• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Was Gabbert the worst starting QB in the league last year? I didn't see many jags games, but he sure seemed like the worst. That is, excluding back ups (aka Caleb Hanie).

He was pretty bad but he had a bad situation going in. Very young spread quarterback and a wide receiver coach for a QB coach. You could see it in his first game were they dropped the center to QB exchange like 3 times. Then a head coach that's fighting for his job, owners selling team, wide receivers sucked, etc. I'd wait until this year to judge him. He'd have to show improvement to keep the starting job and it won't be hard to improve over last year.

Striker

Giants signed WR Brandon Collins instead. He played ball at Texas until getting kicked off the team (they have couple others who've had off-the-field problems that caused them kicked off their respective program and be undrafted).

Slo

Should I buy Diablo III?

Edit: More specifically, if I can only play for an hour at a time, at most 1-2 times a week, is it worth it for me?

brentech

Should I buy Diablo III?

Edit: More specifically, if I can only play for an hour at a time, at most 1-2 times a week, is it worth it for me?
If you're into that kind of thing and as long as you continue to play it, I don't see why not. Still lasts the same amount of time.

Giants get their ring this week. The team tweeted out the "official" picture (which really isn't all that different from the leaked version). The ring has "All In" and "Finish" inscribed on the interior. Both were "themes" Coughlin and the team parroted all season long.

AtBZD8qCQAI3iG4.jpg

Nothing showing the ring on anyones finger to gauge size though.

Cagey

Banned
Giants get their ring this week. The team tweeted out the "official" picture (which really isn't all that different from the leaked version). The ring has "All In" and "Finish" inscribed on the interior. Both were "themes" the team Coughlin and the team parroted all season long.

AtBZD8qCQAI3iG4.jpg

Damn thing's gorgeous. I eagerly await the updated Rolle Gear shirts with the accurate SB ring on his finger.

Giants get their ring this week. The team tweeted out the "official" picture (which really isn't all that different from the leaked version). The ring has "All In" and "Finish" inscribed on the interior. Both were "themes" Coughlin and the team parroted all season long.

AtBZD8qCQAI3iG4.jpg

Not a fan of the shape at all. looks pretty ugly but I guess it depends how it looks on a hand.

jakncoke

Banned
63oWI.jpg

This reminds me of the time I went to the cleveland zoo and some 400 pound white dude was a rocking a Indians tattoo on his fat middle aged head.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of shitty drivers, isn't it against the law for truck drivers to go side by side on freeways. I swear without fail this happens daily when driving to work. slowing me down

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Alex Smith improved throwing mechanics during offseason:

This is a rare offseason for Smith. This is just the second time in eight NFL seasons that he is not learning a new playbook this time of year. He does not have to devote every ounce of football work on mastering the offense -- not only his assignments, mind you, but the responsibilities of his 10 teammates, as well.

So, now, Smith has more time to work on his mechanics.

Smith said he fell into some bad mechanical habits after a shoulder injury and subsequent surgeries limited him to just three fully healthy games in 2007 and 2008. And as we can see, it's not just the upper body that needed help.

In the "before" picture, taken last season on the left, we see how Smith would get very little drive from his hips and lower body. He seemed to be throwing "all arm." In the "after” photo, which was snapped this week during the 49ers' "football school," Smith's shoulders are square, there's more drive from his hips and back leg.

The most noticeable difference is that Smith also has greater flex in his left knee.ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski, speaking in December, repeated what he has said since 2007: Smith's knee lock was a major issue.

"I still think that knee lock causes him some problems with his accuracy," Jaworski said prior to the 49ers' Monday night game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. "I think it's a detriment to quarterbacks when they don't have that flexed knee and a cushion."

Before/After

jxutA.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
Shouldn't something like that been worked out in say his rookie season? lol. nothing like correcting a mistake like that when you're a fucking near 10 year vet of the league. talk about mismanagement

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This feels like an Onion article. It took him nearly a decade to realize this?

5 seasons actually, as it was the injuries that altered his throwing mechanics the most. Not that the stellar coaching staff in place at those times would have tried to help as they'd rather look at alternatives like Dorsey, JTO, or Carr.

Top Bottom