• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I had gator (croc?) in Australia.

Tasted like a hybrid between chicken and fish.

It was 100 degrees today.
I hate everything.

It's 100 degrees here every day. Why in the world does Texas have such an amazing job market when it's so miserable here?

Alligatorjandro how do you feel about that show swamp people?

How do you feel about the Canadian Women Softball team losing to the American Women Softball team?

The American ladies are a lot prettier as well (some of them at least, others are a little bit dude-ish).

How is the level of girls in ye olde Canada? I remember seeing one of the cutest girls ever in Montreal at the hotel I was staying at, but maybe she was French.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
How do you feel about the Canadian Women Softball team losing to the American Women Softball team?

The American ladies are a lot prettier as well (some of them at least, others are a little bit dude-ish).

How is the level of girls in ye olde Canada? I remember seeing one of the cutest girls ever in Montreal at the hotel I was staying at, but maybe she was French.

Don't pay attention to Canadian softball, no clue how our women look on that team. Does Jennie Finch still play on the US team?

As for women, I live in Toronto we get every variety you can think of.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
kave_man is from canada? so he by choice chose the browns? him and wes are suckas! bahahahha

Dammit we went over this. I was fooled by that asshole Derek Anderson.

How was a novice suppose to know the Browns know nothing but suffering? :(

Besides it is pretty nice when the Browns actually do something good (once a season or so) a lot of people send kudos.

bionic77

you can DL the gba versions of games on 3ds? i had a 3ds for a short time before and dont remember seeing any GBA games available.

also, i already bought a few 3ds games so i'll have them when the xl comes out.... KI is one of them! i don't have a womans hands so i should be able to play it just fine
I thought you could dl gba games but I might be wrong about that.

If you can Fire Emblem is a must. Nice to see you at least have good taste in games and have KI! I have only played half on my nephews console but I will buy it with the XL.

jakncoke

Banned
Dammit we went over this. I was fooled by that asshole Derek Anderson.

How was a novice suppose to know the Browns know nothing but suffering? :(

Besides it is pretty nice when the Browns actually do something good (once a season or so) a lot of people send kudos.

you let Derek Anderson seal your fate. i said damn.

Don't pay attention to Canadian softball, no clue how our women look on that team. Does Jennie Finch still play on the US team?

As for women, I live in Toronto we get every variety you can think of.

I have no clue who plays for the softball teams, it just suddenly popped up on my TV screen.

Is Canada fun to live in? I loved Montreal, but never been anywhere else in Canada.

kave_man is from canada? so he by choice chose the browns? him and wes are suckas! bahahahha

Gotta respect the fact that they're sticking with their pick.

snesfreak

Banned
I thought you could dl gba games but I might be wrong about that.

If you can Fire Emblem is a must. Nice to see you at least have good taste in games and have KI! I have only played half on my nephews console but I will buy it with the XL.
"Ambassadors" got some free GBA games, but I don't think they're available for everyone else.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Texas miserable? Nahh

I literally have no idea how to deal with the heat except minimize outside exposure as much as possible.

It's not like my apartment doesn't have amazing air conditioning or anything.

snes, how do you live in the south and not have AC? Fayetteville, AR is basically the exact same climate as North Carolina and I would have died.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
you let Derek Anderson seal your fate. i said damn.

I was young, I made a mistake but this is life. You learn from it and move on.

I have no clue who plays for the softball teams, it just suddenly popped up on my TV screen.

Is Canada fun to live in? I loved Montreal, but never been anywhere else in Canada.

Yeah I love living near Toronto. It's a very multicultural city, there's something going on all the time you just gotta find it. Most of Canada for some reason really hates my city though, ah well.

jakncoke

Banned

Yep. at least they havent done a squicken yet.

cashman

Banned
I literally have no idea how to deal with the heat except minimize outside exposure as much as possible.

It's not like my apartment doesn't have amazing air conditioning or anything.

snes, how do you live in the south and not have AC? Fayetteville, AR is basically the exact same climate as North Carolina and I would have died.

water and ice towels! I've had to spend between 3-5 days a week in the heat here during the summer back in my younger days. You just get used to it after a while.

theres only 2 things in texas
super bowl rings and hall of famers?

cashman

Banned
I wanted to say cocaine, but I'm pretty sure Michael Irvin and Jerry snorted it all up.

Don't forget about these guys!

Josh+Hamilton+Texas+Rangers+v+Tampa+Bay+Rays+aRHL_wwXDP5l.jpg

RBH

70781656.jpg

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo about Los Angeles to the league's 32 teams Friday -- one that surely resonated with the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams and any others that might be considering relocation to the nation's second-largest market.

"Although substantial uncertainties remain," Goodell wrote in the two-page document obtained by The Times, "stadium development in Los Angeles has advanced to the point where the prospects for a new facility are better than they have been in many years."

The purpose of the memo does not appear to be driven by any plans that might be imminent. Rather, NFL insiders say, the commissioner felt it was appropriate to set and restate some ground rules, foremost among them:

It's the league -- and not an individual team -- that will control the relocation process.

In making that point, Goodell put in writing what was discussed by owners at a May meeting in Atlanta and established rules for moving back to a market that has been without an NFL franchise since the Raiders and Rams left after the 1994 season.

That the memo refers specifically to the 2013 season does not necessarily mean the league is ready to reenter the market immediately, but it does underscore how seriously the NFL is considering the current opportunities. In order to be considered for relocation, Goodell wrote, a team must submit its application to do so between Jan. 1 and Feb. 15 of 2013.

