• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Slo

Sometimes I buy a game to support it even if I dont have the console. Just a habit I guess.

I distinctly remember a guy from work buying 4 copies of BG2 and "throwing 3 away" to support D&D. Sounded like a retarded waste of money back then too.

Are you guys ready for the Euro Championship!?

Afellay1.jpg

Embrace the face of the man who will bring the championship to the Dutchies!

squicken

Are you guys ready for the Euro Championship!?

http://www.schwalbeunited.nl/wp-content/uploads/Afellay1.jpg[img]

Embrace the face of the man who will bring the championship to the Dutchies![/QUOTE]

Which teams do the least amount of flopping? I know the southern teams all flop like crazy so no to them

effzee

I think Madden was confirmed for WiiU (I could be wrong about that), but don't expect anything more than a shitty port. I don't think they will do anything more than have the playbook appear on your controller screen. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were even too lazy to put that on it. It would be cool if you could draw up a play on the fly, but I don't think their shitty engine is up to the task.

I guess most of you guys live alone, but the feature of playing games on the controller while someone else uses the TV was the coolest thing about the system. The games appeal to me too because I love platformers, Pikmin and that P-100 game looks brilliant too. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that I like the WiiU concept so much since I loved the DS (my fav console last gen) and this is basically DS on steroids (think of the Packers SB defense).

Well I still hold .01% hope that EA Sports will make the WiiU version this year the premier version. That is if it exists. :(

Come to think if it even if the WiiU is 1.5 or whatever more powerful, it should have the best looking version and since 360 is also introducing tablet controls, EA should really take advantage of the built in tablet to let you draw plays, hot routes, and other pre snap controls. In fact they even showed some of it during the MS conference.

But knowing what I know right now and not believing the HYPE about some secret games, reveals, and conferences I am going to prepare myself to buy Madden on PS3 :(

There's nothing wrong with loving Nintendo games, the issue is that it makes no sense to buy a Wii U unless you're willing to spend hundreds on just first party games...AGAIN. The hardware is once again inferior so no one is going to choose to get the Wii U version of a game when they can get a superior version on the next xbox or PS. It's the Wii all over again. Third parties have not show a willingness to make exclusive games for Nintendo systems and that's a huge problem. It's ridiculous to buy a system just for a handful of first party games over the entire lifespan of a system. If Nintendo cannot get third parties on board in making exclusives, they need to recognize they just don't have what it takes to make it as a hardware developer anymore and go the SEGA route. What does everyone think of when they think Nintendo? Fantastic games, right? Why not just focus on what they do best? The could then concentrate on coming up with new IP's or even pump out more iterations of the classics faster. It just doesn't make any sense to create new hardware when you're consistently behind the technology curve.

That said, I can see why they do it as they have some "innovative" ideas they want to implement like the wii mote last time around. The Wii still sold really well so that supports their effort moving forward into this round. They lost many of their core fans, however and many people are weary of the Wii U as a result. The Wii U will be a nice test to see how they will do going forth. If it fails, they'll hopefully finally get that wake up call. It would be amazing if their failure caused them to go the software only route. Then everyone could get their Nintendo game fix without wasting money or shelf space on a system that would be used for nothing else and on a system of superior technology in either the future Xbox's or PS's, whatever they choose. I want to keep playing Mario and Zelda, but the principle of the matter really gets to me. I regret buying the Wii and money has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Yous points might be valid but why in the world would Nintendo leave the hardware market when even when they finish #3 in sales they sell at a profit and make tons (billions) of dollars off the consoles? While Sony and MS can afford to sell at a loss, Nintendo can't and they have been successfully making money even when their consoles finish dead last (GameCube).

So why would they go the Sega route?

While I am again disappointed the machine isn't as high powered as one would expect from a new system, I do think we are fast approaching a point where the difference in graphics between systems isn't as big a deal as it used to be. And no matter how much better the next MS and Sony consoles will be the difference won't be as bad as the Wii and current HD twins.

And modern GPU and CPU at least allows third parties to port games over, if they chose to. Problem is they might not bother. Judging, again solely on what is shown so far, it doesn't look like they are bothering too much outside of UbiSoft. ZombiU does seem to be a lot fun.

