• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

bionic77

While I think investments in space exploration from both the government and private sector are important, I think it is probably a better return on investment to sustain and explore the oceans instead. In many ways it is as challenging as space exploration.

squicken

If we stacked the countries poor people on top of each other, how close to the moon would it get us? Two birds, one stone.

I like that we're thinking outside the box here, but we'd still need some sort of high altitude poor stacking machine.

edit: fuck the ocean. So many damn hurricanes I've had to live through. All we need to invest in is killing it with oil

While I think investments in space exploration from both the government and private sector are important, I think it is probably a better return on investment to sustain and explore the oceans instead. In many ways it is as challenging as space exploration.

Oceans and deep underground, we don't even know our own planet through and through and yet we want to take over other planets., but let's be real, going into 'space' sounds a lot sexier than digging a hole in the ground. Not that I'm not all for space exploration, it has been what 50 since we walked on the moon, time to fucking do shit. Stagnation is for losers.

eznark

Banned
Oceans and deep underground, we don't even know our own planet through and through and yet we want to take over other planets., but let's be real, going into 'space' sounds a lot sexier than digging a hole in the ground. Not that I'm not all for space exploration, it has been what 50 since we walked on the moon, time to fucking do shit. Stagnation is for losers.

You didn't do shit you slimy Euro. Stop taking credit for the accomplishments of your betters.

But stagnation is what the Pats do best.

Stagnation at the top at least, where them Browns at ?

Also, Game Of Thrones Author Says Patriots Are The NFL’s Lannisters

Bill = Tywin Lannister
Tom Brady = Cersei Lannister (They're both so dreamy and pretty)
Danny Woodhead = Tyrion Lannister
Mallett = Jaime Lannister

#TeamLannister!

You didn't do shit you slimy Euro. Stop taking credit for the accomplishments of your betters.

I was gonna invite you to my thinking tank for my space program, but not anymore.

You are such an adorable European!

I'm gonna have a thinking tank party at my diner were we will be eating frozen pizza!

tumblr_m4spojQL0J1qfaqieo1_r1_500.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Stagnation at the top at least, where them Browns at ?

Also, Game Of Thrones Author Says Patriots Are The NFL’s Lannisters

Bill = Tywin Lannister
Tom Brady = Cersei Lannister (They're both so dreamy and pretty)
Danny Woodhead = Tyrion Lannister
Mallett = Jaime Lannister

#TeamLannister!

I was gonna invite you to my thinking tank for my space program, but not anymore.

As if the Browns are good enough to even be stagnate. We find new ways to suck, I hardly call that stagnation.

Now as for your Lannisters you got it all wrong:

Robert Kraft - Tywin Lannister
Tom Brady - Lancel Lannister
Wes Welker - Tyrion Lannister
Bill Belichek - Jaime Lannister

Not sure who Cersei would be though.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@TheBlueScreen

TE Martellus Bennett is listed at 265. Says Mike Pope: "He weighed in at 291 ... That's probably a little too big for his legs to carry. "

Ralph Vacchiano
Also in Football TEs coach Mike Pope on Martellus Bennett's conditioning: "We run a lot more than he might have been accustomed to. Plus we are in the middle of a weight program and the combination of those two things has caused him, especially, to have some problems with his hamstrings. He can’t afford to miss time, either, because he needs every possible rep he can take." #NYG

That shit ain't gonna fly with the Giants, Marty. Need to get your shit in gear. This is why you got signed to minimum one year money.

RBH

4fbd5cb9bc15b.image.jpg

ST. LOUIS • The agency that runs the Edward Jones Dome rejected the St. Louis Rams’ plan for an overhaul of the building this morning.

The St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission said no to the renovation plan, according to Kara Bowlin, a spokeswoman for St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay.

Jeff Rainford, the mayor's chief of staff, added: "It was expected. I think the Rams probably expected it ... and are preparing for arbitration."

Rainford said he had wanted the offer rejected because the price tag was too high and construction would close the building for too long.

City officials have estimated the team's proposal could cost $700 million and would make it impossible to book large conventions during construction.

The Rams' plan was a counteroffer to a $124 million proposal put forward by the CVC and later rejected by the team.

The CVC and Rams have until June 15th to strike a deal on renovating the Dome or will go into arbitration.

