• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

brentech

Local news is saying the Browns are valued at $977 million, and that's in American dollars. I don't get how that happened.

Again, not sure how this isn't computing for people in this thread.

The Browns have a very loyal fan base. It's not rocket science. They have a demand for their product, almost regardless as to what that product is. Those fans understand what losing the team is like, they don't want to be without it. They support.

After some difficult math in the IRC, me and Bluemax (mostly me) figured out that the Dutchies won 1 medal for every 1 million citizens it has, the US won .33 medal for every 1 millions citizens and the Germans .5 medals for every 1 million citizens during the 2008 Olympics.

So basically we are twice as good as the Germans and 3 times as good as the Americans.

Math doesn't lie.

Milchjon

After some difficult math in the IRC, me and Bluemax (mostly me) figured out that the Dutchies won 1 medal for every 1 million citizens it has, the US won .33 medal for every 1 millions citizens and the Germans .5 medals for every 1 million citizens during the 2008 Olympics.

So basically we are twice as good as the Germans and 3 times as good as the Americans.

Math doesn't lie.

You people are obviosly overcompensating for size.

Math doesn't lie.

Yeah but can the Dutchies say USA USA USA USA USA

No one even knows what to call the Dutch's country.

You people are obviosly overcompensating for size.

image.php

SIZE DOESN'T MATTER, ASSHOLE!

Math doesn't lie.
Are you using US Census numbers? They don't just count citizens...

Yes, this was just as much about rewarding Antonio as it was putting a sharp stick in Wallace's eye.

Get to camp, fuckhead. Steelers don't deal with pouty bitches.

Not sure if replacing break away speed with size is always a good thing, but I think Big Ben would be fine throwing to a lineup of Brown, Cotchery, Burress, Rookie and Miller.

There is no way Mike Wallace is getting paid more than Antonio (by the Steelers) so now does he sign and then ask to be traded?

Great opportunity for Cotchery to step up. (I'm not as high on Emmanuel as everyone else. Dude is too brittle)

bionic77

Dude what are you talking about? We will not be able to replace Wallace with Burress. Dude is washed up and Wallace is one of the best deep threats in the league. Brown is better and is a priority but let's not pretend Wallace will be easy to replace. It will take at least 2 more years to replace him in the draft assuming we draft another WR and hit another pick out of the park.

I hope Wallace reports, plays out his contract and then next season gets a dose of reality, kind of like what Alex Smith went through, and remains in Pittsburgh.

It's a good film, yeah. I enjoyed how "real world" it felt which made it that much scarier a scenario. I was surprised by it as I thought it would be an Outbreak knock off.

I like the ending, Day 1 set up was nice, but the rest of the movie was very meh, I felt like it rushed through things instead of showing the devastation going on in the world, and i wanted to see Paltrow skull when they cut her open lol..

Dude what are you talking about? We will not be able to replace Wallace with Burress. Dude is washed up and Wallace is one of the best deep threats in the league. Brown is better and is a priority but let's not pretend Wallace will be easy to replace. It will take at least 2 more years to replace him in the draft assuming we draft another WR and hit another pick out of the park.

I hope Wallace reports, plays out his contract and then next season gets a dose of reality, kind of like what Alex Smith went through, and remains in Pittsburgh.

It would surprise me to see Wallace on this team this year and moving forward.

Wallace thinks he deserves more money than Antonio Brown. Do you think the Rooneys are going to pay two receivers that kind of money?

No, you can't replace straight line speed like that.
But, it's a good thing that football is a team game, and the best offensive weapon the Steelers have is their QB.

Plaxico caught 45 passes after being out of football for two years, from an above average QB. He's also an additional BIG red zone target for Ben (in addition to Heath)

What would Mike Wallace do in this new Steelers offense? Draw straight line double teams with his speed. Plax can do that on the Steelers with his size.

All I need to know is that the ROONEYS don't think Mike Wallace is as good as Mike Wallace thinks he is. We see whose cutting the checks. They have spoken.

I like the ending, Day 1 set up was nice, but the rest of the movie was very meh, I felt like it rushed through things instead of showing the devastation going on in the world, and i wanted to see Paltrow skull when they cut her open lol..

Decent movie. I liked the creepy soundtrack. It was slow at times. The day 1 setup was sweet.

I will say this: that's the kind of movie that should scare you. That shit is just too possible, IMO.

10/11 day for Sanchez. Usually first day is when we here the fuking apologists come out and be like "OH WELL DEFENSE IS AHEAD OF OFFENSE THIS STAGE IN THE GAME"

Then Sanchez is like 4/10 5/10 7/15 etc the rest of training camp.

Fuck you Schottenheimer. Fuck you so hard.

cdyhybrid

10/11 day for Sanchez. Usually first day is when we here the fuking apologists come out and be like "OH WELL DEFENSE IS AHEAD OF OFFENSE THIS STAGE IN THE GAME"

Then Sanchez is like 4/10 5/10 7/15 etc the rest of training camp.

