• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

RBH

The San Francisco 49ers nearly reached the Super Bowl last season thanks in large part to QB Alex Smith, whose seventh NFL season was his best.

Will the 49ers go as far as Smith takes them in 2012? Or does he merely need to do his part for a team with a strong running game and suffocating defense, a la Trent Dilfer for the 2000 Baltimore Ravens?

Niners legend and ESPN analyst Jerry Rice weighed in Thursday night on Audibles.

"I seriously think they got to take the diaper off this guy and let him play," said Rice. "Let him be a grown man."

The No. 1 pick of the 2005 draft, Smith, 28, has been out of diapers for some time. What he hasn't had -- until now -- is offensive continuity (he'll be playing in the same scheme in consecutive NFL seasons for the first time) and a robust receiving corps. Having WRs Randy Moss and Mario Manningham join Michael Crabtree and TE Vernon Davis should also help.

But maybe Rice just wants to see Smith unleashed. Though he was efficient in 2011 and protected the ball very well, he only passed for 3,144 yards and 17 TDs. But he also had fewer attempts (445) than Drew Brees had completions (468), so it's up to the 49ers to decide if Smith needs a larger presence to lead the team to larger rewards.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-TheHuddle+(Sports+-+The+Huddle)#.UBLYSET87bV

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
While we're talking about overrated fast food establishments, like ChicFilA, I nominate In N Out as the most overrated. Average burgers, long wait for food, and the fact that people act like its the greatest burger on earth. Five Guys better.

You're half right. They both suck.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gotta disagree. Think In-N-Out and Five Guys are different things.

Both are really good in different ways. I like that they grill the mustard into the bun, but the fries do suck unless you get them well done. Five Guys fries are, of course, awesome. Also, love making a hash with eggs on top with leftover Five Guys fries.

In-N-Out fries well done animal style is the way to go.

In and Out is fucking awesome

How dare you guys

Your new best pal is a transplant to California and likes to bash anything associated with the state as much as possible. You should've stuck with your locale when choosing a team!

First Train camp casualty for the Giants?
Hope it's nothing..
Terrell Thomas just went to the sideline, had his leg worked on and then headed inside with a trainer. We'll keep you updated.

Mike Garafolo: "Been waiting to tweet this, per my new policy of being patient w/ injury updates, but Terrell Thomas is walking off w/ back issue.

I have exclusive images from the future after eznark and bionic get hyper-politically correct!

p8eVG.jpg
Can an Amish person be a bigot also? I thought they were super tolerant, the few I've met were.
In and Out is fucking awesome

How dare you guys
In and Out is how long I'd thought you'd last here.

Milchjon

I always thought Hitler would be a Pats fan. Then again he is probably a fair-weather fan and splits time between the Pats and Ravens depending on who is doing better.

And getting that fried chicken tomorrow. I don't think my kids ever had fried chicken before. I failed as a parent by making them wait almost 18 months to taste this perfect meal. Mmmm, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

What is creamed corn?

Yeah, I could probably just google that...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The fuck...

Jags coach Mike Mularkey to fine any Jags player speaking publicly about his injuries $10,000

That said, new Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey is taking this thing a bit too far. After the team's Friday practice, Mularkey revealed to the media that any Jags player speaking publicly about his injuries will be fined $10,000. The coach told his players about it in Thursday night's group meetings.

"One of them, it was up there more than once, was about speaking about injuries. [Head trainer] Mike Ryan talked about it, I had it up there more than once. Coordinators were told prior to that meeting every two weeks, two to three weeks I want you to stand in front of that room and tell them we're not going to talk about injuries. Even if mom says, 'How are you feeling?' If you tell your mom, go call coach Mularkey. I'm going overboard."

Also:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/snoop-dogg-supports-immediate-contract-mike-wallace-055158170--nfl.html

Pittsburgh Steelers training camp is open, and Mike Wallace did not show up, via tractor or anything else. He's a restricted free agent, and hasn't gotten the contract offer he'd like from the Steelers, so he's staying home.

Many Steelers fans are concerned about this. Among them is Snoop Dogg, and he shared his message with the Rooney family on the NFL Network on Thursday. The part relating to Mike Wallace is toward the end of the video.

If you can't watch the video, here's Snoop addressing "Rooney" (Art Rooney II, presumably, but I guess when you go by "Snoop," you've long since lost any concern for anyone else's name).

"Hey, Rooney, man. Get y'all thing together. Pay the man. Look, I know he ain't proven, you know, three, four years in the game, but we need him, man. I mean, you tell me somebody else that's gonna do what he do. We need him, man. Get it together. Y'all go 'head and have that conversation, you know, get the apples and oranges together so we can move on."

Apples. Oranges. Together, Rooney. Apparently, fruit salad can solve this whole thing.

I like to play a game with my friends called, "see if it's possible to not find a photo of snoop wearing a teams jersey or clothing".

Try it. Google snoop + nearly any team.

UberTag

The Steelers should send Wallace packing to the Jets so he can rejoin Santonio attempting to catch passes from QBs who can barely throw to stationary targets - let alone moving ones.

They can ride Antonio Brown until he gets a big head and wants money. Then, just repeat the process.

Godslay

Banned
Junie, MiamiWesker, TwinTurbo and Fantomex are all fins fans irc.

The Steelers should send Wallace packing to the Jets so he can rejoin Santonio attempting to catch passes from QBs who can barely throw to stationary targets - let alone moving ones.

They can ride Antonio Brown until he gets a big head and wants money. Then, just repeat the process.

If it can be believed Tebow has improved his accuracy after working with Brady's QB coach.

I'll protect you Dutch. You're okay.

That gator though...
I agree, that gator is a real problem.
Anyone up for some gator huntin'?
Who is this guy? Must be a male model

7PXsM.jpg
That's been shopped, I can tell by the pixels.
And the fact that Fatman is fat.
Nope. People on the internet have high moral standards.
Yeah, as proven by all the people calling future 13-time league and Super Bowl MVP Cam Newton a thief.

Top Bottom