The Rams’ lease of the Dome requires that it be a "first-tier" facility in 15 categories by 2015 .
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7b12a456-abe3-11e1-a8a1-0019bb30f31a.html

RBH

Last week, Jacksonville City Hall told the Jaguars it had defaulted on its contract with the city.

Wednesday, team owner Shad Khan sent the city a blistering letter, saying he was "shocked," "perplexed" and "at a loss."

Hours later, the city withdrew its charge, calling it a "misunderstanding."

The withdrawal — featuring apologetic letters from the mayor and general counsel — came after Khan said the city took an "unprecedented" step by saying the team had defaulted.

In his letter, Khan spent a page detailing the ways he has shown his commitment to the city in the past five months.

"Suffice it to say I am committed to the economic growth of Jacksonville and its NFL franchise," he wrote.

Then, the claws came out.

"Please advise us of the method of your implementation of the default and termination, if that is your intention," Khan wrote. "We are on the cusp of training camp to begin the NFL season and will need to act quickly."

That statement was not to be read as a threat, team spokesman Dan Edwards said.

"It's a request to know what our status or standing is," Edwards said early Wednesday afternoon.

Later in the day, the team knew.

"As a city, we have no interest in doing anything but strengthening our relationship with you and the entire Jaguars organization," Mayor Alvin Brown wrote to Khan in a letter that was faxed, emailed and hand-delivered.

The charge of default stems from the city's move to ink a new multimillion-dollar contract to oversee operations at EverBank Field and a slew of other city-owned entertainment venues, including Veterans Memorial Arena and the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts.

Two companies — SMG and Global Spectrum — submitted proposals to do the job. Within a week, the Jaguars sent the city a letter saying it had picked SMG, which has been managing city facilities since 1991.

General Counsel Cindy Laquidara responded with the default letter on Friday.

The city did not respond to multiple phone calls to chief of staff Chris Hand, communications director David DeCamp and Laquidara.

The mix-up seems to stem from dueling city documents laying out procedures as to how to pick the new manager.

The contract between the Jaguars and the city says the selection must be done jointly.
An amendment to the request for proposals, however, lays out a process in which the city and the team make their pick and then meet to discuss.

The letter by Laquidara withdrawing the default charge said she was unaware of the amendment, something of which the mayor said he was also unaware.

That amendment was issued May 9 and signed by two employees from the city's procurement department. There is no indication in the document that the General Counsel's Office was involved in preparing it, although Laquidara describes it in her letter on Wednesday as being agreed to by one of her attorneys, Karen Chastain.

The amendment was drawn up after the Jaguars complained that they had been left out of the loop.

In her Wednesday letter, Laquidara said she had been working under the terms agreed to between her and the team's general counsel a month ago, after the team complained about the city moving ahead without it.

In a letter to the team outlining that agreement, Laquidara refers only to the lease, acknowledging that the two parties must come to a mutual agreement on a manager.

"Given the long-standing positive relationship between the Jaguars and the city, and new information which appears to indicate that the two parties simply have a misunderstanding on this matter, I hereby withdraw any notice of default," she wrote.

In a separate letter, Brown reiterated that he was not trying to do anything that would jeopardize the city's relationship with the team.

"Let me be crystal clear: The city of Jacksonville has absolutely no intention whatsoever of terminating its lease with the Jacksonville Jaguars," he wrote.
http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...ws-letter-shocked-and-perplexed-jaguars-owner

Jets linebacker Bart Scott thinks NFL commissioner Roger Goodell should stop worrying about the Pro Bowl.

The NFL announced this week that there will be a Pro Bowl this year after speculation that Goodell wanted to get rid of the All-Star event.

"For him to want to comment the Pro Bowl was before his reign and it will be after his reign," Scott said. "It's not up to him, I believe, to cancel the Pro Bowl. It's tradition. It ain't about that. … You can't make someone go out there and blow their knee out. I'm not going to blow a receiver up coming across the middle. It's the offseason. Why? It's an exhibition game."

Goodell expressed concerns about the level of competition after this year's game.

"What is he talking about? Tell him to get out there and put a jersey on," Scott said.

Scott went to the Pro Bowl in 2006 with the Baltimore Ravens. He said the actual game is not the main event of the Pro Bowl. He feels it's more about the activities surrounding the Pro Bowl.

