• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Milchjon

And confirmed (Rapoport):

The patriots have released Chad Ochocinco, a source confirmed. Bad news for him. Good news for Patriots depth at WR

Meh

bionic77

Jets? Mark Sanchez?
Even worse!

I forgot she is dating Sanchez. That proves she is a whore and has no taste though. I am also pretty sure that it guarantees that Sanchez is never going to amount to anything. No one who ever banged a chick that young and hot ever accomplished anything in life (beyond banging the chick, which is not a bad accomplishment as far as they go).

Milchjon

Even worse!

I forgot she is dating Sanchez. That proves she is a whore and has no taste though. I am also pretty sure that it guarantees that Sanchez is never going to amount to anything. No one who ever banged a chick that young and hot ever accomplished anything in life (beyond banging the chick, which is not a bad accomplishment as far as they go).

She's probably pretty old for his taste.

cdyhybrid

NSMB isn't going to be a graphical showcase.
Batman and ACIII are ports, and unfinished ports at that.
Pikmin was a Wii game, and may look better before it's done.
Ninendoland is like Wii Sports, a showoff for the controller not the system's graphics.

I've heard that maybe devs didn't have enough time with the final dev kits to fully take advantage of the hardware.

Something about the 32MB of EDRam not being used or something.

Wait till we see a real Mario game, like Galaxy.
Or Zelda, or Retro's game.
THAT will show off the system's power.

Because they didn't make it look better?

But how long do I have to wait? :(((((((

squicken

You guys remember when Brooklyn Decker was all the rage?

It's like every year we get a new girl!

os8ZE.jpg

The biggest difference is that Wii U is using modern hardware, which makes porting games even from more powerful systems a lot easier.
They won't have to completely rewrite their engines for hardware designed in 1999.

Nothing shown so far is really showing that it's more capable.
Supposedly it has some custom features in the GPU or something.

I agree, as I said in my last response, developers will actually make a version OR port to the Wii U unlike the Wii. I'm looking at it from the perspective of a consumer that can get all three or even just two of the systems, why would they ever choose to buy the Wii U version of a game if they can get a graphically superior version on the Xbox or PS? You always see people all over the internet asking what version of a game to get between 360 and PS3, Wii U is never going to be in the equation. This is where the Wii U is hurt by lower tech. It's still going to play many of the latest games and it will still be in HD, but it will lose the competition when the biggest games come out. This is why they really need third party exclusives (all three do) but Nintendo has always struggled in this area. Let's hope developers feel more compelled to do it now that Nintendo is at least in the realm of HD.

bionic77 said:
Even worse!

If I made a deal with the devil where I was forced to live my life as a mediocre QB, but was still paid millions of dollars to play football and got to tap dat Upton ass, I'd take it. In a heartbeat.

But girls like that only go for starters, so I predict that relationship to last till...Week 3 of this season.

snesfreak

Banned
I agree, as I said in my last response, developers will actually make a version OR port to the Wii U unlike the Wii. I'm looking at it from the perspective of a consumer that can get all three or even just two of the systems, why would they ever choose to buy the Wii U version of a game if they can get a graphically superior version on the Xbox or PS? You always see people all over the internet asking what version of a game to get between 360 and PS3, Wii U is never going to be in the equation. This is where the Wii U is hurt by lower tech. It's still going to play many of the latest games and it will still be in HD, but it will lose the competition when the biggest games come out. This is why they really need third party exclusives (all three do) but Nintendo has always struggled in this area. Let's hope developers feel more compelled to do it now that Nintendo is at least in the realm of HD.
I guess, but not everyone will care about which version looks the best.
Look at the PS2.

Talon

Visual fidelity won't be as much of a sticking point with all the systems being HD.

Unless there's some sort of crazy 4K revolution looming soon.

cdyhybrid

If I made a deal with the devil where I was forced to live my life as a mediocre QB, but was still paid millions of dollars to play football and got to tap dat Upton ass, I'd take it. In a heartbeat.

But girls like that only go for starters, so I predict that relationship to last till...Week 3 of this season.

I dunno man, they're @PIT Week 2...Tebow might be in after halftime in that game.

I guess, but not everyone will care about which version looks the best.
Look at the PS2.

Visual fidelity won't be as much of a sticking point with all the systems being HD.

