• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Striker

I read on BBI that the Eagles were dropping their wide-9 defense. Supposedly Sal Palantonio mentioned it on somebody's show.

Wonder how long it takes for Babin to become a third-down rusher or benched, since now he'll most likely have to fend off blockers and engage in run defense.

I read on BBI that the Eagles were dropping their wide-9 defense. Supposedly Sal Palantonio mentioned it on somebody's show.

Wonder how long it takes for Babin to become a third-down rusher or benched, since now he'll most likely have to fend off blockers and engage in run defense.

So hilarious watching gore tear that defense up because of the wide 9

My arguments against Jordan were so powerful that I drove Loki (poster at NBA-age) away from this place and made DM into a T-Mac fan.

Lets not rehash those arguments. Not that it is an argument. The facts show that Jordan was a fraud. And bald. And alone. No wonder they stopped those If I could be like Mike ads...

You called my taste into question? :jnc

effzee

Would make no sense to do so now that they actually picked up one proven LB and on promising rookie. They also beefed up the Dline quite a bit through the draft.

Its not that I love the wide 9, its just that I never thought we had the personnel for it last year. And if they get rid of it why keep Washburn? He was brought in just for that. Did Juan Castillo finally assert himself and come up with a scheme all by himself?

effzee

So hilarious watching gore tear that defense up because of the wide 9

I give the Niners props and all but you guys didn't tear shit up. Eagles run D is consistently week year in and out. You guys needed 2 missed FGs and a fumble by Maclin to win it. Also Ronnie Brown.

EDIT: Striker where did you read about the Wide9? I just checked the Eagles board where unfortunately all the crazy of the craziest rumors are posted and I didn't see it there.

Oh btw Eagles made a partnership with Angry Birds. GET IT??!?!?! HAHAHAH

SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!

brentech

Man, MLB The Show on vita is ridiculously good looking. Basically looks just like the last version of the game I had for PS3, Show 08 (haven't really payed attention to the newer versions since on PS3)

Been a long time since I owned, let alone played a handheld, so still getting used to playing on this thing.

edit: Oh, and I just found there is a 'King Slayer' trophy for the game. Love it

eznark

Banned
Man, MLB The Show on vita is ridiculously good looking. Basically looks just like the last version of the game I had for PS3, Show 08 (haven't really payed attention to the newer versions since on PS3).

No

It's basically last years PSP game. Ps3? Lol.

brentech

As I said, 08. It's been a long time since I played the game...

I don't remember that many extra details in the 08 PS3 version of the game. Crowd still looks jacked up. I'm not saying I'm not a little off, but from what I remember of it, this isn't far off.

I give the Niners props and all but you guys didn't tear shit up. Eagles run D is consistently week year in and out. You guys needed 2 missed FGs and a fumble by Maclin to win it. Also Ronnie Brown.

EDIT: Striker where did you read about the Wide9? I just checked the Eagles board where unfortunately all the crazy of the craziest rumors are posted and I didn't see it there.

SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!

Motherfucker we had 2 missed fgs in that game too. And Justin smith caused that fumble with hustle! Eagles would be lucky to have a defensive player like him.

I will give you Ronnie brown though. Most hilarious play of the year

Fox318

SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!

E0al1.jpg

squicken

Damn that is just rude.

And Justin Smith chasing down Maclin is one of the plays of the year. l-o-l at using that as an excuse like Maclin just dropped the ball or something

Striker

The Giants were stupid for trying to free up a spot on their 90 man roster. They really needed that 90th guy over making sure Ballard stayed with the team?
I'm not overly worried. Loved Ballard's tough play and attitude, but his knee is fucked. Who knows if he'll be the same. And he was a replaceable player - the Giants lose Shockey, people wonder who they plug in next. Here comes 5th round pick Kevin Boss, fills in fine. Boss gets some concussions and runs to the biggest contract offer he gets, bolts to Oakland. What will Reese and Co. do now? Enter unknown, undrafted Jake Ballard, who gets 600 plus yards. Repeat the cycle.

Hopefully Bennett can be a capable receiver, though. Ballard was slow as molasses, but he was fairly sure-handed. At least we know he excels in blocking. Travis Beckum supposedly is recovering nicely - he was coming on toward the end.

The Giants were stupid for trying to free up a spot on their 90 man roster. They really needed that 90th guy over making sure Ballard stayed with the team?

It suck losing Ballard but he had ACL and Reconstructive knee surgery, he has a long way to go, BB just being a PoS loser...

squicken

Well if he's not that big a piece then I guess it's no loss. Though I wouldn't totally discount BB's eye. The guy has won 3 SBs and lost 2 others in a 12 year span as a coach and GM. They are basically as dominant as The Cowboys from the 70s. Takes more than a little cheating to have that kind of success.

Well if he's not that big a piece then I guess it's no loss. Though I wouldn't totally discount BB's eye. The guy has won 3 SBs and lost 2 others in a 12 year span as a coach and GM. They are basically as dominant as The Cowboys from the 70s. Takes more than a little cheating to have that kind of success.

Yup, takes alot of cheating

BigAT

Those Haynesworth and Chad Johnson trades Belichick manged to pulled off last offseason sure were impressive.

The whole point was the Pats have like 2 amazing TEs and didn't they draft 1-2 good ones? There was no need for them to claim Ballard except be massive dicks.

squicken

It really is remarkable all things considered that they keep winning 11 or so games with a god awful defense.

The great teams always seem to have the good fortune of playing in bad divisions. The Colts had the AFCS with TEN and occasionally JAX showing any competency. The Patriots' division has almost always sucked. 49ers in the 80s had . . . Chris Everett and the LA Rams? Dallas in 70s played against a very bad NFCE. Steelers in the 70s really only had the Oilers in the late 70s.

It helps when you always get a few free wins and an automatic playoff berth b/c of your shitty division. The Ravens/Steelers dynamic has really helped NE imo, just as the 80s Lakers got the benefit of the much more difficult NBA East

Nameless

Granted it's not even training camp but I'm encouraged by Alexander. So much of being successful at the QB position comes from being completely familiar & comfortable with your system. Aside from being surrounded by more talent than any other point in his career, Smith has never had this type of continuity with an offense. I'm expecting him to make another leap this year.

Colasante

The whole point was the Pats have like 2 amazing TEs and didn't they draft 1-2 good ones? There was no need for them to claim Ballard except be massive dicks.

He's extremely cheap and was a good player. He won't be competing against Gronkowski and Hernandez when he's healthy- he'll be competing with Daniel Fells for the 3rd TE spot. They claimed him because he was a good, affordable player on the market. It's that simple.

Top Bottom