• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

I don't understand this suit. Both sides agree to let the past be the past when they sign a labor agreement. Even if they didn't know everything. Otherwise, what's the point? Can the NFL now resurrect it's bad faith negotiating claim if it finds previously unreleased NFLPA memos?

And people need to separate being pro-owner versus pro-organization. I don't give much of a shit about the players or owners. I do care about the league and whatever team I happen to be cheering for. The owners ultimately care more about the long term quality of the game than the players, so their interests coincide with mine.

Marginal roster guys make in 3 years what Wal-Mart workers make in a lifetime. Why do people get so teary about players and their post-career lives? If you are going to get on your anti-corporate soapbox, surely there are groups are far more oppressed than poor NFL players

jakncoke

Banned
I don't understand this suit. Both sides agree to let the past be the past when they sign a labor agreement. Even if they didn't know everything. Otherwise, what's the point? Can the NFL now resurrect it's bad faith negotiating claim if it finds previously unreleased NFLPA memos?

And people need to separate being pro-owner versus pro-organization. I don't give much of a shit about the players or owners. I do care about the league and whatever team I happen to be cheering for. The owners ultimately care more about the long term quality of the game than the players, so their interests coincide with mine.

Marginal roster guys make in 3 years what Wal-Mart workers make in a lifetime. Why do people get so teary about players and their post-career lives? If you are going to get on your anti-corporate soapbox, surely there are groups are far more oppressed than poor NFL players

And a lot of them still have a degree in something to work with to keep making money! Or close enough to obtain a degree without any real struggle.

BigAT said:
Ugh, it's not even June and the Giants are already losing players to ACL tears and down a DB. Some things never change.
Super Bowl CONFIRMED!

Some info from the Giants OTA's

1'st team offensive line: LT James Brewer, RH RH Kevin Boothe, C David Baas, RG Chris Snee, RT David Diehl.

Most surprising info there is Brewer at LT. Though I'm betting he gets work on the right side as well and the team is gauging where he is. I vomit at the thought of Diehl at RT.

1'st team LB'ers: Kiwi, Blackburn and Boley

Rivers worked with the second team and is still learning the defense. Fewell had to correct him on reading a run early on and then he screwed up a drop which led to Jernigan completing an impressive pass in the middle of the field.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Niners sign Andy Lee to 6 year extension:

Pro Bowl San Francisco 49ers punter Andy Lee signed a six-year contract extension Wednesday, the team announced.

Terms weren't disclosed, but reports in the Bay Area speculated that the contract will make Lee the highest-paid punter in the NFL, or close to it. The Oakland Raiders' Shane Lechler, whose base salary will be $3.8 million in 2012, currently holds that distinction.

Lee's current contract was set to expire after the 2012 season.

"The 49ers are pleased to have reached a long-term contract extension with Andy," general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement. "Andy has established himself as one of the top players in the game at his position. He is a valued member of our organization and community. As we stated earlier this year, it is our objective to keep the core of this team together long term, and this is just another step in that direction."

He set NFL single-season records since at least 1976 for gross (50.9 yards) and net (44.0) punting averages last season. His 59.6-yard net average at home against Seattle last season was the third-highest for a game since at least 1976, the first year such stats were tracked officially (minimum four punts).

The 29-year-old Lee has been selected to the Pro Bowl three times in his career and has also been named to three All-Pro teams. He has played in 128 games for the 49ers and holds team records in punts (723), yards (33,069), gross average (45.7), net average (38.9) and punts downed inside the 20-yard line (209).

Since 2007, Lee's gross punting average (47.9) and net average (40.7) rank second in the NFL.

