• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Milchjon

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/17/cosell-talks-newton-stafford-on-the-rise/

Panthers-spoil-Becks-first-Redskins-start-5OGNQ7G-x-large.jpg

thatsmyqb.gif
The "best young QB" qualifier pretty much makes this observation worthless. Who else could be in the competition? Elite Flacco?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...alks-new-orleans-saints-extremely-frustrating

Hopefully they leave the QB1 depth chart spot open in honor of him during his sit out.

The complete meltdown of the Saints is slowly going from utterly hilarious to slightly sad. So much stupidity and entitlement.

Bowser

The "best young QB" qualifier pretty much makes this observation worthless. Who else could be in the competition? Elite Flacco?

I suppose Fatman could be, but he's too busy gorging himself on Taco Bell Big Boxes and then throwing them back up to appease Schiano.

Milchjon

Ah, my bad. I really wonder what'll happen with him if Brady goes on playing as long as he intends to. IIRC the main question about him was his character, and it looks like they straightened him out. From the preseason games, he looked like he would be able to continue the tradition of great statuesque Pats QBs.

Talon

My favorite parts:

• Vilma, as a Captain of the Saints defense, was instrumental in leading the Saints to their first-ever Super Bowl championship in the 2009 season and is highly regarded as a player and individual throughout the United States and in the State of Louisiana as well as in the professional football community.
  • Vilma never established, or assisted in establishing, a Bounty Program or any similar program in violation of NFL rules.
  • Vilma never “pledged,” made or received payments of any kind encouraging or resulting from an opposing player being carried off the field, i.e., “cart-offs.”
  • Vilma never “pledged,” made or received payments of any kind encouraging or resulting from an opposing player being unable to return to the game, i.e., “knockouts.”
  • Vilma never “pledged,” made or received payments of any kind encouraging or resulting from an opposing player being injured.
  • Vilma never “targeted” an opposing player in any manner that would violate NFL rules.
  • Vilma never engaged “in unsafe and prohibited conduct intended to injure players.”
  • Vilma never “participate[d] in a program that potentially injured opposing players.”
  • Vilma never “embraced” a Bounty Program or any similar program in violation of NFL rules.
  • Vilma never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, as an incentive to any player to knock Warner, Favre, or any other player, out of the 2009 Divisional Playoff Game, 2010 NFC Championship Game, or any other game.
  • Vilma never placed $10,000, or any amount of money, on any table or anywhere else as part of a Bounty Program or any other program in violation of NFL rules.

Jonathan Vilma: Highly Regarded Individual. Famous last words, friendo.

eznark

Banned
Cannot wait for the league to dump all of the Saints dirt now. I assume they were basically waiting for an excuse.

Ah, my bad. I really wonder what'll happen with him if Brady goes on playing as long as he intends to. IIRC the main question about him was his character, and it looks like they straightened him out. From the preseason games, he looked like he would be able to continue the tradition of great statuesque Pats QBs.

Either a Bledsoe situation or a Favre-Rodgers situation probably. Or Brady simply retires in 2 year after his 5th Super Bowl victory and everybody goes home happy.

Also, the Saints are embarrassing themselves this offseason..

Raiders LB Rolando McClain sentenced to 180 days in jail
https://twitter.com/ByCasagrande/status/203210510546640896

I remember during the draft everybody praised the Raiders pick of McClain but seems he is a bust.

rolando-mcclain-arrest-photo.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I may not be a big time lawyer...or know much about the law. But isn't this a bad move for Vilma? Wouldn't his lawyers advise him of this?

I may not be a big time lawyer...or know much about the law. But isn't this a bad move for Vilma? Wouldn't his lawyers advise him of this?

I am sure he found some lawyer hoping that the NFL would settle, but I think they made a huge mistake. Rodger doesnt seem like the settling type.

Bowser

Any lawyer worth his or her salt would advise Vilma to do whatever gets them the most billable hours.

Milchjon

Tebow thinks he owns the rights to "Jesus".

http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?i...5/16/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-my-jesus-shirts/

bionic, defend your savior.

Also, some info on Welker's contract talks:
"There have been talks, but nothing that’s brightened anything at all,” Welker said. “It’s actually gotten worse.”

When asked to define “worse,” Welker said the offer on the table is less than the two-year, $16 million fully guaranteed contract that was offered to him during the 2011 regular season.

Damn, I know he doesn't have a lot of leverage, but looking at some of the contract numbers in the league, that's pretty ridiculous. I mean, he's only the most targeted WR in the league for several years now...

Talon

Wait, you knew him or is that based on hearsay?
High School friend of mine went to Arkansas. They were in a class together taking a final - one of those situations where you need to bring in your own blue book. Mallett apparently didn't bring his in, stood up and went, "Somebody want to give me their blue book? You know who I am."

Jackass McJackasserton.

Brinbe

Nice, just saw the Shady news! Glad we locked him down.

per Jeff McLane via twitter: 5 year extension for LeSean McCoy for $45mil. $20,765,000 true guarantee.
Breakdown on McCoy deal: $8.5M SB. Bases: $615G in '12, $3.25M in '13, $8M in '14, $10.25M in '15, $7.15M in '16, $7.85M in '17.

Wonderful job by the FO, that's a great deal for a top-tier back.

Top Bottom