Unless there's some sort of crazy 4K revolution looming soon.

Then why do so many people ask/debate between 360 and PS3 for every single game that comes out for both? People care. This is also a different scenario as consumers expect beforehand that both Xbox and PS will surpass Nintendo's tech before any of them come out which will effect purchase decisions. PS2 was as Brentech said, in everyone's household as it initially only contended with the Dreamcast which is basically killed. It's one thing to save money buying a game for a system you already have and another deciding which system to buy in the first place.

Talon

Then why do so many people ask/debate between 360 and PS3 for every single game that comes out for both? People care. This is also a different scenario as consumers expect beforehand that both Xbox and PS will surpass Nintendo's tech before any of them come out which will effect purchase decisions. PS2 was as Brentech said, in everyone's household as it initially only contended with the Dreamcast which is basically killed. It's one thing to save money buying a game for a system you already have and another deciding which system to buy in the first place.
You're conflating video game nerds on this forum with the majority of consumers.

People buy third party games for the systems they own and the friends they play with.

snesfreak

Banned
Well to be fair, GAF is hardly representative of the average gamer.
And nothing is guaranteed when it comes to new systems.
See: PS3.
Of course Sony being batshit insane arrogant caused that more than anything.
Anything could happen.

Update:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Aaron Kampman, a 10-year veteran defensive end who joined the Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent in 2010, was released today by team.

Obama will be also be presented a Giants jersey tomorrow. He'll be stealing Bradshaw's number (44th president and all):

Au0FSfuCQAAVX5Y.jpg

I'm not going solely off of GAF, of course. There are many places on the internet where you'll find people clamoring for the best version, pretty much any gaming forum as well as people I know IRL on Facebook. It's silly as they are virtually identical every time but my point is many gamers think that way and that could impact sales. Wii U can still sell well off of the steam it had going with the Wii, the casuals will probably come back. It's Nintendo's intent to bring the core gamers back to the fold I don't see succeeding. I'm not trying to hate, I own every Nintendo home console made up to this point, I just think this may be the first one I pass on and don't believe I'm the only one. I hope they can get those exclusives to change my mind, it's just not likely given their history. Agree with you on PS3 SNES, they also greatly disappointed me with this generation and the only thing that saved me from regretting that purchase is that it serves as a good blu ray player. Sony will have to make some moves to get me interested this next time as well. If you went back in time when the first xbox came out and told me Microsoft was the only company with my confidence going forth, I'd have laughed you out of the building.

Talon

I'm not going solely off of GAF, of course. There are many places on the internet where you'll find people clamoring for the best version, pretty much any gaming forum as well as people I know IRL on Facebook. It's silly as they are virtually identical every time but my point is many gamers think that way and that could impact sales. Wii U can still sell well off of the steam it had going with the Wii, the casuals will probably come back. It's Nintendo's intent to bring the core gamers back to the fold I don't see succeeding. I'm not trying to hate, I own every Nintendo home console made up to this point, I just think this may be the first one I pass on and don't believe I'm the only one. I hope they can get those exclusives to change my mind, it's just not likely given their history. Agree with you on PS3 SNES, they also greatly disappointed me with this generation and the only thing that saved me from regretting that purchase is that it serves as a good blu ray player. Sony will have to make some moves to get me interested this next time as well. If you went back in time when the first xbox came out and told me Microsoft was the only company with my confidence going forth, I'd have laughed you out of the building.
Fringes of the internet where people argue about graphical fidelity and FPS are not indicative of general consumer behavior.

Also, PARAGRAPHS!

Milchjon

Obama will be also be presented a Giants jersey tomorrow. He'll be stealing Bradshaw's number:

Au0FSfuCQAAVX5Y.jpg

Forget health care, gay marriage and birth certificates: That right there is a reason to vote Republican :p

Also,the Boston Globe on Ochocinco:
The truth is, it was probably never going to work. What the Patriots didn’t realize watching Ochocinco on film while with the Bengals was, according to several league sources, he ran the routes he wanted to there and it drove quarterback Carson Palmer nuts -- especially later in his Bengals career. But Palmer was smart enough to realize that no matter where Ochocinco was running, he was probably going to get open because his feet are that good down the field. And after so many reps together, Palmer had a good feel for where Ochocinco would end up.

squicken

I'm mostly in agreement with you. Nintendo, words out of their own mouths, said they needed to reach out to third parties, as that lack of support made the Wii sales fall off a cliff. So what do they do? Make a console that can't easily support ports from ps4 and xbox720. It boggles the mind.