"It's about the festivities," he said. "The game is just a cherry on top."

Scott does not want to see the game go away.

"It's a part of the fabric of football," Scott said. "It's a celebration for everyone to enjoy and get their families out. They've earned the right to be an All-Star."
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsb...issioner_n4jdfYO7cxHxY3ALSXljJI#ixzz1wXMQjoVF

"It's about the festivities," he said. "The game is just a cherry on top."

Scott does not want to see the game go away.

"It's a part of the fabric of football," Scott said. "It's a celebration for everyone to enjoy and get their families out. They've earned the right to be an All-Star."
So then why have the game, again? I'm ok with having an All-Star competition of some type but why does it have to be a game? Do competitive drills or something that would be decently enjoyable to watch instead of a wanna be football game that said All-Stars don't bother to take seriously anyway.

Scott said it best - you can't make him go out there and try in the current Pro-Bowl setup so why the fuck would I want to watch it?

His entire rant boils down to: "I like chilling in Hawaii or Tampa with my family and all of the partying! How dare you take that away?!"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Basically the Pro Bowl is an all expenses paid vacation for the players and Bart Scott doesn't want to lose that.

The game isn't the cherry on top or else people wouldn't call it the Pro Bowl. The game is the whole point of it all. There are no festivities or vacation without the game.

edit: Beaten like the Packers in the playoffs...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So then why have the game, again? I'm ok with having an All-Star competition of some type but why does it have to be a game? Do competitive drills or something that would be decently enjoyable to watch instead of a wanna be football game that said All-Stars don't bother to take seriously anyway.

Scott said it best - you can't make him go out there and try in the current Pro-Bowl setup so why the fuck would I want to watch it?

Because they've earned the right to a free vacation. They don't get paid enough for that shit, man.

RBH

Even as he consistently describes himself as "detailed," one particular detail pushed by new Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano comes off as a bit much.

When he was the Rutgers coach, did hotel meeting rooms really need to be set at a precise temperature before road games, as Sports Illustrated's Peter King first reported?

Schiano doesn't deny it. He explains it.

"If you've ever been with a group of men in a meeting room, you know that if you put 70 guys in a room, the temperature goes up right away," Schiano said in a phone interview from his office at One Buc Place. "That might make it harder to focus, if you're worried about trying not to suffocate. Those are the details most people don't tend to. I don't know if I put more on that than anyone else, but I make sure we're thorough. You can bitch about stuff when it doesn't go right. Or you can get out in front of it."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...reg-schiano-has-the-details-down-for-the-bucs

WanderingWind said:
Because they've earned the right to a free vacation. They don't get paid enough for that shit, man.
That last bit gave me a good laugh.;)

"If you've ever been with a group of men in a meeting room, you know that if you put 70 guys in a room, the temperature goes up right away," Schiano said in a phone interview from his office at One Buc Place. "That might make it harder to focus, if you're worried about trying not to suffocate. Those are the details most people don't tend to. I don't know if I put more on that than anyone else, but I make sure we're thorough. You can bitch about stuff when it doesn't go right. Or you can get out in front of it."
I spend a good portion of my days in cramped ass rooms huddled with other management in a slew of meetings and as silly as it sounds - I can't quite disagree with what he's saying. It does get hot as fuck and it does make it harder to focus.

His entire rant boils down to: "I like chilling in Hawaii or Tampa with my family and all of the partying! How dare you take that away?!"

i used to love watching the QB challenge :(

FrenchMovieThem said:
That'd be great. I would prefer that and other type of challenges for them to partake in. Have a decent competition that doesn't require tackling or other things that would put these guys in danger of getting injured while providing something watchable to NFL fans.

bionic77

Tom Brady is Brienne, because no one can tell if s/he is a man or a woman.
That doesn't work. Looking at Brady's combine picture he has teats that are big enough to be confused with a woman's and more importantly Brienne knew how to fight and could fuck people up. Can anyone say that of Tammy?

Who is the eunuch who run's shit in Kings Landing? That is the one that reminds of Brady. If not him then we can always go with Moon Boy.

I am with you on that one bro.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
super high impact football was the best bad football game of that era.

Top Bottom