• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

SNES was perma'd? .................. :( If he just could have restricted his posting to this thread as he knew he should.

God what a boring stretch of time for football, it's pretty damn sad when you're massively anticipating training camp...

So, I finally decided to get Twitter, exclusively for sports news. Besides Cardinals team and it's primary beat writers, I'm following Schefter and Jurecki. Anyone else I should follow for NFL news?

Jdez15

Banned
It's more that I think the Steelers and Ravens are going to struggle mightily this year than anything. 5 games was obviously hyperbolic, but 10 wins will win that division.

atheletes1.jpg

More like
TJWardandJoeHaden_crop_340x234.jpg

Are there more Browns fans than Ravens fans? That's sad. And none of that, "you are the Browns" bullshit. They left and won the Superbowl. That's about as un Browns-like as it gets.

bionic77

Either I beat my wife or my wife has me bionic'd. It can't be both guys.
Why can't it? I thought that that was a typical Sconi marriage? Both sides take turn physically abusing the other. Previously your wife was obviously on the wrong side of the belt but she had obviously been training hard or you have been slacking looking at these recent posts fellating the Bungles.

eznark

Banned
What makes you think the bengals are going to be good?

They are a young team with a solid and cohesive offensive line. They have explosive receivers and a potentially (this was questioned at times last year) intelligent quarterback. They were 9-7 last year, and this years schedule figures to be significantly easier (always tough to claim that with any certainty in the NFL though). I think they absolutely owned the draft and brought in guys that can play right now. Their big question mark is still the secondary, but Kirkpatrick is an impact guy that will make a huge difference day one. Zetiler is also a plug and play guy and will potentially improve their run blocking, which was abysmal last year. Their big weakness is at running back, but this isn't 1995 so who gives a shit?

Really though, I think the Bengals got a little bit better while every other team in the North got worse through attrition of injuries. The Browns probably got better but that's like a midget growing an inch, it doesn't have a practical impact on the world.

I'm not doubting that the Bengals are on the rise, but I personally think there run game will be shit this year
Like I said.....so what?

Browns have the hardest schedule in the NFL FML

How? The only difference between Baltimore and Cleveland's schedule is two games:

Cleveland:
@Indy
v Buffalo

Baltimore:
@Houston
v Patriots

Edit: Oh yeah, you have to play us twice, while we play the Browns twice. Sucks for Cleveland for sucking.

UberTag

Speaking of fantasy football, when do we start firming up spots for the various GAF leagues?

I'm assuming Cloudy is running the $50 PayPal league again. I'm likely going to take a crack at a higher stakes FFPC league for the first time as well. Only makes sense given the amount of time I devote to fantasy during the season.

Jdez15

Banned
How? The only difference between Baltimore and Cleveland's schedule is two games:

Cleveland:
@Indy
v Buffalo

Baltimore:
@Houston
v Patriots

Edit: Oh yeah, you have to play us twice, while we play the Browns twice. Sucks for Cleveland for sucking.

Ya you have to remember we are the browns.

Striker

The Panthers will be the breakout team this year.
I didn't say they'd be a breakout team, but I expressed them doing pretty well before. I'm not buying the Falcons or Saints being top teams in the NFC right now.

Browns have the hardest schedule in the NFL FML
They play the last place teams in other divisions? Colts, Dolphins, Chiefs (?). There's some easy ones. Schedules before the season always look real tough. Injuries and shit happens.

jakncoke

Banned
If you showed up more you'd realize this! Im asking your mom if you can have more internet time so you can at least learn the ins and outs of nfl-age

bionic77

They are a young team with a solid and cohesive offensive line. They have explosive receivers and a potentially (this was questioned at times last year) intelligent quarterback. They were 9-7 last year, and this years schedule figures to be significantly easier (always tough to claim that with any certainty in the NFL though). I think they absolutely owned the draft and brought in guys that can play right now. Their big question mark is still the secondary, but Kirkpatrick is an impact guy that will make a huge difference day one. Zetiler is also a plug and play guy and will potentially improve their run blocking, which was abysmal last year. Their big weakness is at running back, but this isn't 1995 so who gives a shit?
I have been hearing this about the Bungles for the past 20 years. Always a great offseason, always a lot of young talent, and always poised to make the leap, but they never do. The best they do is win the division in the off years of the Ravens and Steelers.

Until I see something to suggest otherwise I will continue to discount them.

As a brand new Bungles fan and probably someone that also has a newfound love of doing the dishes this is probably a shock to you, but if you are going to be a fan you better prepare for the yearly disappointment.

eznark

Banned
I have been hearing this about the Bungles for the past 20 years. Always a great offseason, always a lot of young talent, and always poised to make the leap, but they never do. The best they do is win the division in the off years of the Ravens and Steelers.

Until I see something to suggest otherwise I will continue to discount them.

As a brand new Bungles fan and probably someone that also has a newfound love of doing the dishes this is probably a shock to you, but if you are going to be a fan you better prepare for the yearly disappointment.

You realize they were 9-7 and made the playoffs last year right? They won the division two years ago. Do you have anything tangible to point to that makes you think they won't be good, or do you think just being called the Bengals is some sort of curse?

Jdez15

Banned
Do you think this is the year that the Browns get that coveted second win against Big Ben?

Yessir haha

Edit: I mean, we were close last year of TNF, but it took a cheap hit on McCoy while we were in the endzone, and were forced to send in Wallace, who hadn't played once in a game the whole year.

bionic77

You realize they were 9-7 and made the playoffs last year right? They won the division two years ago. Do you have anything tangible to point to that makes you think they won't be good, or do you think just being called the Bengals is some sort of curse?
They are just run horribly. They have always had talented players but they can never consistently put it together the field.

I am going to continue to remain skeptical until I see them actually make a statement, whether that be in the postseason or in the division. The closest they came was in 2004-5, when they were the top dogs of the division, but that didn't last very long.

bionic77

Without the spy cameras the Patriots are basically the Bengals.
That is going too far.

I hate the Bungles but I would never go so far as to compare them to the Patriots. I might go so far as to call them c*nts. I might even question their taste in videogames. But you are going to far. This might be the internet but we still have to be civilized with each other.

Not cool man.

Oh no doubt, don't we have a thrusday night game against Baltimore this year?

Edit: Yes we do, Week 4.
I'll most likely be at the home opener also, been going every year and tailgating. It be nice to start out the season with a win this year.

I'm also hopelessly optimistic about the season haha

Jdez15

Banned
I'll most likely be at the home opener also, been going every year and tailgating. It be nice to start out the season with a win this year.

I'm also hopelessly optimistic about the season haha

Like every other browns fan dude! We are the most optimistic fans ever, sometimes when we shouldnt be! Excited to see if Greg Little can get his act together because he has tremendous size for a WR.

jakncoke

Banned
Yessir haha

Edit: I mean, we were close last year of TNF, but it took a cheap hit on McCoy while we were in the endzone, and were forced to send in Wallace, who hadn't played once in a game the whole year.

and yet they decided to pass 40+ times. 16-41 :me

Top Bottom