, we're sorta fucked

LJ11

If Tanney doesn't a get a spot, I'll be upset. Not happy about the Young signing personally. The guy is fragile, inaccurate and the antithesis of a leader. Hate to say it, but if Fitzpatrick goes down, we're sorta fucked

Yeah, I can't disagree with any of that, though I do think he's ok on intermediate/short stuff. At the end of the day, he's a better option than Thigpen in a pinch. We're fucked with either, less fucked with Young.

I don't know much about Tanney but that Youtube video is fucking impressive. They sent Lee to visit with him a couple of times before the draft. I think they'll take at least one guy into camp. Probably cut Thigpen soon.

bionic77

You should thank god we aren't in the arc north to fuck your sorry ass team up twice a year like we did In dec
We already get the Browns and Bungles. If we had any of the trash from the NFC West it would make the AFC North the worst division in football regardless of how good the Steelers are*.

They are going to be awesome this year and Ben will win his 3rd Superbowl. This will then be matched by Eli who will once again beat Shady in the final seconds, proving that it isn't the meek that inherit the Earth, it is the rapists and virgins.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

photo-15.jpg

Here's to future lost lives.

And eventually, pictures that don't feature a misplaced cursor.

and Mech: I don't care what Arian Foster does in the NFL: He'll always be a really shitty runningback from Tennessee, in my mind ;P

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice in his prime wouldn't be effective in Miami offense:

As a parting shot to his former Miami Dolphins, now Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall recently said that even the greatest receiver in the history of the game couldn't succeed with the quarterbacks Lloyd was "forced" to deal with last season.

"It doesn't make any sense to pay a guy $2 million and only expect him to have 60 or 65 receptions, or 70 receptions in this new offense," Marshall told Orlando radio station 740 The Game on Thursday. "Also, if you don't have a quarterback, it doesn't matter who you have out there. You can bring Jerry Rice back in his prime and he's not going to be effective. It makes sense on the business end, and also the fit as far as philosophy-wise just wasn't there. I can understand the change, and honestly this is the best move that could have happened for both sides."

Jerry Rice has not commented, but having watched Rice through his entire career, I'd bet he could look pretty good behind the Houston Texans' 2002 offensive line, catching passes from David Greene and Joey Harrington.

Marshall is now reunited with quarterback Jay Cutler -- when those two played together in Denver, Marshall caught more than 100 passes each season from 2007 and 2008. Marshall also caught 101 passes in 2009 when Cutler was gone and Kyle Orton was the main man under center.

snesfreak

Banned
Those of you worrying about Parks and Rec getting canceled can stop worrying.
It was renewed for a 5th season, 13 episodes.
edit: 22 now!

Lonestar

You didn't need that 2nd part. Not enough people watch Community for people to confuse it as a reference.

I didn't recognize it as a reference from anything. The only character I know the name of on Community, is Joel McHale, played by Joel McHale.

Network television has really been shit over the past few years. Like what has really been good? First season of modern family? First 3 seasons of the office?

Talon

Parks & Recreation has been great - taken up the slack from The Office. Community if you're a nerd.

Network TV doesn't have the big dramas right now, at least the non-CBS baby boomer crap.

AMC's ran with the dramas - Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

Fox318

Network television has really been shit over the past few years. Like what has really been good? First season of modern family? First 3 seasons of the office?

What has been good or what sells?

CBS's generic shit wins everyone over, ABC just trys and slut up their shows, FOX has no idea what they are doing in a post 24 world, and NBC has horrible management even fucked up the Biggest Loser this year.

Brinbe

Parks, Community, HIMYM, House, Fringe... that's pretty much it for me. Once those are done, network TV's dead to me, except for sports. And even that's shifting towards cable except for the NFL on Sunday. It's pretty useless if you have no interest in reality TV, dumb comedies, and procedural garbage.

Lonestar

Still don't know how CBS is showing Person of Interest. It's the diametric opposite of everything else on that channel.

Lonestar

Yup. If it was on Fox, it would be an internet darling. Instead, it gets high ratings due to old people.

It'd would be nice to have more people on the POI topic talking about it, but as long as the old farts leave the TV on during the night (resulting in security from being canceled early), I'm ok with that.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Basic geography is now something that is up for debate?

I know your science books in Wisconsin are backwards as fuck, but I had assumed at least the maps would be up to date.

Pitt in the midwest, what?

You know what Pittsburgh has in common with Boston, Philly, and New York? Nothing

What does Pittsburgh have in common with Columbus, Cleveland, etc.? Everything

Pittsburgh is in the heart of the rust belt!

West Virginia's fanbase is mostly from Pittsburgh!

Just because you're in Pennsylvania, doesn't mean that that Midwest/Northeast boundary line isn't at least halfway through that rundown state.

RBH

San Francisco 49ers rookie receiver A.J. Jenkins has been invited to go through the grueling uphill run that former 49ers receiver Jerry Rice made the staple of his offseason workouts. It appears that Jenkins needs it.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Jenkins showed up out of shape to the first day of the 49ers’ minicamp today. Maiocco calls it “easy to see” and says that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh noticed.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that when he was asked about Jenkins, Harbaugh immediately pointed out that many of the receivers were out of shape. Jenkins, who got winded as practice went on and had two bad drops, said he agrees that he needs to get into better shape and found that the pace of the 49ers’ work is faster than the pace of the workouts he’s been doing on his own.

Maiocco also posted a video of Jenkins running a figure-8 race with fellow rookie receiver Chris Owusu. Owusu won the race, and it sounded like Jenkins was getting yelled at by the coach running the drill for not hustling all the way through the end.

None of this will be an issue at all if Jenkins proves himself a hard worker over the summer and is ready to go when the preseason starts in three months. But it appears that Jenkins is not off to a great start in San Francisco.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/11/a-j-jenkins-out-of-shape-at-49ers-minicamp/

crabtree_49ers_helmet.jpg

Top Bottom