• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Mike Mularkey had a good 13-3 Steelers team in his rookie season as an o-coordinator and has ridden that success into multiple head coaching positions. It's mind blowing.

That at least explains the first hiring. But conspiracy theorists who think the Jags owner is tanking the team to move them to LA have a lot of material with picking up Mularkey. Especially when he's back to the old QB indecision bullshit.

Tamanon

Banned
That at least explains the first hiring. But conspiracy theorists who think the Jags owner is tanking the team to move them to LA have a lot of material with picking up Mularkey. Especially when he's back to the old QB indecision bullshit.

If they wanted to tank, they'd just keep Gabbert the starter period.

Starting playing tonight. I'll never be able to keep up with some of my friends, so I'm just going to pace myself and enjoy it a little bit at a time, solo. Pretty good so far.

Same here. I'll probably play with my brother, who really only plays games on Friday nights. He didn't even realize it was out today; I just reminded him and sent him one of my guest passes.

Other than that, I'll take my time. I don't have a ton of gaming time these days anyways. Between this and Skyrim I'll be golden for quite a while.

Diablow servers, gotta love em

Haven't tried to play it online, and I imagine that for the first few weeks they'll be getting hammered. Reminds me of how shitty MW3 was at launch. Of course that game was an utter pile of dogshit anyway, so maybe they should have just kept the servers off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
2010 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl ring sold to pawnshop:

Tuesday, Pawn America sent a tweet and picture of a 2010 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl ring in its possession, causing a stir among Packers fans who wanted to know the seller.

"This is probably our coolest piece at Pawn America Appleton!" the pawn shop wrote on Twitter, the micro-blogging social media site. "An authenticated 2010 Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Ring!"

An attached photo shows the face of the diamond-encrusted ring in a ring box, but not the name on the side. It has the center G, four diamond footballs in the corners and reads "World Champions."

"Sad. I want it," tweeted Dina Czarapata.

The ring would probably fit her.

"It's not a player's ring. It's a staff ring and it fits a female hand," said Dominic Volpe, one of the managers at the Pawn America pawn shop/retail store in Grand Chute, Wis.

The Packers organization made Super Bowl rings for all the players, plus every full-time employee and member of the board of directors.

Volpe said the ring has the name "Pace" on the side. Certification paperwork lists the seller as Sarah Pace. On the Packers website, Pace is listed as "Atrium Operations Lead" under Front Office staff.

Pace did not return a call Tuesday asking why she sold her piece of Packers history.

Despite the fact the Super Bowl sparkler is not a player's ring, it's getting a lot of attention in the store.

"It's a customer grabber," Volpe said. "It's the first thing you see in the high-value jewelry cabinet. You rarely see things like you see on Pawn Stars, rare jewelry like that. This is one of those pieces. Most people think it's a player's ring and want to know, 'Where'd you get that?' "

Volpe said the ring wasn't pawned, but rather was sold outright.

"We have quite a few people interested in it," he said.

Interested buyers should be prepared to shell out $9,999, plus 5% tax.

"It would be worth well more than $10,000 if it was a player's ring," Volpe said.

It's rare to find Super Bowl rings for sale, according to a Green Bay Press-Gazette story last year. It said Paul Hornung's Super Bowl I ring sold for about $40,000 in 2002. Offensive lineman Steve Wright sold his Super Bowl I ring for $73,409 last May. Elijah Pitts' Super Bowl II ring once sold for approximately $30,000, although the diamonds in that ring were replaced with fakes.

In August, Fuzzy Thurston's Super Bowl II ring was auctioned to pay back taxes. It fetched more than $50,000.

eznark

Banned
Haven't tried to play it online, and I imagine that for the first few weeks they'll be getting hammered. Reminds me of how shitty MW3 was at launch. Of course that game was an utter pile of dogshit anyway, so maybe they should have just kept the servers off.

So, you haven't played it yet then? There is no offline play. It's impossible to play right now.

Godslay

Banned
So, you haven't played it yet then? There is no offline play. It's impossible to play right now.

Must depend on the servers. I was able to play it for an hour or so tonight. Although I did experience some of the lag spikes they were talking about. Other than that it was smooth.

eznark

Banned
You can't even do that right now. Impossible to log in.

Must depend on the servers. I was able to play it for an hour or so tonight. Although I did experience some of the lag spikes they were talking about. Other than that it was smooth.

Servers in American and Europe have been down for about 30 minutes.

eznark said:
I was booted about 5-10 minutes ago so they were up until just recently. I got about 3 hours of no issues play until it died. I was getting right to some really good shit too!:(

AngmarsKing701 said:
Okay, I was playing it solo in a private game then.
Doesn't matter. The game is online all the time. You can't connect to battle.net, you can't play it period.

EDIT: Can't even authenticate. Fuck it, back to the Witcher 2...

Godslay

Banned
You can't even do that right now. Impossible to log in.

It's too bad that they have to tie the single player with internet connectivity. Although I can see where they are coming from by protecting the game in terms of loot and preventing cheating.

eznark

Banned
I was booted about 5-10 minutes ago so they were up until just recently. I got about 3 hours of no issues play until it died. I was getting right to some really good shit too!:(

Doesn't matter. The game is online all the time. You can't connect to battle.net, you can't play it period.

EDIT: Can't even authenticate. Fuck it, back to the Witcher 2...

Blizzard is doing you a huge favor!

And yeah, I got dc'd about 30 minutes ago but I was playing with Bob and he just got disconnected a couple minutes ago.

snesfreak

Banned
I've abandoned gaming.

I play Words With Friends and the daily tournaments on HSG.
image.php

I'll grab Witcher 2 for the 360 at some point. I'm so invested in Skyrim on the 360 that my backlog is just getting worse and worse there. Doesn't help that having to get my ass into the office every day is having a severe impact on my gaming time.

Drakeon

If they wanted to tank, they'd just keep Gabbert the starter period.

Was Gabbert the worst starting QB in the league last year? I didn't see many jags games, but he sure seemed like the worst. That is, excluding back ups (aka Caleb Hanie).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That damn Max Payne doesn't release on the pc for two more weeks. That should give me time to complete the 'on-line single player' portion of Diablo.

Top Bottom