squicken

First major book releases season O/U

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=275359

Green Bay Packers

Over 12 wins -125
Under 12 wins -105

New England Patriots

Over 12 wins -120
Under 12 wins -110

Houston Texans

Over 10 wins -140
Under 10 wins +110

Philadelphia Eagles

Over 10 wins -135
Under 10 wins +105

New Orleans Saints

Over 10 wins -125
Under 10 wins -105

Pittsburgh Steelers

Over 10 wins -125
Under 10 wins -105

Baltimore Ravens

Over 10 wins -110
Under 10 wins -120

San Francisco 49ers

Over 10 wins +105
Under 10 wins -135

Denver Broncos

Over 9.5 wins -110
Under 9.5 wins -120

New York Giants

Over 9.5 wins -110
Under 9.5 wins -120

Detroit Lions

Over 9.5 wins +105
Under 9.5 wins -135

San Diego Chargers

Over 9 wins -130
Under 9 wins Even

Atlanta Falcons

Over 9 wins +105
Under 9 wins -135

Chicago Bears

Over 8.5 wins -135
Under 8.5 wins +105

Dallas Cowboys

Over 8.5 wins -125
Under 8.5 wins -105

New York Jets

Over 8.5 wins -115
Under 8.5 wins -115

Kansas City Chiefs

Over 8 wins -120
Under 8 wins -110

Cincinnati Bengals

Over 7.5 wins -130
Under 7.5 wins Even

Carolina Panthers

Over 7.5 wins -115
Under 7.5 wins -115

Miami Dolphins

Over 7.5 wins -110
Under 7.5 wins -120

Tennessee Titans

Over 7 wins -130
Under 7 wins Even

Buffalo Bills

Over 7 wins -110
Under 7 wins -120

Seattle Seahawks

Over 7 wins -110
Under 7 wins -120

Oakland Raiders

Over 7 wins -110
Under 7 wins -120

Arizona Cardinals

Over 7 wins -110
Under 7 wins -120

Washington Redskins

Over 6.5 wins Even
Under 6.5 wins -130

St. Louis Rams

Over 6 wins -110
Under 6 wins -120

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Over 6 wins -110
Under 6 wins -120

Minnesota Vikings

Over 6 wins Even
Under 6 wins -130

Cleveland Browns

Over 5.5 wins Even
Under 5.5 wins -130

Indianapolis Colts

Over 5.5 wins +105
Under 5.5 wins -135

Jacksonville Jaguars

Over 5.5 wins +105
Under 5.5 wins -135

Bowser

Easy money is under on SF and HOU, over on Colts

Colts aren't winning 6 games - just adding Luck isn't going to add 4 wins to their total. They're implementing a whole new offensive and defensive scheme and attempting to transition to a 3-4 without spending any premium picks on, ya know, guys that fit the 3-4.

squicken

Colts aren't winning 6 games - just adding Luck isn't going to add 4 wins to their total. They're implementing a whole new offensive and defensive scheme and attempting to transition to a 3-4 without spending any premium picks on, ya know, guys that fit the 3-4.

Houston has never beaten IND at IND
TEN is breaking in Locker, who is basically a rookie and sucks
Gabbert is sub-HS player
Vikes, Phins, Brownies at home

Easy money

LJ11

They got the best 3-4 nose in the draft, hopefully he's healthy. Way teams line up now it's hard distinguish a 3-4 from a 4-3, only team that probably runs a true two gap 3-4 is KC. Everyone else is close to a one gap 3-4.

Bowser

Houston has never beaten IND at IND
TEN is breaking in Locker, who is basically a rookie and sucks
Gabbert is sub-HS player
Vikes, Phins, Brownies at home

Easy money

I'll take Texans to sweep, split with Tennessee and Jacksonville (2-4 division), I'd take the Phins and Vikes over the Colts. They were swept by Gabbert last year ffs.

squicken

I'll take Texans to sweep, split with Tennessee and Jacksonville (2-4 division), I'd take the Phins and Vikes over the Colts. They were swept by Gabbert last year ffs.

Luck is legit. They made a point to give him targets. You should know how much more quickly rookies can adapt to the NFL than a few years ago. They were swept by Jax b/c they were tanking and playing C-Paint

If the Texans couldn't win in Indy last year then they are just never going to do it.

bluemax

Banned
They got the best 3-4 nose in the draft, hopefully he's healthy. Way teams line up now it's hard distinguish a 3-4 from a 4-3, only team that probably runs a true two gap 3-4 is KC. Everyone else is close to a one gap 3-4.

What do you make of the Seahawks scheme? I've read a lot about how its 3-4 principles with 4-3 personnel.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What do you make of the Seahawks scheme? I've read a lot about how its 3-4 principles with 4-3 personnel.

