• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

I'm interested to see how they're going to try to pull themselves out of the fire.

Tons of bad press and ill-will already.

TGS will be a turning point or a death knell.

snesfreak

Banned
Nintendo is notoriously secretive and its really infuriating. I have plenty of money set aside for the damned thing I just want to know how much and when.
Yeah really, I'll be spending about $300 on games alone as of now.
I want to know if I have to save even more money than that.

squicken

For the gamer on a message board it isn't a problem. You guys and bionic and ez view the system as a Nintendo games machine, and have multiple gaming devices. But that's not really a mass market strategy, and if they are being secretive about western support, it's a colossal miscalculation

Rorschach

I'm a few hours into Skyward Sword. Longest "intro" phase ever. I'm still getting wordy tutorials about how to wipe my ass or whatever. I can't believe there was one on remembering to breathe... smh. I just want to fuck shit up and explore! Fi is more annoying than Navi by far and I'm only a few hours in.

Also, I've come to realize that I hate the wiimote. Wish I could play this with a GC controller or something.

cajunator

Banned
I'm a few hours into Skyward Sword. Longest "intro" phase ever. I'm still getting wordy tutorials about how to wipe my ass or whatever. I can't believe there was one on remembering to breathe... smh. I just want to fuck shit up and explore! Fi is more annoying than Navi by far and I'm only a few hours in.

Also, I've come to realize that I hate the wiimote. Wish I could play this with a GC controller or something.

Starts out really slowly. Once you get to the dungeon parts of course youll probably love it. some really creative puzzles in those. I also l really liked the parts before the dungeons in each area. The first dungeon is pretty weak though. Youll probably rush through that one anyway.

This E3 has been really annoying to read on GAF. It's all been 360/PS3 gamers trying to discredit the console, and Nintendo gamers trying to find something, ANYTHING to call it a success.

It's a console launch guys. We're not going to see mega powerful 4th generation games, not every game has to be a smoking gun, and gamers do not care about power as much as they let on at the beginning of every gen. The PS2 was markedly inferior to both consoles and trounced them. Ditto the DS. What matters is providing the best package deal, along with the best games, period.

If Nintendo shows nothing compelling then people will just ignore the console. Nintendo knows that, we know that. Instead though everybody wants to count pixels and judge a new machine by its launch games. Can't wait till this shit is over.

cajunator

Banned
This E3 has been really annoying to read on GAF. It's all been 360/PS3 gamers trying to discredit the console, and Nintendo gamers trying to find something, ANYTHING to call it a success.

It's a console launch guys. We're not going to see mega powerful 4th generation games, not every game has to be a smoking gun, and gamers do not care about power as much as they let on at the beginning of every gen. The PS2 was markedly inferior to both consoles and trounced them. Ditto the DS. What matters is providing the best package deal, along with the best games, period.

If Nintendo shows nothing compelling then people will just ignore the console. Nintendo knows that, we know that. Instead though everybody wants to count pixels and judge a new machine by its launch games. Can't wait till this shit is over.

I want to be a customer, so of coursE I want to know more about the fucking device.
But nintendo keep this shit locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

Talon

Would have been nice if they'd explained this. Was that in the Norton Hulk movie? I've seen it, but it's been so long that I didn't catch this nuance.
Terrible movie. The final scene is Norton showing that he's in control of the Hulk.

I thought Avengers explained it with, "I'm always angry." I've never read a single comic, and it made sense to me.

I want to be a customer, so of coursE I want to know more about the fucking device.
But nintendo keep this shit locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

The system doesn't release for another 5 months. Plenty of time to hear more about it.

That's not the problem though. The problem is people think that E3 is still the be all end all and if you don't announce your game there it doesn't exist.

Nintendo always has a showcase before launch. EA is on record saying they were asked to keep mum about their titles until later in the year. In a year, no one's gonna give a shit about what happened 6 months before launch but console warriors.

cajunator

Banned
The system doesn't release for another 5 months. Plenty of time to hear more about it.

That's not the problem though. The problem is people think that E3 is still the be all end all and if you don't announce your game there it doesn't exist.

Nintendo always has a showcase before launch. EA is on record saying they were asked to keep mum about their titles until later in the year. In a year, no one's gonna give a shit about what happened 6 months before launch but console warriors.

Im well aware that Nintendo and the other companies release game info well after E3 on a regular basis and I think most gamers know it.
I think they almost enjoy being disappointed at E3 though. It happens every single year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

You can play it on Dolphin with a 360 controller with the right build setup.

squicken

Im well aware that Nintendo and the other companies release game info well after E3 on a regular basis and I think most gamers know it.
I think they almost enjoy being disappointed at E3 though. It happens every single year.