I'm a few hours into Skyward Sword. Longest "intro" phase ever. I'm still getting wordy tutorials about how to wipe my ass or whatever. I can't believe there was one on remembering to breathe... smh. I just want to fuck shit up and explore! Fi is more annoying than Navi by far and I'm only a few hours in.

Also, I've come to realize that I hate the wiimote. Wish I could play this with a GC controller or something.

Keep playing. Trust me!

It was a little slow in the beginning too, though unlike most gamers I don't mind the just walk around talk to people NPC stuff, but when it picks up its amazing. Its shaping up to be my favorite Zelda so far behind MM. And I'm not even finished yet. Getting the first flame right now.

And I thought I would hate the motion controls in it but I think its perfect.

They said during the Nintendo conference that Nintendoland will come with the system. Banner is done with the Eagles, the advisor thing is just Lurie being nice while Banner looks for a new job. He lost the power struggle with Ried/Roseman in the offseason.

SHIIIIIT!

I have been so out of the loop I didn't follow up on the story behind the official Eagles PR which now I realize is pure BS.

So he was basically forced out? I thought him and Howie were butt buddies?

And what struggle? Did he want to fire Reid, but Howie and Lurie vetoed him?

I don't know what it means really because overall I still hold Reid responsible for 95% of the failures over the years BUT ANY CHANGE at this point is welcomed! Maybe, hopefully, Banner was the one holding them back with FA/drafting...and now they can stop stupid shit.

Maybe. I wonder if Reid really is next if they don't at least make it to the SB this season.

Which teams do the least amount of flopping? I know the southern teams all flop like crazy so no to them

They all flop like there is no tomorrow. The Italians, Spaniards are and Portuguese the biggest bitches. Some Dutchies/Germans/English will get 'hurt' too.

I assume the crazy Eastern Europeans will flop the least, so maybe the Russians or the dudes from Croatia.

Edit :
QEta1.jpg

He is...uuuuhhh..chunky with a big manbutt.

Fox318

So none of you have ever bought a game because youl iked the developer?

Would they give you a game for free because they like you?

Closest thing I can compare to you is donating to NPR or purchasing a Giantbomb membership.

But with both of those you can at least always have access to their content.

Although with the way Giantbomb handled the CBSi merger they won't be getting a dime from me after my sub runs out.

SHIIIIIT!

I have been so out of the loop I didn't follow up on the story behind the official Eagles PR which now I realize is pure BS.

I don't know what it means really because overall I still hold Reid responsible for 95% of the failures over the years BUT ANY CHANGE at this point is welcomed! Maybe, hopefully, Banner was the one holding them back with FA/drafting...and now they can stop stupid shit.

Maybe. I wonder if Reid really is next if they don't at least make it to the SB this season.

Yeah he was definitely forced out. Everything I have heard is that he wanted Ried gone, supposedly even a lot of what he said before last year about the Eagles having the most talent was to put pressure on Ried. This offseason Lurie decided to put Roseman in charge of players signing and the draft and that left Banner with nothing to do. Banner even talked about how he no long had any responsibilities with the team starting this offseason. I can see how having less cooks involved could be a good thing, but Banner is by far the best guy at managing the cap in the NFL. I think this will be a big loss.

Would they give you a game for free because they like you?

Closest thing I can compare to you is donating to NPR or purchasing a Giantbomb membership.

But with both of those you can at least always have access to their content.

Although with the way Giantbomb handled the CBSi merger they won't be getting a dime from me after my sub runs out.

What did GB do wrong?

Also I hate being home, pretty awkward being walked in by your sister when you're with a girl. Not a stealth brag because we didn't even fuck after that.

cajunator said:
So none of you have ever bought a game because youl iked the developer?
To actually play the game, yes. To have it wrapped in plastic without a means to play it? No.

I have double dipped on some games to show support for the developer/game on a different platform (i.e. buying the Witcher 2 on the 360 even though I own the PC version) but then I do actually play through it again on that platform...

bionic77

I also am confused at eznark shopping at walmart.

