• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

lol kolb

PF18z.png

Yeah they are alternating weeks between Kolb and Skelton. It's OTA's....

squicken

Great article by Greg Cosell on the myth of the "winner QB": http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/30/cosell-talks-hes-a-winner/?module=HP11_cp

Well this is true and not true. I loved Warren Moon, but when he got to the playoffs he just never made that great play or throw to win the game. Now maybe his WRs weren't getting open. But I think a great QB finds a way to stem the tide when Buffalo made that comeback. Both Montana and Elway had great drives and throws that knocked the Oilers out of the playoffs. Moon just never did those things. So shorthand, it's just easier to say that he wasn't a winner.

But it's true in the sense that Troy Aikman won 3 SBs and I'm not really sure how much of that really goes to him. I definitely wouldn't call him a "winner"

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
those cowboys teams of the 90s were pretty impressive considering how mediocre Aikman, Irvin, and Smith were... you guys are getting pretty ridiculous with that...

Talon

Aikman was good, but I'd be hard pressed to say he was in the top 2 or 3 in his era.

We can argue about this to high heaven, but I'd rather take Elway* and Marino over him from the guys that hit the league in the 80s.

Dat Defense and Dat O-line. And Dat Irvin.

*I am a self-avowed Elway lover.

Talon

Carlos Rogers?
Extremely late

Ps

Young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> aikman
Are we talking about in the eyes of mormon God*?

But, seriously, I like Young better than Aikman as well, but Cowboys fans have a good argument with that one.

*Not to confuse with Judeo-Christian God.

squicken

those cowboys teams of the 90s were pretty impressive considering how mediocre Aikman, Irvin, and Smith were... you guys are getting pretty ridiculous with that...

I never said Smith was mediocre and have never commented on Irvin other than offensive PI and cocaine.

Those Cowboys teams were sooooo much faster than every other team in the league on defense. It was unreal. The big brutes of the Giants and Redskins were immediately obsolete

Has a #1 pick ever had as good of a supporting cast as cam newton had last year? I pondered this question today and the answer was no. 2 good rbs, a good veteran oline, a really good Wr, good tightends. Usually #1 picks are coming to a team with absolute garbage

Talon

Has a #1 pick ever had as good of a supporting cast as cam newton had last year? I pondered this question today and the answer was no. 2 good rbs, a good veteran oline, a really good Wr, good tightends. Usually #1 picks are coming to a team with absolute garbage
Matt came into a good situation between Roddy White and Michael Turner. The offensive line was relatively patchwork at that point (Dahl and Clabo were picked off of FA for cheap - Blalock and Baker were draft picks - McClure had been with us forever).

There's no myth. If given the choice every qb would rather win.

And lol never change sorry ass cardinals!

At least our coaching staff don't let the other two portions of the team trick us into thinking a QB the quality of small hands is the answer. Stick with a shit offense SF, the SB always just beyond your reach!

At least our coaching staff don't let the other two portions of the team trick us into thinking a QB the quality of small hands is the answer. Stick with a shit offense SF, the SB always just beyond your reach!

Yeah, awful offense 11th in scoring. The Super Bowl might have been slightly out of reach last year but the playoffs will always be out of reach for the cards!

Bowser

Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore had the same supporting cast as Newton (sans Shockey) and led us to one of the the worst offenses in NFL history and a 2-14 record. Stop trying to discount Cam's greatness bro.

Milchjon

"Sadly, George had a problem with alcohol and was found homeless on the streets of Denver in 1983. After staying sober for several years, Herring had a relapse in 1994 and committed suicide within two days of his 25-year old son Lance also killing himself. In a bizarre side note, Lance’s stepfather had also committed suicide two months before."

Hmmm...

Yeah, awful offense 11th in scoring. The Super Bowl might have been slightly out of reach last year but the playoffs will always be out of reach for the cards!

The whole league blew last year, let's see how this season goes now that things are back to normal with a proper off season, etc. Any team that lives off of FG's should not be bragging about offensive prowess. We'll get to the playoffs soon enough, don't you worry about that! Actually, I still wouldn't mind having both our teams make it into the playoffs just to shut other people the fuck up about our division.

jakncoke

Banned
i think i may be confusing you to be a Chargers fan? I think i remember you now as a Ravens fan. But the point is still pretty valid! on paper Flacco stats are pretty good.

Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore had the same supporting cast as Newton (sans Shockey) and led us to one of the the worst offenses in NFL history and a 2-14 record. Stop trying to discount Cam's greatness bro.

It was basically the same team as your 12-4 team from a couple years prior. Cam was better than the worst qb in the league (jimmy c). Thumbs up!

The whole league blew last year, let's see how this season goes now that things are back to normal with a proper off season, etc. Any team that lives off of FG's should not be bragging about offensive prowess. We'll get to the playoffs soon enough, don't you worry about that! Actually, I still wouldn't mind having both our teams make it into the playoffs just to shut other people the fuck up about our division.

Better than having no tds or fgs like we did with dingleberry!

And people wont stop dissing the NFC west until we have multiple teams in the playoffs :(

jakncoke

Banned
lol Hawaii pays the NFL 4.2 million to host the Pro Bowl . suckers.

He added his talks with the league have included introducing longer-term ideas that reach far beyond the Pro Bowl, such as establishing a developmental league based in Hawaii.

that sounds like a money pit. nfl really should get a minor league system started though on the main land.

squicken

wasn't trying to attribute that entire sentiment to you, but sorry for speaking so generally.

I didn't take it personally. I remember the Emmitt conversation from a few days ago, and just wanted to remind you I said he was very good, just not great

And of course we've all forgot the biggest reason they won those Super Bowls

QkGOe.jpg

ajf009

lol Hawaii pays the NFL 4.2 million to host the Pro Bowl . suckers.

that sounds like a money pit. nfl really should get a minor league system started though on the main land.

idk if they need a minor league system, the afl and cfl fit that role nicely

Top Bottom