• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My rig:

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
8GB RAM
120GB SSD OS Drive
1 TB WD Caviar Black Data Drive
GTX 680 2GB

What all is entailed in getting Dolphin running? Any walkthroughs? I can borrow a Wii worst case.

That's good enough for Dolphin. In involves some steps, but nothing an idiot couldn't figure out. Just search the Dolphin thread on gaming side, it's got everything you need in the OP.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I loved Final Fantasy X and X-2.

I hated XII no matter how much I tried to like it. Storytube XIII was okay for what it was...I guess.

Yeah was just looking at it. Seems easy enough. I got PCSX 2 running pretty easily so I could play some high resolution PS2 Silent Hill 2 recently (since the HD collection sucked balls and the PC version is a mess) so this doesn't seem anymore complicated.

Thanks again, guys.

Talon

Ænima;37939600 said:
I really couldn't stand the combat system in FFXII though. The whole thing just felt like one giant grindfest to me.
Yeah, like Void said, it made the combat easier. I preferred it to pressing X, X, X, X, X, X, X, etc. in any other FF game with random encounters.

When you did get to bosses, you could take the time to script out a proper strategy with your tanks drawing attention, buffing, setting up autoheals, etc. It wasn't everyone's cup of tea, I admit, but it was a nice balance between having options and not boring you to tears.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah was just looking at it. Seems easy enough. I got PCSX 2 running pretty easily so I could play some high resolution PS2 Silent Hill 2 recently (since the HD collection sucked balls and the PC version is a mess) so this doesn't seem anymore complicated.

Thanks again, guys.

Dolphin's pretty easy to setup, you'll need to just find the right build to use for Xenoblade since a specific one works best in terms of performance and audio. The later pages of the Dolphin thread should have a post I made that links to the suggested build.

Also, if you got rid of your Wii it won't be very easy ripping ISOs of your game discs since only a small handful of optical drives are capable of it. If you have access to a Wii, getting homebrew setup on it is a snap.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I love how the fans would kill for a VII remake but Square-Enix won't make it and instead they made a movie sequel.

Fans would kill for a Kingdom Hearts 3 but it's not even known to be in production and we get all these minor entry titles instead across 7 different systems.

Fans would kill for another entry in the Chrono series but they "can't get the gang together so it'll never happen".

Has there ever been a publisher that was as ridiculously as arrogant as Square-Enix?

WanderingWind

I love how the fans would kill for a VII remake but Square-Enix won't make it and instead they made a movie sequel.

Fans would kill for a Kingdom Hearts 3 but it's not even known to be in production and we get all these minor entry titles instead across 7 different systems.

Fans would kill for another entry in the Chrono series but they "can't get the gang together so it'll never happen".

Has there ever been a publisher that was as ridiculously as arrogant as Square-Enix?

Don't forget the fact that they've remade pretty much every Final Fantasy with the EXCEPTION of FFVI, including the new HD FFX.

Square-Enix hates critical and financial love.

BigAT

AtDMII8CMAEfSO4.jpg

#swag

The New Orleans Saints will honor Sean Payton this season by leaving an empty seat for the suspended head coach in their locker room and on team buses and planes.

Anyone know if they'll refuse to shit in the stall he normally uses?

Silkworm

Anyone know if they'll refuse to shit in the stall he normally uses?

Will they also hold an empty seat for Brees while he sits at home waiting for contract negotiations to be completed as the NFL season starts and the Saints sink into a dark pit of prior ineptitude? It likely won't come to that but I just want some good news to come out of the Saints camp instead of this seemingly constant stream of negativite news *sigh* Looking forward to the NFL 2013 season :-\

brentech

Damn, why can't people get a properly tailored suit that doesn't fit like you're in the mob....What's up with the baggy legs and the sags around the arms. That's far from swag, that's looking like a 15yo.

I can buy a better fitting suit off the rack at H&M.

I wonder if the fine folk of Milledgeville refuse to shit in the stall that Ben Roethlisberger normally uses.

I'm pretty sure the yellow tape has been pulled down by now. But one never knows. This is the USA. The owner probably has the stall cordoned off and is charging visitors $5 to whiz in the stall where Big Ben allegedly sexually assaulted another patron.

Damn, why can't people get a properly tailored suit that doesn't fit like you're in the mob....What's up with the baggy legs and the sags around the arms. That's far from swag, that's looking like a 15yo.

I can buy a better fitting suit off the rack at H&M.

Those shoes are godawful too. What the fuck was he thinking when he put those on with that suit?

That's clearly the anti-swag.

Of course he is a demon-killer, so he can wear what he wants and be blessed by all of us for eternity.

:jnc
I actually had a Tandy TRS-80 in the 80s, I feel old just thinking about it.

Goddammit I programmed a game on that thing with a friend of mine. It was based on "The Fall Guy" (remember that show with Lee Majors)? It was all "peeks" and "pokes" to move the truck across the screen.

Jesus you're making me feel old you bastard.

Edit: By the way, Heather Thomas was in that show.
images

hhhhnnnnggggghhhhh

RBH

Drew Brees says his contract negotiations with the New Orleans Saints have become "extremely frustrating."

The Saints placed the exclusive rights franchise tag on Brees in March and the sides have until July 16 to hammer out a long-term extension. The contract talks have loomed all offseason, but have taken on even greater significance in the light of the NFL's bounty investigation which cost the Saints draft picks, thousands of dollars in fines and got several coaches and players suspended, including head coach Sean Payton's yearlong ban.

Brees said Wednesday in an interview with WWL radio in New Orleans that he doesn't know why the sides haven't been able to work out a deal yet.

"It's been extremely frustrating for me," Brees said. "I don't think the negotiation should have been this difficult."

Brees, who has not attended the team's offseason program, says he's committed to getting a deal done, but is frustrated by what he perceives to be a lack of communication from the team.

"We've reached out on a number of occasions and at times I've been frustrated by the lack of response," Brees said, according to Pro Football Talk.

The reigning AP Offensive Player of the Year said he doesn't sense the "urgency" from the Saints he believes should be there.

"This is a big time for our team, especially when you look at what's happened in this offseason, missing our head coach, Sean Payton," Brees told WWL, according to Pro Football Talk. "There should be a sense of urgency and yet it seems like there's not."

Saints owner Tom Benson has said the sides were close to a long-term deal, but a person familiar with the negotiations told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on May 2 that was not the case.

According to Pro Football Talk, Brees, who led the Saints to the franchise's only Super Bowl title, said Wednesday the Saints have yet to offer him an acceptable deal.

"Maybe not as close as people would be led to believe," Brees said, according to Pro Football Talk. "I would say that the numbers that have been thrown around by ESPN and some of these other places, at times, have been pretty heavily inflated."

Brees said he wants to retire as a member of the Saints and understands that contract talks are always a "process."

The six-time Pro Bowler said he's done everything that's been asked of him since joining the Saints in 2006 and is simply looking for fair market value.

"I think there's certainly what I think would be an appropriate, I guess, [salary] number for my situation," said Brees, who broke Dan Marino's single-season passing yards record last season, throwing for 5,476 yards and 46 touchdowns. "It's not I think anything that's unreasonable or anything like that. I'd say there's a lot that goes into these negotiations ... it's not as simple as what people might think. There are a lot of things to consider, a lot to talk about."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...alks-new-orleans-saints-extremely-frustrating

WanderingWind

Come to Buffalo Drew! You're clearly the only QB on the intellectual level of Fitzmagic, so it's perfect! We'll even let you throw all them garbage yards like you want!

Top Bottom