What the league doesn't want is a team making the unilateral decision to relocate to L.A. intending to play in the Rose Bowl or Coliseum for a few years with the hope of moving over to a new venue once a stadium solution is found. The guidelines are partly intended to discourage squatting on the market.

Among the relocation candidates are the Chargers, Raiders, Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars, although new Jaguars owner Shad Khan has said he's committed to staying put. At this time, the league is not considering expansion.

Raising the long-held league belief that L.A. is a two-team market, Goodell wrote: "Consistent with our long-standing view, we have made it clear that any stadium seeking investment support from the 32 member clubs should preserve a viable option of being able to host two teams at appropriate times and on appropriate terms."

Goodell specifically made reference to the AEG proposal in downtown L.A. and Ed Roski's concept in the City of Industry. He said the competing plans both have the ability to include ancillary entertainment opportunities such as a hall of fame, NFL Network studio, youth football facilities and the like.

Goodell wrote: "We are also exploring the availability of other sites in the Los Angeles area." Those sites are believed to be in Carson, near Dodger Stadium and at Hollywood Park, where proposals have been pitched in years past.

Goodell wrote that issues such as approval to relocate, assessment and terms of a relocation fee, financial commitments from the league for stadium construction, and Super Bowls awarded must come from the full membership of teams.

Any such approval would require a three-quarters vote of membership, or at least 24 teams.

According to the guidelines, a team that intends to relocate must:

Negotiate a deal with an alternative site -- in this case the Coliseum or Rose Bowl -- that can play host to games while a stadium is being built, and keep the league fully apprised of every step in the negotiations.

Submit within the first 11/2 months of 2013 an application to relocate. "If no application is received for the 2013 season," Goodell wrote, "we will consider when and under what circumstances clubs may apply for consent to relocate in a future season."

Evaluate all stadium opportunities in its existing market, and consult with league staff on those. Unstated by Goodell, but implied by the NFL, is that the Raiders, for instance, would have to explain why it would be more practical to relocate than share a stadium in Santa Clara with the 49ers.

Goodell wrote that any application to relocate will be acted on as soon as possible, but that it's unlikely any vote would be taken before the annual meeting in March 2013.

John Semcken, who has worked closely with Roski on the Industry proposal, said Goodell's memo does not change their approach moving forward.

"That seems to be a procedure that the league is putting on the owners," Semcken said. "I don't know that that affects anything that we're doing. It seems like [the NFL is] starting to focus and put procedures in place, which is great. That's fantastic for us. We're ready to go and have been since October of 2009."

AEG is focused on the environmental impact report for the downtown project and expects it to be approved by the end of the summer, spokesman Michael Roth said.

Said Roth: "As we have said throughout this process, we continue to keep the league apprised on all of our progress and developments, and we will continue to follow the lead of Commissioner Goodell."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-goodell-20120630,0,6147779.story

cdyhybrid

They should just move the Niners and Raiders to LA along with the SF Giants so all the goon sports fans in California can be concentrated in one place and separated from civilization.

RBH

Professional football, America's most popular and profitable sport, is preparing to tackle a glaring weakness: Stadiums are increasingly empty.

As part of sweeping changes designed to give teams more flexibility to fill their seats, the National Football League is watering down its controversial TV "blackout" rule, which restricts local broadcasts for games that aren't sellouts. And this season, for the first time, fans in the stadium will be able to watch the same instant replays the referees see during reviews of controversial calls.

The league also is planning to introduce wireless Internet in every stadium and to create smartphone apps that could let fans listen to players wearing microphones on the field.

In hopes that professional football can mimic the wild stadium atmosphere typical of college football games, the NFL says it has "liberalized" its restraints on crowd noise. Stadiums will now be free to rile up crowds with video displays, and public-address announcers will no longer be restrained from inciting racket when the opposing offense faces a crucial third down.

Team owners have passed a resolution that starting this season will allow for local broadcasts of NFL games even when as few as 85% of tickets are sold. Under the new rule, each team has more flexibility to establish its own seat-sales benchmark as long as it is 85% or higher. To discourage teams from setting easy benchmarks, teams will be forced to share more of the revenue when they exceed it.

In the NFL, negotiations are under way for leaguewide wireless Internet inside stadiums. At least four teams are likely to have wireless Internet in their stadiums this year.

The idea is that bolstering cell reception and adding wireless will enable fans to re-create the living room in their stadium seats. Fans can receive highlights and replays of the game on the field, or other games across the country. Pete Ward, chief operating officer of the Colts, said this year that the team will unleash a new app for on-demand highlights for fans at the game. "Your smartphone is your replay screen in our stadium," Mr. Ward said.

The Wi-Fi will be free, the league said. Other services might cost extra.

Owners have granted permission for the league to place microphones on certain players so that fans can hear on-field commentary via an in-the-work app that would distribute raw feeds. That is a privilege previously awarded only to networks holding broadcast rights.

The NFL has already mandated that teams have in their stadiums a channel called NFL Red Zone, which shows all plays from around the league within the 20 yard-line. That feature can also be used on some smartphones.

Under consideration is a plan to make fans in the seats privy to the conversations between referees during reviews of disputed calls. It is a "long way off," said Mr. Grubman, but it represents a desire to welcome in-stadium fans into long-secret huddles on the sideline and in the locker room in the name of helping attendance. "You have to be able to make the game open, you have to give explanations, you have to give information," Mr. Grubman said.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...l#project=NFL062920120629&articleTabs=article

Top Bottom