• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Doom 3 BFG? Hope they include the XBOX co-op. No flashlight was moronic for 1P, but co-op, having one player man the light while the other did the shooting was accidental brilliance. Wasn't there an expansion no one bought?

Rorschach

You call it a pursuit; Jim Harbaugh calls it an evaluation.

Two-and-a-half months after Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman traveled to North Carolina to see then-free-agent Peyton Manning work out, the 49ers coach, unprompted, revisited the team's interest in the Broncos quarterback Wednesday.

Harbaugh's big points:

-- The 49ers were "evaluating" Manning, not pursuing or "flirting" with him. "It's silly and it's untrue. It's phony," he said.

-- Even if the 49ers had signed Manning, they still planned to re-sign Alex Smith and let the quarterbacks battle for the starting job.
Harbaugh is either crazy or is smart and knows his audience is FMT.

Harbaugh is either crazy or is smart and knows his audience is FMT.

why wouldn't they want alex back either way? he already proved he can win games, he understands harbaughs offense and there's no guarantee peypey would stay healthy. and alex would've come back! he knows he's nothing without harbs!

Rorschach

why wouldn't they want alex back either way? he already proved he can win games, he understands harbaughs offense and there's no guarantee peypey would stay healthy. and alex would've come back! he knows he's nothing without harbs!

And they would have "battled" for the position? Come on. COME ON!

eznark

Banned

He has one winning season in seven. He hasn't proven shit.

And they would have "battled" for the position? Come on. COME ON!

yeah, a battle that peypey would've won!

eznark said:
He has one winning season in seven. He hasn't proven shit.

should i base my 2012 expectations on him from 2005-2010 (when he had awful coaching) or from 2011 when he had a real coach?

Jesus this trolling is awful.

what trolling? everything i said was true. prove me wrong!

eznark

Banned
Winning percentage was better in the North, you've been proven wrong.

I think you should base your expectations on your wildest dreams. The 7-9 season will be that much more enjoyable for the rest of us!

are we talking about rodgers now?
Only if you are using Quincy math.

are we talking about rodgers now?

iAnIjMhebO1P9.gif

I think you should base your expectations on your wildest dreams. The 7-9 season will be that much more enjoyable for the rest of us!

but my wildest dreams for last year was going 10-6 and losing to the mcnabb-led vikings in the wildcard round so they were exceeded. with that logic, we will win the superbowl this year and i will rule over NFL-age with an iron fist forever!

eznark

Banned
but my wildest dreams for last year was going 10-6 and losing to the mcnabb-led vikings in the wildcard round so they were exceeded. with that logic, we will win the superbowl this year and i will rule over NFL-age with an iron fist forever!

You should make it a stainless steel fist. Jerking yourself off with a fistful of acidic diarrhea will cause the iron to rust.

rusty_fist.jpg

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
edit: lol Stern fixed the lottery for New Orleans. Why do people still think the NBA is a sport? It's an exhibition. Like gymnastics. Certainly participated in by athletes, but not a sport

Late, but Vince McMahon thinks your league is rigged. The team the NBA owns and runs and is currently trying to sell gets the number one pick? Holy shiznit.

Jay Pout or Stafford we must choose nfl gaf

Why can't we have both?

squicken

Is that recent? I thought I had read a profile on him where he had committed to weight lifting and gained a bunch of arm strength after getting to know some Bay Area trainers? That was around the time Favre left

Isn't Pete Carroll pitting all 5 of his QBs against each other? Harbaugh tried to sign 10 different QBs before settling for Alex. Besides Bradford, there isn't an elite talent in the division

edit: lol Stern fixed the lottery for New Orleans. Why do people still think the NBA is a sport? It's an exhibition. Like gymnastics. Certainly participated in by athletes, but not a sport

I was so pissed when I saw the Bobcats didnt win the lottery. The NBA really is a joke sometimes.

squicken

I was so pissed when I saw the Bobcats didnt win the lottery. The NBA really is a joke sometimes.

Sometimes? It killed the trade early in the year that screwed the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets. Consequently it helped NO have an awful record, making it plausible that they win the lottery. A bundled #1 pick made it an easier sell to the potential buyer.