You can't have a worse E3 or hardware launch than MS had in '05, so I agree that it really doesn't ultimately matter what is shown.

But Nintendo needs AC3, and MoH, and CoD. And it needs those when they ship on the 360 and PS3. And it needs the WiiU version to be just as good as the PS3 games. You can say that having the best games is all that matters, but that's not true. If you don't get the third party support, then the dry spells kill your console. People are pixel counting b/c that does matter when trying to assess where the support will be in 2013 and beyond.

You can't have a worse E3 or hardware launch than MS had in '05, so I agree that it really doesn't ultimately matter what is shown.

But Nintendo needs AC3, and MoH, and CoD. And it needs those when they ship on the 360 and PS3. And it needs the WiiU version to be just as good as the PS3 games. You can say that having the best games is all that matters, but that's not true. If you don't get the third party support, then the dry spells kill your console. People are pixel counting b/c that does matter when trying to assess where the support will be in 2013 and beyond.

Third party support = the best games.

Let's be honest here. The Wii U is going to sell with or without token 3rd party support. What everybody want to know is if third parties will treat Wii U like the PS360 or not.

The battle Nintendo is fighting is for those gamers. However just like with them, as long as Nintendo has the games they want day and date, they'll do fine. If they don't then they'll suffer. All the pixel counting and complaining about confusion of unreleased specs means nothing.

RBH

RENTON, Wash. -- Walking into the massive indoor practice facility, looking up at the championship banners hanging from the ceiling and feeling the turf under his feet, Brian Banks allowed himself a moment to reflect on whether the reality matched the dream that helped get him through five years of wrongful incarceration.

"This is by far the second best day of my life -- May 24, my day of exoneration, and today," Banks said Thursday after getting a tryout with the Seattle Seahawks. "Just being out here on the field and work out with the Seahawks and to be given an opportunity to have a tryout, I don't really have words for it. It's a dream come true. I know a lot of people work hard to get to this point. I've worked hard myself and I'm just thankful for this opportunity."

And it may continue beyond just a one-day visit to the rainy Pacific Northwest. Banks, 26, impressed Seattle coach Pete Carroll enough that he received an invitation to participate in a formal tryout next week during Seattle's mandatory offseason minicamp.

All Banks needs to do is accept and he can turn another page on his remarkable feel-good story.

"This is a great illustration for us why people deserve a second chance," Carroll said. "Because of what he has overcome and because of what lies ahead for him in his life. This is just one step but it's a step he's been dreaming about for a long time. And it's just such a great illustration about not giving up and competing for what you want and not let your circumstances or surroundings dictate what is going to happen in your life."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...fered-minicamp-tryout-tryout-seattle-seahawks

RBH

exterior01.jpg

interior05.jpg

Niners_Field_Club.jpg

San Francisco city officials voted unanimously Tuesday to allow the 49ers to break their lease a year early at Candlestick Park in 2014, when construction should be finished on the new Santa Clara stadium.

S.F. Supervisor Mike Farrell penned the proposal that released the team early. Under the new terms of lease, the 49ers will still be required to pay the city of San Francisco the minimum rent on Candlestick for their 2014 season. They’ll exit after 2013, and they’ll move into the new facility in Santa Clara in 2014.

The impending departure of the 49ers is an unwelcome reality in San Francisco for the team’s faithful fans, a group that includes the officials who voted to allow the early exit. This new legislation, though, suggests the city may be on its way to making peace with the move, with lawmakers conceding and accepting that the 49ers will soon play 35 miles south in Santa Clara.

Not that the 49ers will come out of the broken lease with their wallets unscathed: As part of the provisions for the new lease agreement, the organization will donate $1 million to the Recreation and Parks Department, funding groups for San Francisco’s youth.

If the donation wasn’t enough, the sting of losing the popular football team may be assuaged slightly by the glimmer of possibility the Warriors may be heading back into the city, should a new arena be built on the bay waterfront, as the team has planned.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-...-exit-from-Candles?blockID=721088&feedID=2539

squicken

They won the AFC Championship, and uh, the NFCW Championship. Or they are counting that fraud SB

Wow I had no idea the 49ers were moving that far out of the city. That's even further from the town than Foxboro from Boston

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Damnit. Don't tell me that. I'm out there to see a client in two weeks.

Don't worry, that's Oakland that causes the problems there.

Well, that and stay out of the Tenderloin at night and you should leave with as many holes as you came with! Or want to leave with!