For someone who hates everything I would think that would the last place he would want to be. The only time Walmart is decent is if it is a 24 hour one and you go there at like 3am for a game or something when no one else is there. Otherwise just go to a Target or something with less mutants or better yet get it from Amazon (prime is da shit).

squicken

For someone who hates everything I would think that would the last place he would want to be. The only time Walmart is decent is if it is a 24 hour one and you go there at like 3am for a game or something when no one else is there. Otherwise just go to a Target or something with less mutants or better yet get it from Amazon (prime is da shit).

Aren't you a secular humanist? Shouldn't you have more love and compassion for the lower classes? ez hunts poors for sport on his compound but at least he interacts with them

bionic77

Well I still hold .01% hope that EA Sports will make the WiiU version this year the premier version. That is if it exists. :(

Come to think if it even if the WiiU is 1.5 or whatever more powerful, it should have the best looking version and since 360 is also introducing tablet controls, EA should really take advantage of the built in tablet to let you draw plays, hot routes, and other pre snap controls. In fact they even showed some of it during the MS conference.

But knowing what I know right now and not believing the HYPE about some secret games, reveals, and conferences I am going to prepare myself to buy Madden on PS3 :(

Yous points might be valid but why in the world would Nintendo leave the hardware market when even when they finish #3 in sales they sell at a profit and make tons (billions) of dollars off the consoles? While Sony and MS can afford to sell at a loss, Nintendo can't and they have been successfully making money even when their consoles finish dead last (GameCube).

So why would they go the Sega route?

While I am again disappointed the machine isn't as high powered as one would expect from a new system, I do think we are fast approaching a point where the difference in graphics between systems isn't as big a deal as it used to be. And no matter how much better the next MS and Sony consoles will be the difference won't be as bad as the Wii and current HD twins.

And modern GPU and CPU at least allows third parties to port games over, if they chose to. Problem is they might not bother. Judging, again solely on what is shown so far, it doesn't look like they are bothering too much outside of UbiSoft. ZombiU does seem to be a lot fun.

Keep playing. Trust me!

It was a little slow in the beginning too, though unlike most gamers I don't mind the just walk around talk to people NPC stuff, but when it picks up its amazing. Its shaping up to be my favorite Zelda so far behind MM. And I'm not even finished yet. Getting the first flame right now.

And I thought I would hate the motion controls in it but I think its perfect.

SHIIIIIT!

Dude just make it easy on yourself and prepare for $60 PS3 version. There is no way in hell that the Wii U version is going to be anything other than a rushed port job.

You are in for a treat on Skyward Sword. Except for some horrible Rare N64 type item collecting that game was really good. I loved the sword fighting. I think anyone that favors a button over that is a crazier than FMT after a Niners win. The intro was hella long though. Man I can't believe that was the last game I have played.

:lol I still have like 3 PS3 games and Xenoblade unopened and just sitting in my room. I am dumber than a Bungles fan who thinks they will contend for the division considering all the times I buy these game at full price and never play them...

Fox318

What did GB do wrong?

Also I hate being home, pretty awkward being walked in by your sister when you're with a girl. Not a stealth brag because we didn't even fuck after that.

Just a complete change in the content quality and a lack of it. Not to mention the fact that they were selling memberships to 5 sites which in the later days of Whiskey media was really starting to show that they were either understaffed or didn't really do much. AnimeVice might as well have been dead, Tested quality started dropping once the stopped producing video content, Screened was actually great with Rorie but I'm not a huge fan of Navarro(and since 98% of the content that comes out of Giantbomb is from him..you get the idea).

And if they are having problems producing content thats fine but don't expect me to enjoy paying money for it. They should have given all of their members 3 free months of their "premium" membership. Or offered refunds to people who ordered it for sites other than Giantbomb/ComicVine.

Wal-Mart is the ultimate ego boost. Everyone is uglier, fatter, and poorer than you could ever try to be. No matter who you are or where your life is you can always walk into a Wal-Mart and say: "Shit, at least I'm doing better than these people."

Top Bottom