• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Sokantish

qTnfF.png

I stole this from Fox318's old post.

Oh man, this Browns being sold thing is delicious. I sorta hope they got bought and just fucking shut down. Or moved to like Knoxville. Get that filth out of the AFC North and out of the league for good.

Milchjon

From Ian Rapoport's twitter:

Developing: U.S. House Committee on Energy & Commerce sends letter to Goodell/Smith on HGH testing. Calling for them to follow Olympic model

Letter, signed by Chair Fred Upton & ranking member Henry Waxman: "Time for the NFL to follow the Olympic model and start testing for HGH."

squicken

Our Congress does shit like that all the time. Send letters. Hold hearings. Grandstanding. None of it matters. Nothing ever changes

Talon

So I saw Contagion last night.

I liked it a lot more than I thought it would. It was very clinical - more Lauren Garrett than Hollywood. I was watching with my girlfriend who's getting a MD/MPH - and is a bit of an epidemiology fangirl - said it was surprisingly accurate.

Also, that soundtrack was pretty sweet. Sounded like Hanna's and I half-expected it to be a Chemical Brothers joint.

Milchjon

Speaking of Kluwe, he commented on some Gawker post and IMO sounds a bit like Ez:

Non troll portion of post - As a currently active NFL player (albeit "just" a punter), I can honestly say what you get out of any workout is what you're willing to put into it. Crossfit is an excellent full body workout. It gets you in pretty good aerobic shape (although it could use more running, but that's a personal preference) and it's more strenuous than most of our in-season weightlifts.

Troll portion of post.
1. Holy fuck, get over yourself. If you're that narcissistic that everything has to be "you you you" then get a fucking 2 pound pink dumbbell and go do bicep curls in front of a mirror for three hours. You can get just as much work done in a group as you can individually IF YOU'RE WILLING TO NOT DICK AROUND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ISN'T WATCHING YOU. Fucking slacker.

2. So being in shape doesn't count as a goal? Fuck off and die in a car fire. Not everyone wants to be an Olympic body-builder, a professional athlete, or a yodeling ass flexer. Some people just want to look good when they go out for a night on the town, or perhaps they don't want to be part of the largest obesity trend in America. You know what saves on health insurance? Not being a lazy fuck that never works out and eats Twinkies all day and then complains about Crossfit.

3. Try not ordering the jumbo colon-blow size soda four times a week or hammering down $10 beers and watch the money roll in. Or fuck, I don't know, consider it an investment against NOT developing diabetes and raging bedsores because you can't lift your grotesquely overweight carcass from your bedside at 45 years old. Or just do the fucking workouts in a junglegym, half of them don't require any equipment you turdsloth.

4. THEIR PULLUPS ARE TOTAL HORSESHIT. Those are not pullups. Strict pullups are pullups, fish flopping kipping garbage is some sort of midair sexual gyrating that should be banned in all 50 states. (quick note, 95% of NFL players can, in fact, do 21 pullups, we use multiple sets of 12 as part of our normal lifts)

5. You will get injured IF YOU'RE A MOUTHBREATHING FUCKWIT THAT IGNORES SAFETY WHEN YOU LIFT. Do the reps right and you won't have a problem. Oh that's right, paying attention to the weight is fucking hard when you're worried about slipping on the rapidly expanding drool pile at your feet.

6. Yeah, there's some creepy people. Go lift at a different time, most of them workout at 5 a.m. anyways because they're creepy.

7. Sure you can, ask the advertising assholes at Gatorade and Nike. Just do it.

Talon- said:
So I saw Contagion last night.

I liked it a lot more than I thought it would. It was very clinical - more Lauren Garrett than Hollywood. I was watching with my girlfriend who's getting a MD/MPH - and is a bit of an epidemiology fangirl - said it was surprisingly accurate.
It's a good film, yeah. I enjoyed how "real world" it felt which made it that much scarier a scenario. I was surprised by it as I thought it would be an Outbreak knock off.

Top Bottom