• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

snesfreak

Banned
Why did I click? I knew it wasn't what it said it was. :(
image.php

Hopefully I'll be able to go to the Panthers-Giants Thursday night game in September. Will be my first regular season Panthers game in person. Looking forward to it.

Not looking forward to the 2.5-3 hour drive in the middle of the night from Charlotte back to Durham.

Only atmosphere they have is an air of danger in the parking lot if you're a Raiders or Dodgers fan.

the only people who ever get into any serious shit are the drunk fucks who go running their mouth a bit too much. and if you are naive enough to believe that this only happens at candlestick then.... actually coming from you i think you do believe that

bionic77

As awesome as it is going to a NFL game with good seats, I would not want to do it more than 2-3 times a year. Even if I lived in Pittsburgh. In some ways I almost enjoy watching games at home more. I get to sit on my couch, watch multiple games, eat whatever I want and surf the net on my laptop.

At the game you have to get there early, pay a shit load of money for parking, the ticket, and shitty food and that doesn't even figure in the insane traveling times.

I have to admit though that 90% of the games I have seen have been in Philly. Maybe I would have a different take on it if I was going to games in the holy land. I have also been to games in Cleveland, New York, and Washington. I was offered tickets to a Ravens game once, but I turned it down because I was pretty sure I was going to get raped going there.

Sanjuro

Again, football is the ultimate television sport. I rather go to any of the other major four over football. The game is designed for your HD television like no other. If you have a good group of people to go with and bring a grill, the experience can still be the best.

Greg

It was an awesome experience to be at a game, but I prefer sitting on my ass at home.

Unless it comes down to being there vs. watching a stream.

bionic77

NFL gaf should go to a game
Sounds good in theory. But Tiki will probably end up sleeping with our wives. Pat fans will try and convert us into Satanists. Snes will get us fat on tacos and will talk about Nintendo during the entire game. FMT will give 3 hour of excuses after the game about why the Niners should have won. BLarry will show us pics from his phone that will make all of us lose our appetite. And as sick as we feel, Ninja will make sure we will all throw up by showing us pictures of Brady. And that doesn't even figure in how complicated the seating arrangements will be with the Packer fans. I mean the black and brown guys will have to sit in the back, eznark will probably cut some poor Vikings fingers off, and the women will have to travel in a separate vehicle where they are cooking for us (that part of it actually sounds ok). Then to top it off the Raider fans are going to disappear shortly before it is time to leave and right before everyone realizes they have been robbed.

Be careful what you wish for!

bionic77

Again, football is the ultimate television sport. I rather go to any of the other major four over football. The game is designed for your HD television like no other. If you have a good group of people to go with and bring a grill, the experience can still be the best.
Yeah hockey and basketball are different games live. And if you have good seats it is really awesome to watch. Baseball is shit either at the game or on tv.

Football is awesome in person, but I agree that it is just perfect for tv.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Aldon Smith stabbed trying to break up fight, injuries are "minor":

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith is believed to have been stabbed at a house party near San Jose, Calif., on Saturday morning, according to The Sacramento Bee.

The 49ers confirmed Smith was involved in an incident but did not elaborate on how he was hurt. The team described the second-year player's injuries as as "minor."

Smith was treated for his injuries and was released from the hospital, according to CSNBayArea.

"We are in contact with Aldon, and thankful that his injuries were not more serious and that he is recovering comfortably," general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "The 49ers are also in communication with local authorities as they gather information regarding the incident, and will reserve further comment at this time."

The Santa Clara County sheriff's department, which wouldn't confirm if Smith was at the party, said there were two people wounded from gunshots and one was stabbed, according to the newspaper.

A source, however, confirmed to The Associated Press that Smith suffered stab wounds.

Smith, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2011 draft out of Missouri, appeared in all 16 games as a rookie last season. He recorded a franchise-rookie record 14 sacks, most among NFL rookie, and also forced two fumbles.

Smith was also arrested this offseason for DUI in January in Miami Beach, Fla.

UPDATE: Smith is believed to have suffered stab wounds to his shoulder and abdomen, likely from a small pocket knife, while trying to break up a fight at the party, CSNBayArea.com reported.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah hockey and basketball are different games live. And if you have good seats it is really awesome to watch. Baseball is shit either at the game or on tv.

Football is awesome in person, but I agree that it is just perfect for tv.

baseball at the game is very relaxing as is watching it on tv

Sanjuro

What game would we even go to

Pre-Season. Do coke with Mallett after the game.
Broncos. Rekindle memories of a beatable Manning.
Rams. Go to London, West Side Story battles with SOCCER-Age.
Jets. Jest.
49ers. All take turns with FMT's wife while he watches in his Alex Smith customized van.

jakncoke

Banned
How do you survive in Ohio? Mass drinking to forget seems like the only way

And not liking beer? You disgust me

there is other things to mass drink and i so would if i wasn't so fucking poor lol

Pre-Season. Do coke with Mallett after the game.
Broncos. Rekindle memories of a beatable Manning.
Rams. Go to London, West Side Story battles with SOCCER-Age.
Jets. Jest.
49ers. All take turns with FMT's wife while he watches in his Alex Smith customized van.

this made me chuckle

Sanjuro

I used to go to football games much more. Went to the last game at Foxboro Stadium which was unbelievable. There was a damper for a few years when I was ejected from a game for smoking. PROTIP: I don't smoke.

I get out to baseball games by far the most.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I used to go to football games much more. Went to the last game at Foxboro Stadium which was unbelievable. There was a damper for a few years when I was ejected from a game for smoking. PROTIP: I don't smoke.

I get out to baseball games by far the most.

Yeah I hate baseball but it's way better to actually go to the game and kick back and relax. Not the best TV sport in my book by far.

Top Bottom