• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

bionic77

Nah, he got two weeks, I think.
That is nothing.

Why all the crying?

I didn't want to see SNES permabanned, but no one is going to suffer by not seeing 100 "you people" posts a day or crying about how mean the gaming age people are about nintendo for a couple days.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Grandpasimpsonwalkinginandout.gif

Chip_Kelly_NFL.gif

We need to change the subject or prepare for the reaping.

So.....fantasy football early mock drafts have Ryan Mathews as a top 7 pick. That seems high. Was he better than I remember or is this due to him being one of the few RBs not in a committee?

Wrayfield

So.....fantasy football early mock drafts have Ryan Mathews as a top 7 pick. That seems high. Was he better than I remember or is this due to him being one of the few RBs not in a committee?

That seems mighty high. Possibly that he has little competition. Still, too small and brittle in a pass-happy O ... top 7 RB perhaps. In my book anyway.

Wrayfield

I don't think I could take Mathews as my first pick and feel good about my team.

I'm in a keeper league. We keep 4 players (limit one per position). I got Foster and I'm gonna ride him til the tires are bold. Even so, my first pick will obviously be a RB and it won't be Matthews (even with 12 RBs already gone as keepers). Some players have a red flag for me, he is one of them. Moreno is another one. Will probably try to gamble on Richardson.

Edit: We draft according to last year's standings so there is no way he is still on the board by the time I draft (finished 3rd last year)...

I'm excited for this year. Last year my wife basically called me an hour before the draft to say " its pretty much over if you go to your draft"

I went ( fantasy football draft is Man Christmas to me), but I was kinda in a trance. Picked First overall and took J Charles, but I killed the later rounds taking Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Fred Jackson and Gronk. Didn't win it all though.

bionic77

I'm excited for this year. Last year my wife basically called me an hour before the draft to say " its pretty much over if you go to your draft"

I went ( fantasy football draft is Man Christmas to me), but I was kinda in a trance. Picked First overall and took J Charles, but I killed the later rounds taking Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson, Fred Jackson and Gronk. Didn't win it all though.
I almost feel bad for what the Steelers are about to do to your team this year.

No Suggs, gimped Reed, washed up Lewis. This time the Ravens won't be able to say no to Ben and unless Flacco steps up I see us dominating the matchup this year and taking the division with ease.

Wrayfield

Wait, your wife left you because of fantasy football? If so, that's fucking depressing, man...

krzy123

probably assuming since Mike Tolbert is gone, he'll actually get redzone touches.

eznark

Banned
I think the moderators need to make a thread where they say explicitly what words are ok and what words are not. I swear a lot and I literally have no clue what I can and can not say anymore. Ever since NBA GAF got shut, things are just really different it seems in terms of policy and the like. I thought I knew what flew and what didn't but I just don't know anymore and I don't think I am the only one. LJ is a good poster and brings so much knowledge about football to the thread, it sucks to lose good posters over posts they don't even think are wrong and would never think were wrong because last week they weren't wrong.

You can get banned for anything at any time. Part of the justification for snes' perm was that he no longer made positive contributions to GAF, which is a crock of shit. It's the disorderly conduct of ban reasons. Best to just not worry about it because at the end of the day no reason is needed.

bionic77

You can get banned for anything at any time. Part of the justification for snes' perm was that he no longer made positive contributions to GAF, which is a crock of shit. It's the disorderly conduct of ban reasons. Best to just not worry about it because at the end of the day no reason is needed.
Is it 2 weeks or a perm?

Milchjon

Oh fuck this. Bionic, if you have an avatar for me, I'll wear it. If not, I'll go with Dutch's.

So, to recap, over the last few weeks we lost:

LJ11, for using a word that wasn't really publicly announced to be banned.
Snes for overall drama.
CB3 said "would" in response to some female presenter in a Nintendo thread.
Cajunator posted NSFW stuff in the anime thread.
HarSon got into a fight with Evilore over some movie I think?

I never thought I could find a place on the net where i have to watch my mouth more than in front of my mom.

Also, I need a new notebook.

1000€ budget. I would've like a 13" MBA, but that's out of my reach. So is there anything remotely comparable? I know I won't get anything equivalent really, but an approximation would be cool.

I care about:
-Battery life
-13/14"
-Portability
(-Design)

I don't care about (well I do, but I'd be willing to compromise about):
-Gaming abilities
-Picture quality

I'ma have me one of those Dorito taco things today to honor SNES. Are those still around? I haven't eaten there in years.

Gee, I wonder who started the grassroots campaign to get "c*nt" made banworthy.

bionic77

Oh fuck this. Bionic, if you have an avatar for me, I'll wear it. If not, I'll go with Dutch's.

So, to recap, over the last few weeks we lost:

LJ11, for using a word that wasn't really publicly announced to be banned.
Snes for overall drama.
CB3 said "would" in response to some female presenter in a Nintendo thread.
Cajunator posted NSFW stuff in the anime thread.
HarSon got into a fight with Evilore over some movie I think?

I never thought I could find a place on the net where i have to watch my mouth more than in front of my mom.

Also, I need a new notebook.

1000€ budget. I would've like a 13" MBA, but that's out of my reach. So is there anything remotely comparable? I know I won't get anything equivalent really, but an approximation would be cool.

I care about:
-Battery life
-13/14"
-Portability
(-Design)

I don't care about (well I do, but I'd be willing to compromise about):
-Gaming abilities
-Picture quality
We had an avatar bet?

For your laptop. Get the a 11 or 13" ultra book. Get whichever one has the best keyboard and trackpad. None of them are as good as Apple's, but get whichever one is best in its class.

Also if you can wait until the winter you might want to see what is released with Win8 because these same laptops are going to have touch screens.

Milchjon

We had an avatar bet?

For your laptop. Get the a 11 or 13" ultra book. Get whichever one has the best keyboard and trackpad. None of them are as good as Apple's, but get whichever one is best in its class.

Also if you can wait until the winter you might want to see what is released with Win8 because these same laptops are going to have touch screens.

Well, we didn't really have a bet per se, I just tried to stay away:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39264778&postcount=8052

And I can't really wait until winter. Would love to, the Surface Pro would probably fit my needs perfectly, but I need it now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I thought cajunator got banned for being a massive, unapologetic racist?

Cajun deserved both his bans. Second one was for NSFW stuff.

And snes knew it was coming. Moderation on this site is not a democracy, you can't continually fling shit in their face and expect them to not do anything about it.

I almost feel bad for what the Steelers are about to do to your team this year.

No Suggs, gimped Reed, washed up Lewis. This time the Ravens won't be able to say no to Ben and unless Flacco steps up I see us dominating the matchup this year and taking the division with ease.

I forgot the Steelers players didn't age. Kindle+Upshaw=Suggs, Lardarious is better than Reed, and washed up Ray is still great. Flacco is still average. Sweep again, despite him.

Bengals are going to win that division by 5 games.

Bengals could win the division, its more likely than Pitt. They also don't have the schedule we have. I could see Bal, Pitt, and Cincy all splitting ( all sweeping Browns), and the Bengals take the division because of easier non divisional opponents.

Jdez15

Banned
Bengals aint doing shit this year. I still lol that it took a cheap play to beat the browns the first couple weeks of the season last year.

Top Bottom