And Iwata's plan for messaging is to have a real life human moderate every single post made? They have no idea what they are doing with online

Sanjuro

Me too, but not on this team. At least now he has more time for stupid/funny media gimmicks.

I wouldn't even go that far. He didn't do anything to harm the team on a weekly basis, only media ranting. I will admit though, I gave him some shit as well for his comments early in the season.

Can Chad stay healthy for an entire season? If so, sign me up!

Who knows. He is in phenomenal shape for his age. He isn't going to come with a large price tag. Can see him fitting in with a team like Seattle or Washington.

I'm mostly in agreement with you. Nintendo, words out of their own mouths, said they needed to reach out to third parties, as that lack of support made the Wii sales fall off a cliff. So what do they do? Make a console that can't easily support ports from ps4 and xbox720. It boggles the mind.

And Iwata's plan for messaging is to have a real life human moderate every single post made? They have no idea what they are doing with online

I didn't even touch on the online ineptitude but that's a concern as well. I know this will sound stupid to some, but I often chose the 360 version of a game over PS3 simply because I liked the online community I have on LIVE better. That's something I've also heard from many others both IRL and online. If Nintendo still has shit online, another reason people will choose another system. It boggles the mind that they are still over moderating after Microsoft and Sony have successfully run online systems without it. Just put the damn disclaimer in there for online experiences. Let the parents moderate what games their kids play and if they play online or not, it's not your job Nintendo!

snesfreak

Banned

No.
It's for the public messages that pop up during games or something like that.
Not saying it's right.

Poor Chad, I like the guy, just too bad that he couldn't perform. I wish him luck wherever he goes, there just wasn't any room on the Pats roster anymore.

That being said, I like the combo of Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, Lloyd and Gaffney. Plus this leaves Manslaughter Stallworth as a backup.

Milchjon

I wouldn't even go that far. He didn't do anything to harm the team on a weekly basis, only media ranting. I will admit though, I gave him some shit as well for his comments early in the season.

I don't mind his behavior off the field, I always thought it was pretty funny. It's his inability to do anything productive on the field that's a problem.

Sanjuro

Poor Chad, I like the guy, just too bad that he couldn't perform. I wish him luck wherever he goes, there just wasn't any room on the Pats roster anymore.

That being said, I like the combo of Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, Lloyd and Gaffney. Plus this leaves Manslaughter Stallworth as a backup.

I'm curious if Mallett is even going to be active this season or dealt.

snesfreak

Banned
I didn't even touch on the online ineptitude but that's a concern as well. I know this will sound stupid to some, but I often chose the 360 version of a game over PS3 simply because I liked the online community I have on LIVE better. That's something I've also heard from many others both IRL and online. If Nintendo still has shit online, another reason people will choose another system. It boggles the mind that they are still over moderating after Microsoft and Sony have successfully run online systems without it. Just put the damn disclaimer in there for online experiences. Let the parents moderate what games their kids play and if they play online or not, it's not your job Nintendo!
What they seem to be doing is moderating the in game messages that popup while you're playing.
Not messages between friends or anything like that.

It seems to be to filter out spoilers and stuff like that.
The Miiverse posts.

squicken

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/07/report-banner-eyeballs-the-buffalo-bills/

Outgoing Eagles president wants to buy a team, and would target the Bills. Not really a story, but supposedly the Rams and the Browns are for sale as well

I can sort of see the Rams. Kroenke is from Missouri and probably doesn't want his name as mud if/when he moved the team. But the Rams, with an expiring lease, and a likely target for LA, could sell for a lot more than he paid. Of course everyone would see through that, and his name would still be mud. idk. He doesn't act like he enjoys owning the team.

edit: Europe is having another soccer cup? How many do they have a year? I seriously don't understand the scheduling. It seems like you could have 3 or 4 sets of teammates at any given time and alternate teams week to week

What they seem to be doing is moderating the in game messages that popup while you're playing.
Not messages between friends or anything like that.

It seems to be to filter out spoilers and stuff like that.
The Miiverse posts.

They are still doing the friend code thing though, right?

Top Bottom