• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

qHDaL.jpg

you heard him and harbs. ball didn't touch his knee bruh, refs screw us again

bionic77

1. alex did throw a td pass his rookie year
2. alex was drafted onto a 2-14 team. those 2 wins came against the cards... in overtime.
3. alex smith has been benched once, and it was in 2010.
4. alex smith has played in 4 total seasons. he was injured in 2007 missing most of the season and was out for all of 2008.
5. mike nolan was almost as bad as mike singletary
6. as i said all along, and as has already been proven, all alex needed was a real coach. and look what happens!
7. when did you laugh at the niners last season? when alex and our D was styling on you without our best player (patrick willis)?
How many TD passes and how many games his rookie year? For some reason I thought he had zero.

Someone post the stats so we can all have a good laugh.

:jnc

I guess he needed better coaching to explain to him that he should stop giving the ball away.

yeah, a 20 year old rookie who played 2 years in college in a spread offense gets thrown onto a team with absolutely no talent (ESPECIALLY on offense). what could go wrong!?

the honest assessment on alex in that first year is that he was horrible, just as our entire team was. kevan barlow was our starting HB, johnnie morton, curtis conway, brandon lloyd and cedric wilson were our receivers. revolving door offensive line. i know in this league you are what you are, but we were honestly lucky to win 4 games that year.

THEN the next year comes, we finally promote frank gore to starting RB, we pick up a decent coordinator in norv turner, we draft vernon davis and add another receiver (antonio bryant, not great but ok for the time) and MAGICALLY we get to 7-9 and alex has an ok season (16 td's).

then norv leaves the next year at the last minute, nolan has no fucking clue what to do, promotes hostler who has no experience as a coordinator, and the rest is history! but like the phoenix, alex is risen from the ashes and will be named superbowl MVP this year

snesfreak

Banned
yeah, a 20 year old rookie who played 2 years in college in a spread offense gets thrown onto a team with absolutely no talent (ESPECIALLY on offense). what could go wrong!?

the honest assessment on alex in that first year is that he was horrible, just as our entire team was. kevan barlow was our starting HB, johnnie morton, curtis conway, brandon lloyd and cedric wilson were our receivers. revolving door offensive line. i know in this league you are what you are, but we were honestly lucky to win 4 games that year.

THEN the next year comes, we finally promote frank gore to starting RB, we pick up a decent coordinator in norv turner, we draft vernon davis and add another receiver (antonio bryant, not great but ok for the time) and MAGICALLY we get to 7-9 and alex has an ok season (16 td's).

then norv leaves the next year at the last minute, nolan has no fucking clue what to do, promotes hostler who has no experience as a coordinator, and the rest is history! but like the phoenix, alex is risen from the ashes and will be named superbowl MVP this year
:jnc

FMT you are the king of excuses!

No amount of excuses makes up for that shitstain of a career.

i said from the beginning he needed a stable coach to succeed. hell, urban meyer said that when he was drafted! and look what happens when he gets one.... 13-3, nfc championship in a lockout shortened season!

no excuses needed here! i have been proven correct again and again!

FMT is in serious denial.

All Alex ever needed to be average was a good coach, great defense, legendary punter, great running back and a game plan so simple that even T Thomas from the Broncos could understand it!

you mean D Thomas? the guy who beat you in the playoffs? lulz.

incredible that the steelers lost to a full back playing QB and a WR who has never run a designed route in his life. but i guess it shouldn't really surprise me, the steelers don't really have coaches on their team, just the puppet master owners

bionic77

you mean D Thomas? the guy who beat you in the playoffs? lulz.

incredible that the steelers lost to a full back playing QB and a WR who has never run a designed route in his life. but i guess it shouldn't really surprise me, the steelers don't really have coaches on their team, just the puppet master owners
What would you know about good coaching or championship football? Your last 3 coaches have been known for the following: their suits, underpants, and handshakes. Notice none of them were noticed for winning anything. Our last 3 coaches are known for winning SBs.

Maybe if your owner wasnt a retard your team might get pro level coaches.

What would you know about good coaching or championship football? Your last 3 coaches have been known for the following: their suits, underpants, and handshakes. Notice none of them were noticed for winning anything. Our last 3 coaches are known for winning SBs.

Maybe if your owner wasnt a retard your team might get pro level coaches.

what would i know about coaching? oh i don't know, bill walsh and jim harbaugh being the 2 greatest coaches of the past 30 years? harbaugh is known for his iron grip which occurred after he won a game.

what are steelers coaches known for?

1. quitting on their team (bill cowher)
2. being a puppet for corrupt owners and having no control over who his assistants are (mike tomlin)

:jnc @ Harbaugh being great.

hope you're talking about john, cause jim already pushed the steelers shit in and will do it again in 4 years. notice i didn't say the superbowl because despite the fact that we will be participating in multiple superbowls in the coming years, the steelers probably won't even sniff the playoffs, let alone making it to the superbowl

JABEE

hope you're talking about john, cause jim already pushed the steelers shit in and will do it again in 4 years. notice i didn't say the superbowl because despite the fact that we will be participating in multiple superbowls in the coming years, the steelers probably won't even sniff the playoffs, let alone making it to the superbowl
FMT is right. The 49ers will be a very good team for years to come if their first season under Harbaugh is any indication. All I feel they need to insure their success is a quarterback that isn't Alex Smith. I think the Steelers will make the playoffs too.

bionic77

News flash asshole. The Niners are not the only shitty team to have ever beaten the Steelers and yet sadly this inconsequential act is the only thing your team has done in the past decade. Division titles and regular season wins are pretty much all a Niner fan can hope for.

It is also pretty sad when the coach is the best qb on the team...

Jdez15

Banned
I can totally understand not wanting to pass on a talent like Trent Richardson, but not addressing the WR position until the 4th round when it is the weakest position on your team? Bananas.

Well we had tons of holes to fill, especially with Hillis leaving, and Colt McCoy not panning out to who we thought he could be (which was an average QB), we needed Richardson, and they are still very high on Greg Little.

jakncoke

Banned
my first football season in hell ohio will be great ripping browns fans

Well we had tons of holes to fill, especially with Hillis leaving, and Colt McCoy not panning out to who we thought he could be (which was an average QB), we needed Richardson, and they are still very high on Greg Little.

maybe some he'll learn to catch, he'll be decent then.

Top Bottom