I stopped watching basketball because of Steve Francis and the realization that the league via its officials actively decided the outcome of games. The Rockets could win the lottery 5 times in a row and go undefeated and I still wouldn't watch. It's a joke sport

I am still amazed that the NBA shot down a trade because other owners were upset about the LAkers improving. No other sport would dream of doing something like that. All week on ESPN they had stories about the upcoming draft and every time they stressed what a crap shoot it is and how the team with the worst record usually doesnt win it, it was like they were conditioning people for when the league fixed it.

squicken

In theory, I like the idea of a lottery. I don't know about hockey and soccer, but in baseball and football, teams mostly still play to win even when out of the playoff race. With basketball, coaches and players just mail it in for the final month or so. Teams tank even with a lottery. God only knows how bad it would get if the #1 overall went to the worst record

I agree they have to have some protection but there has to be a way to pick balls that is transparent so that it cant be fixed. The fact that they pick the balls in some other room where people cant see doesnt do much to get people to trust the process. This year is exactly like the year Crosby came out in the NHL. The Pens were going to move , they were in terrible shape, and they magically won the lottery and get a franchise player that saved the team.

eznark

Banned
Bitching about a scripted and rigged "sport" being rigged is hilarious to me. Next you'll cry that the Hitman got robbed by the ref in Wrestlemania.

In theory, I like the idea of a lottery. I don't know about hockey and soccer, but in baseball and football, teams mostly still play to win even when out of the playoff race. With basketball, coaches and players just mail it in for the final month or so. Teams tank even with a lottery. God only knows how bad it would get if the #1 overall went to the worst record

No they don't. They trade off valuable pieces at the deadline and expand rosters to turn September into essentially a Spring tryout.

That said, I don't think it has much to do with the draft. The number one overall pick in baseball is generally not terribly valuable. Signability, inability to trade, time to big league production and projection difficulties provide very little incentive to lose games in order to move from say the 6th pick to the 1st.

squicken

Bitching about a scripted and rigged "sport" being rigged is hilarious to me. Next you'll cry that the Hitman got robbed by the ref in Wrestlemania.

No they don't. They trade off valuable pieces at the deadline and expand rosters to turn September into essentially a Spring tryout.

That said, I don't think it has much to do with the draft. The number one overall pick in baseball is generally not terribly valuable. Signability, inability to trade, time to big league production and projection difficulties provide very little incentive to lose games in order to move from say the 6th pick to the 1st.

Well that's the GMs. The coaches and players on the field are still trying to win. Young call ups trying to make an impression and vets with pending arbitration or FA. There are obviously exceptions like Jabba the Lee, who hasn't tried in 4 years.

Basketball coaches will hardly pay attention at the end of a long season, and players become almost completely disinterested in defense.

Baseball is totally different then basketball and hockey. This year there is a clear number 1 pick in the NBA. When Crosby came out everyone knew he would be great before he was even drafted. Those teams have to have lotteries because teams will tank for a sure fire franchise player.

eznark

Banned
Baseball is totally different then basketball and hockey. This year there is a clear number 1 pick in the NBA. When Crosby came out everyone knew he would be great before he was even drafted. Those teams have to have lotteries because teams will tank for a sure fire franchise player.

That......was my point?

jakncoke

Banned
Some day MLB will get back into the 21st century and allow the Pirates to just outright trade their picks for over the hill vets so they can suck for eternity.

Only if you are using Quincy math.

7-9 division winners are still a 4 seed!

I am still amazed that the NBA shot down a trade because other owners were upset about the LAkers improving. No other sport would dream of doing something like that. All week on ESPN they had stories about the upcoming draft and every time they stressed what a crap shoot it is and how the team with the worst record usually doesnt win it, it was like they were conditioning people for when the league fixed it.

The owners owned the hornets though. They dont anymore because Tom benson bought them but at the time they did

jakncoke

Banned
i wonder how salty bobcat fans are to be 7 and :jncing 59 and not get the #1 pick. lol they finished the season by losing 23 in a row.

Top Bottom