For some players, they aren't nearly as effective if they're not in a scheme that suits their talents. See Andre Carter in a 3-4 vs 4-3.

LJ11

Most definitely dude. I don't watch much of the Seahawks but he did it at USC with Cushing being the hybrid rusher, at that stage I didn't really know much about his D though.

A couple of years ago I read that Nike clinic presentation he did, at least I think it was a Nike clinic because he thanks them, and I immediately thought, wow this is very close to a 3-4. They just have a 3 tech and the NT doesn't always play over the nose. Rex Ryan & Co are very hybrid as well, they play a 46 D with 3 defensive linemen.

I'm sure you've read enough about Carroll's D. Here it is for anyone that's interested.

All you have to do is watch the first 2 or 3 minutes of that first blitz video, and even with the shit quality you can see how it mimics a 3-4. Double OLB blitzes, but the OLB is a two point stance DE. In another clip you have Cushing right over the TE in a press man look and then he comes rushing in and it's only a 4 man rush. It's good stuff.

His D has the potential to be pretty dangerous, there's a certain violence about it, lots of speed, pin your ears back and go.

Talon

Most definitely dude. I don't watch much of the Seahawks but he did it at USC with Cushing being the hybrid rusher, at that stage I didn't really know much about his D though.

A couple of years ago I read that Nike clinic presentation he did, at least I think it was a Nike clinic because he thanks them, and I immediately thought, wow this is very close to a 3-4. They just have a 3 tech and the NT doesn't always play over the nose. Rex Ryan & Co are very hybrid as well, they play a 46 D with 3 defensive linemen.

I'm sure you've read enough about Carroll's D. Here it is for anyone that's interested.

All you have to do is watch the first 2 or 3 minutes of that first blitz video, and even with the shit quality you can see how it mimics a 3-4. Double OLB blitzes, but the OLB is a two point stance DE. In another clip you have Cushing right over the TE in a press man look and then he comes rushing in and it's only a 4 man rush. It's good stuff.

His D has the potential to be pretty dangerous, there's a certain violence about it, lots of speed, pin your ears back and go.
Of course it was a lot easier at USC when Pete had superior athletes than all but 1 or 2 opponents a year.

cajunator

Banned
I'm thinking the Saints will win ten games if they can sort out all the bullshit going on.
If this drags on for much longer its going to start affecting practices and chemistry.
This is going to be an interesting season to watch with all the changes for sure, and that goes beyond the Saints. Will the Colts be worth a fuck? they say Luck is pretty good. Broncos are a wildcard with Manning coming back from significant surgery. I think what really gets me is how some teams like the Browns just continue to stay low key despite needing major help and its kind of baffling how it goes on year after year.

snesfreak

Banned
I'm thinking the Saints will win ten games if they can sort out all the bullshit going on.
If this drags on for much longer its going to start affecting practices and chemistry.
This is going to be an interesting season to watch with all the changes for sure, and that goes beyond the Saints. Will the Colts be worth a fuck? they say Luck is pretty good. Broncos are a wildcard with Manning coming back from significant surgery. I think what really gets me is how some teams like the Browns just continue to stay low key despite needing major help and its kind of baffling how it goes on year after year.
Aints aint gonna beat dem Bucs.

LJ11

Of course it was a lot easier at USC when Pete had superior athletes than all but 1 or 2 opponents a year.

Right, but he managed to get double digit sacks out of Clemons back to back years. I think they're a team to watch on Defensive side, and it's because of Carroll. Many of his USC defensive players haven't had success at the NFL level even though they excelled at USC, scheme vs talent I guess. Clemons looks like a force in that system, maybe he's a late bloomer or maybe he fits in with what they're doing.

I think outside of Rex's Jets, it's probably the only other team I want to watch on D. There are better defenses, but there's something about them I dig.

DMczaf

You can shit on us all you want, but my advice is to take all of your money and take the Over on the Bucs.

Make your jokes, but I'm just trying to make you guys money.

Talon

i hate summer
troy-landry.jpg

SHOOT HIM!

squicken

Wow Nintendo is really going to make a machine that can only match existing PS3 games? That's nuts for a home console. No wonder snes gets so upset.

Top Bottom