Milchjon

That's what I was getting at earlier. Why should Barcelona and Madrid play 30 games in their domestic league and then only 10 in the CL? It seems to me they should just embrace the imbalance, and form a cross Europe league of all the big teams. You can still have the domestic leagues. They would just be what they are essentially now: feeder teams

They'd make a lot more money if Madrid played Chelsea 3 times a year instead of Toledo or whatever some other Spanish team is called

That's not what soccer is, though. It's a "blue collar" sport and everyone would go batshit if they took away the games that are at the heart of the sport. Sure, CL is the most profitable part, but it's also just one, and it's more of a cherry on top.

Apparently Santonio quit after 35 snaps...

It's strange that all the big Italian teams are in the north. Well I understand that's where the money is, but who do the Romans support?

And it seems England has this whole other thing called the FA Cup. So a guy in England can be competing in the FA Cup, World Cup, UEFA Cup, and Champions League in a four year period? That's a lot of competitions

Everything that's making any money is in the north. There's a reason why there's always been a secession movement. AFAIK AS Roma has been pretty successful before, though

And those League Cups are in every league, in Germany it's the DFB Pokal. Also, you forgot the Euro in your list. And until a few years ago in Getmany there was a small tournament called Ligapokal. So in the most extreme case, until 2007 a German player could have participated in 5 championships/cups in one year.

Prometheus was awesome but somewhat confusing.

It's like the Tree Of Life meets Planet Earth of horror movies.

Don't expect a lot of action.

Milchjon

I have zero interest in space horror, so I don't think I'm going to see it, but I love Ridley Scott's cinematography. Does it look as great as it seems judging from the trailer and every one of his older movies?

squicken

That's not what soccer is, though. It's a "blue collar" sport and everyone would go batshit if they took away the games that are at the heart of the sport. Sure, CL is the most profitable part, but it's also just one, and it's more of a cherry on top..

I did a bit of reading on this and there seems to be a general consensus that Financial Fair Play will never be enforced and the big teams will stay dominant. I was shocked at how much debt all the big teams carry, though. It's ridiculous the transfer fees they pay, and that's even before the player's salary.

The Spanish clubs in particular. I can't believe they even thought of trying to take ECB loans while forgiving the clubs' debt.

I did a bit of reading on this and there seems to be a general consensus that Financial Fair Play will never be enforced and the big teams will stay dominant. I was shocked at how much debt all the big teams carry, though. It's ridiculous the transfer fees they pay, and that's even before the player's salary.

The Spanish clubs in particular. I can't believe they even thought of trying to take ECB loans while forgiving the clubs' debt.

Yeah it doesn't make sense with those clubs, but since they are the biggest clubs in the world the FIFA just gives them a pass no matter what they do.

In the Dutch League the KNVB (The leading organization in the Netherlands) checks all of the finances from every club on a yearly basis, pretty much making sure that all the clubs are financially healthy. If you have a debt that is too big and out of control you will get punished by loss of points and or demotion to a lower league.

Prometheus was awesome but somewhat confusing.

It's like the Tree Of Life meets Planet Earth of horror movies.

Don't expect a lot of action.

Yeah, looks cool, starts slow, has some questionable acting, some really neat effects and a lot of stuff left open to interpretation. I imagine though if you're not a fan of Alien or haven't seen it then you'd wonder what the big deal is.

My friends are going to see Prometheus on Sunday while I'm at work, the motherfuckers.

I heard the script was kind of shitty, no doubt due to Lindelof's work on it, so I'm not that bummed about missing it. I'm more interested in Brave now anyways.

ink4n3

Applied for a new job last night. It was a VB/C# developer position. I have both the education and qualifications to fill the position. What's interesting is that, I went through the entire application process, and submitted everything required. I head to work this morning and get a rejection email.

I'm curious if anyone has dealt with this? I've tried to contact HR by phone but missed their rep, and sent an email off this evening. If they don't want to interview me, that's perfectly fine. I am just wondering if they have something that scans resumes/applications for keywords and rejects the one's that don't meet their buzzwords. Should I keep bugging their HR until I get a solid answer?

I don't think it would hurt to try to get an answer from HR. You can't hurt your chances any since you've already been thrown out. Best case is that they'll take another look at your again.

It would also be nice just to get some kind of answer so you know what to do next time.

greepoman

I don't think it would hurt to try to get an answer from HR. You can't hurt your chances any since you've already been thrown out. Best case is that they'll take another look at your again.

It would also be nice just to get some kind of answer so you know what to do next time.

I agree, definitely no harm in asking. We do the same keyword filtering with our HR so definitely could be that, but could also be a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with you. For instance our company likes to keep job listings up even if there aren't really positions just because it "looks better" and you might get some outstanding candidate that's worth hiring anyway. Also the position might have already been filled. Definitely can't dwell on it too much, a lot of times it's just being in the right place at the right time.

Top Bottom