Fuck you Schottenheimer. Fuck you so hard.

Jets Super Bowl champs confirmed.

People only boycott companies that are easy to boycott. It's absurd, hypocritical and makes everyone involved look like a fucking moron. In this instance, it's a lefty issue. They are furious about CFA supporting DOMA and make sure everyone knows it by tweeting and blogging and tumbling via their Chinese manufactured devices. Other big lefty issues: outsourcing, "living" wage, buy local.

Give me a break. This is low hanging fruit that holier than though douche bags glom onto so that they feel better about walking past a homeless guy on their way to buy their 5th $600 iphone in 6 years.

It's a "I want to ease my white liberal guilt but I don't want to actually give up anything I care about or make any sort of effort" crusade.

I know this was pages ago, but man do I love you.

bionic77

Wallace thinks he deserves more money than Antonio Brown. Do you think the Rooneys are going to pay two receivers that kind of money?

But, it's a good thing that football is a team game, and the best offensive weapon the Steelers have is their QB.

Plaxico caught 45 passes after being out of football for two years, from an above average QB. He's also an additional BIG red zone target for Ben (in addition to Heath)

What would Mike Wallace do in this new Steelers offense? Draw straight line double teams with his speed. Plax can do that on the Steelers with his size.

All I need to know is that the ROONEYS don't think Mike Wallace is as good as Mike Wallace thinks he is. We see whose cutting the checks. They have spoken.
You underestimate Wallace.

I agree that Wallace and their agent are overreaching but it would be extreme homerism to think we could replace a guy like that that easily. A guy who can stretch the field opens up the field for everyone else. A washed up Burress ain't replacing that. Though I agree he helps in the RZ where we sucked balls under Arians.

Plaxico caught 45 passes after being out of football for two years, from an above average QB.

from an above average QB.

above average QB.

above average

lololololllllllllllllll!!!

even if "average" was "complete and total dog shit", mark sanchez would never be called ABOVE that

Godslay

Banned
lololololllllllllllllll!!!

even if "average" was "complete and total dog shit", mark sanchez would never be called ABOVE that

He made it to the AFC Championship a couple times, so by your metrics he most likely would be above average. Even with that said, he's still shit and I would take Smith over him.

Greg

He made it to the AFC Championship a couple times, so by your metrics he most likely would be above average. Even with that said, he's still shit and I would take Smith over him.
I don't know... give him Harbaugh and we're looking at the next Aaron Rodgers.

my metrics are not only wins/losses, but also how did they contribute to those wins and losses? mark sanchez has NEVER had a QB rating over 78.2. alex smith hasn't had a qb rating below 82 since 2007 (when he was injured most of the season). alex smith has 27 turnovers (int + fumbles lost) in the last 3 years. mark sanchez has 63 turnovers in that same time span. alex smith brought his team back to win a playoff game TWICE in the last 3 minutes against one of the best teams in the league while posting a 103.2 rating and accounting for 4 touchdowns.

mark sanchez is a born loser who has contributed nothing to a team who had a dominant defense for a couple years and would have made the superbowl if they had even an average QB. alex smith was a qb good enough to make (and win) the superbowl but was stripped of the opportunity by kyle williams

Isn't Rex an East Coast version of Harbaugh? Brash, players love him, blue collar defensive minded guy, etc.?

harbaugh isn't a defensive coach at all. he is a student of the west coast offense. he was a QB coach for the raiders before taking a job with san diego and has always been known for his offense, not defense

Godslay

Banned
my metrics are not only wins/losses, but also how did they contribute to those wins and losses? mark sanchez has NEVER had a QB rating over 78.2. alex smith hasn't had a qb rating below 82 since 2007 (when he was injured most of the season). alex smith has 27 turnovers (int + fumbles lost) in the last 3 years. mark sanchez has 63 turnovers in that same time span. alex smith brought his team back to win a playoff game TWICE in the last 3 minutes against one of the best teams in the league while posting a 103.2 rating and accounting for 4 touchdowns.

mark sanchez is a born loser who has contributed nothing to a team who had a dominant defense for a couple years and would have made the superbowl if they had even an average QB. alex smith was a qb good enough to make (and win) the superbowl but was stripped of the opportunity by kyle williams

harbaugh isn't a defensive coach at all. he is a student of the west coast offense. he was a QB coach for the raiders before taking a job with san diego and has always been known for his offense, not defense

I'm just trying to get a rise out of you. I've seen you go over this before with Sanchez and Smith, stats don't lie. Even with that said Rex and Harbaugh do share the ability to connect with their players unlike other coaches, at least from the outside looking in.

The Jets made it there a bunch of times. Sanchez just happened to be the QB.

I know I was just getting FMT fired up.

MechDX

Just watched the Germans walk out on the Olympics and all I could say is "Patriots suck!"

Real life and GAF streams are crossing...

Top Bottom