• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Kyle Williams.

kyle-williams.jpg

he's aight

The gametrailers review turned me off a bit...

Hmmm, yeah that's not a great review. I'll wait it out a little bit, check some other reviews and then decide, I've heard a lot more positive things than negatives up until this point.

Edit: It looks so purdy though.

RBH

The New Orleans Saints will honor Sean Payton this season by leaving an empty seat for the suspended head coach in their locker room and on team buses and planes.

Joe McKnight: McDonald's reason I gained 16 pounds

New York Jets running back Joe McKnight's introduction to the NFL was not a pretty one. He threw up and cramped up throughout his rookie minicamp in 2010.

It didn't get much better when he failed the team's conditioning test at training camp later that summer and was the subject of a lot of grousing by Jets coaches during that season's edition of HBO's "Hard Knocks".

It appeared that McKnight matured in his second season. He certainly was a bigger factor on the field -- especially kick returns. Now McKnight is simply just bigger.

McKnight told the New York Daily News he gained 16 pounds this offseason by eating a "lot of McDonald's." The Super Size Me diet apparently doesn't work well for NFL players.

"I was eating healthy, but the majority of time I was eating bad. I wasn't eating all the right stuff. ... Like Tim Tebow," McKnight said.

It's nice to see that Tebow is already providing a nutritional beacon of hope for guys like McKnight. Meanwhile, the Jets might want to think about getting more running back depth behind Shonn Greene.

Oh you Jets.

Milchjon

The fact that they completely went away from everything that made the previous games good should've turned you away from it.

Well, the previews actually looked like they preserved a lot of the old stuff. But the review squashed that hope. I loved MP2 so much...

Steve Weatherford (Giants punter) is hilarious and a bit of wierdo. He posted a shot of his new suit that he's wearing to the Giants ring ceremony tonight.

79531e6c9f9e11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

wienke said:
Oh and Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Why anyone even gives a shit about this game after the garbage that was FFXIII, I don't know.

I may just be biased though. Final Fantasy has been shit for a long long time, IMO.

Trey

I hadn't thought about it until today...but the Bills defensive line is pretty good (on paper). Holy shit, it feels weird to say that.

Talon

Final Fantasy XII was good...mostly because it was completely different than any of the recent Final Fantasy games. More like a cross between FFXI and Vagrant Story without a pithy romance.

In fact, I think the focus on political maneuvering over childish romance made it substantially better.

Talon- said:
Final Fantasy XII was good
It was /ok/ for me. It's actually one of the few I don't mind in these last two generations mainly because I enjoyed the combat system despite it being very easy to break. That was part of the fun for me though.

I hated Final Fantasy X. A game that gets manchild orgasm levels of love from the gaming community. Something I don't understand but I think the JRPG genre in general passed me by a long time ago. Some of the Tales games are good and I wouldn't ming trying Xenoblade if it wasn't for the fact that I got rid of my Wii last year and really don't miss it one iota. /ducks as snes throws something

Why anyone even gives a shit about this game after the garbage that was FFXIII, I don't know.

I may just be biased though. Final Fantasy has been shit for a long long time, IMO.

You clearly haven't seen anything on Versus. It's absolutely nothing like XIII and it's made by a completely different team. They really need to change the title. Hype +1000 for versus.

Squall ASF said:
You clearly haven't seen anything on Versus.
You're right. Cause I don't care.;) (hence the bias!)

More seriously though, JRPG's haven't appealed to me in a major way since the SNES days. I had the big hype for FFVII and I played FFVIII as well and by that point it had just lost me. I've always gravitated more towards the western RPG front. I lived and breathed the Baldur's Gate I and II's, Planescape Torments, Icewind Dales, Fallout 1 &2 etc. type games and stuff like Witcher 2 is like catnip to me.

Talon

It was /ok/ for me. It's actually one of the few I don't mind in these last two generations. I hated Final Fantasy X. A game that gets manchild orgasm levels of love from the gaming community. Something I don't understand but I think the JRPG genre in general passed me by a long time ago.

Some of the Tales games are good though and I wouldn't ming trying Xenoblade if it wasn't for the fact that I got rid of my Wii last year and really don't miss it one iota. /ducks as snes throws something
It was a flawed but good game. It's a bummer that it ran into development issues because it could have been great.

But, yes, I don't get the FFX love either. Found the entire game cringeworthy.

"MY OLD MAN?!"

snesfreak

Banned
It was /ok/ for me. It's actually one of the few I don't mind in these last two generations. I hated Final Fantasy X. A game that gets manchild orgasm levels of love from the gaming community. Something I don't understand but I think the JRPG genre in general passed me by a long time ago.

Some of the Tales games are good though and I wouldn't ming trying Xenoblade if it wasn't for the fact that I got rid of my Wii last year and really don't miss it one iota. /ducks as snes throws something
I'd say use Dolphin but you'd need a Wii to get the game on your PC, and a PC capable of running it.

Ænima

Final Fantasy XII was good...mostly because it was completely different than any of the recent Final Fantasy games. More like a cross between FFXI and Vagrant Story without a pithy romance.

In fact, I think the focus on political maneuvering over childish romance made it substantially better.
I really couldn't stand the combat system in FFXII though. The whole thing just felt like one giant grindfest to me.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It was a flawed but good game. It's a bummer that it ran into development issues because it could have been great.

But, yes, I don't get the FFX love either. Found the entire game cringeworthy.

"MY OLD MAN?!"

You don't get it! The laugh was SUPPOSED to be awkward gaijin! - Most of gaming side.

Shit game was shit. It only looks less shitty because it was on new hardware and the games since have actually gotten worse. (FFXII was really good for the first half though)

snesfreak said:
I'd say use Dolphin but you'd need a Wii to get the game on your PC, and a PC capable of running it.
My rig:

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
8GB RAM
120GB SSD OS Drive
1 TB WD Caviar Black Data Drive
GTX 680 2GB

What all is entailed in getting Dolphin running? Any walkthroughs? I can borrow a Wii worst case.

Ænima said:
I really couldn't stand the combat system in FFXII though. The whole thing just felt like one giant grindfest to me.
The scripting setup in the game made it ridiculously easy though. It's part of what I enjoyed it about it. Like I said, it could be broken with the right combinations to the point where you're taking down big bosses very quicky.

Top Bottom