• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Blackwater was the big hurrah so I came into this episode expecting a good bit of setup for S3. It worked on that level for me and left me wanting more. I've never read the books so I'm in the "ignorance is bliss" camp as far as any of the changes are concerned.

Game of Thrones is borderline garbage in this truncated form.

I don't know what it'd be like to the non-book reader watching it but as a book reader it's pretty painful all the stuff that's left out.
No context for various scenes, virtually no backstory whatsoever.

Yeah yeah I know...

T5TYe.gif

My roommate and I just started watching season 4 of madmen.

The end of 3 was pretty awesome but Im finding 4 to drag a bit. Admittedly Im only 3 episodes in but still.

Man that Nintendo thing yesterday was so funny. I hope we get some details on what that Mario game they showed was. Hopefully it is a cheap download game and they have a new 2d Mario for WiiU coming out that has all new models for the characters. The black WiiU looked good, and I am so glad there will be a real controller for the system. Hopefully all games will be playable with it.

Milchjon

After two days two days of nonstop downpour in Holland I've come to the realization that it isn't worth annexing. Time to look further east for future Lebensraum.

When it's sunny, it's fucking beautiful, though. And lots of yummy, strong Belgian beer. Has anyone tried Delirium Tremens before?

Still, I didn't intend to spend so much time playing Guitar Hero and watching Community.

After two days two days of nonstop downpour in Holland I've come to the realization that it isn't worth annexing. Time to look further east for future Lebensraum.

When it's sunny, it's fucking beautiful, though. And lots of yummy, strong Belgian beer. Has anyone tried Delirium Tremens before?

Still, I didn't intend to spend so much time playing Guitar Hero and watching Community.

You went to Kafee Belgie ?

Also, you should try Russia, I've heard that it's easy to conquer.

eznark

Banned
Bucket you are a jackass. The worst thing about Game of Thrones is the fucking writing. Martin is a fucking abomination of a writer. The show is significantly better. If it were up to me, the script writers would finish the series and GRRM could keep having sex with turkeys before he eats them while.

Slo

Bucket you are a jackass. The worst thing about Game of Thrones is the fucking writing. Martin is a fucking abomination of a writer. The show is significantly better. If it were up to me, the script writers would finish the series and GRRM could keep having sex with turkeys before he eats them while.

talky.gif

RBH

Talks between the NFL and its officials for a new contract have broken off, according to league sources.

The news was conveyed to the 32 teams in an email that the league sent on Sunday, the sources said. In the email, the NFL advised the teams that, at this time, it is now working to begin hiring replacement officials.

The league will look to hire officials from anywhere but the BCS conferences because those officials are run by NFL officials, and the NFL doesn't want to put the BCS officials in an awkward situation. Elite NCAA officials who have retired and officials from small college conferences and arena football will be considered, a league source said.

The league had sent a memo to its officiating scouting department last month to begin identifying possible replacements in case talks broke down.

In 2001, the league used replacement officials for one preseason game, then the first weekend of the regular season. But after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a new deal soon was reached that carried through 2005. Another contract was agreed on in 2006.

The NFL Referees Association has 121 on-field members and also represents the 17 replay officials and more than 100 retired officials.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8006771/nfl-talks-officials-break-sources-say

eznark

Banned
NFL refs will strike for maybe two pre-season games before caving. Remember replacement umps in baseball? They lasted what, a week?

ZTF23.gif

Seriously though, everything with the Night's Watch is an abomination.

Yes, Martin is an awful writer but that doesn't mean he doesn't stumble upon some good ideas from time to time.

eznark

Banned

Yes, Martin is an awful writer but that doesn't mean he doesn't stumble upon some good ideas from time to time.

I haven't watched the latest episode but up to now, it seemed fine. Cut out a lot of Martin's cruff.

lol, Halo Again: Refinish the Same Fight

blech

Talon

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit about Halo anymore? I'm tired of being disappointed by 8 hour campaigns that start with a bang but slowly deteriorate.

Oh, good, another hint towards "Rampancy" to satiate the Marathon nerds.

We need to revisit the word "awful."

"Awful" is reserved for writers like Thomas Hardy or anyone involved with comic books.

I don't love ASoIAF, but I don't really read much fantasy nowadays. So I'm not exactly the right guy to ask. Been catching up on south american literature over the last year.

eznark

Banned
Now that they are turning Halo into Metroid Prime I might care again.

And Martin belongs among the worst of the worst writers.

Talon

Wrong. This game should be Spliter Cell: Predator. Direct drone strikes against Pakistan (note: Males over the age of 18 do not qualify as civilians). Gobble up a neo-realist perspective of IR, where air power mostly determines the victor.
Now that they are turning Halo into Metroid Prime I might care again.

And Martin belongs among the worst of the worst writers.
Jude the Obscure is the worst book ever written. Worse than 50 Shades of Buttclamps. Tess of the D'Urbervilles is a shittier version of Madame Bovary and The Awakening.

We will ignore the fact that the latter two came out a full 50 years after Tess of the WHOGIVESASHIT

eznark

Banned
Microsoft is out of ideas. This is an abomination of a show.

Also, they have all the sports! (Except the only one people in America care about)

LJ11

I really like Tomb Raider, Anniversary was great, this new game isn't Tomb Raider. Shame.

Maybe I'm getting older, but most games seem to have morphed into the same thing. At least Halo looked good.

eznark

Banned
Microsoft is completely out of ideas. Bringing a boom blox/angry birds demo? Are you kidding me?

The only game they showed that I will buy on the 360 is Halo and maaaaaaaybe the game from the Toy Soldiers guys because they are fucking rad.

LJ11

Montana will show up to anything as long as you lay out the cash. Didn't he skip out on some SB, think it was Pats/Rams, because the NFL wasn't kicking in $. Dude sells sketchers.

Smartglass could be cool, MS mobile hardware is largely irrelevant which makes the whole thing rather humorous.

Top Bottom