• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

snesfreak

Banned
Montana will show up to anything as long as you lay out the cash. Didn't he skip out on some SB, think it was Pats/Rams, because the NFL wasn't kicking in $. Dude sells sketchers.

Smartglass could be cool, MS mobile hardware is largely irrelevant though.
Hey, he's coming back!

eznark

Banned
Montana will show up to anything as long as you lay out the cash. Didn't he skip out on some SB, think it was Pats/Rams, because the NFL wasn't kicking in $. Dude sells sketchers.

Smartglass could be cool, MS mobile hardware is largely irrelevant which makes the whole thing rather humorous.

They'll have a huge push this fall with Windows 8. It could be cool but a lot of it looked like Kinect would be required and fuck that shit.

The Microsoft conference was one of the worst I've watched in years. It's E3 - where the fuck are the games? UGH. The Halo 4 demo was decent and Tomb Raider looked good but Splinter Cell was garbage. Remember when Splinter Cell was about stealth? Yeah, neither do I.

The lag during the Madden demo was hilarious too.

SET HIKE!

*waits 3 seconds*

*game hikes the ball*

jakncoke

Banned
The Microsoft conference was one of the worst I've watched in years. It's E3 - where the fuck are the games? UGH. The Halo 4 demo was decent and Tomb Raider looked good but Splinter Cell was garbage. Remember when Splinter Cell was about stealth? Yeah, neither do I.

The lag during the Madden demo was hilarious too.

SET HIKE!

*waits 3 seconds*

*game hikes the ball*

Probably just doing it this way and blowing out 2013 with Xbox3 shit

Didn't watch the conference, but as far as I can tell:

1) basically none of the games MS showed are interesting to me.
2) the prospect of being able to watch sports in HD on my 360 without needing a TV subscription is legitimately exciting. Can't wait to see how they eff it up!
3) I expect both MS and Nintendo to fail horrendously, but I can't wait for the future where I can auto-sync what I'm watching on TV to my laptop/phone while I'm away in the kitchen
ok, more likely the bathroom
, then go back to normal when I return.

squicken

Splinter Cell was garbage. Remember when Splinter Cell was about stealth? Yeah, neither do I.

It's basically we can have a $80m no stealth/no interactivity SC or we can have no SC. They weren't making the money they needed to off the stealth. I laughed when Rubin was talking about THQ finding the middle between blockbuster and iPad game. The middle is dead

jakncoke said:
Probably just doing it this way and blowing out 2013 with Xbox3 shit
There's no doubt that part of the issue is that the next generation of consoles is coming but even by that barometer I was stunned by how completely bereft of games and EFFORT there was at that conference. When the South Park guys had to save your conference - well....

squicken said:
It's basically we can have a $80m no stealth/no interactivity SC or we can have no SC.
Yeah and I'd prefer none than yet another Call of Duty/Michael Bay action movie military shooter. The demo started well enough with a nice stealth kill and then BOOM. Explosions and gun fire everywhere. I remember when that was FAILURE mode in Splinter Cell. If you got to that point you know you had fucked up. Now it's the actual gameplay? UGH.

LJ11 said:
Survival Horror is dead. God Bless Amnesia and the PC for having smaller titles to bring it back to life from time to time. I'll even give the most recent Silent Hill a nod. It was a mess technically but at least it was an actual survival horror game.

There's no doubt that part of the issue is that the next generation of consoles is coming but even by that barometer I was stunned by how completely bereft of games and EFFORT there was at that conference. When the South Park guys had to save your conference - well....

USHER WAS FUCKING AMAZING! THEM MOVES!

LJ11

Survival Horror is dead. God Bless Amnesia and the PC for having smaller titles to bring it back to life from time to time. I'll even give the most recent Silent Hill a nod. It was a mess technically but at least it was an actual survival horror game.

I really want to play Amnesia.

squicken

Yeah and I'd prefer none than yet another Call of Duty/Michael Bay action movie military shooter. The demo started well enough with a nice stealth kill and then BOOM. Explosions and gun fire everywhere. I remember when that was FAILURE mode in Splinter Cell. If you got to that point you know you had fucked up. Now it's the actual gameplay? UGH.

Ubi games, the goal is to look cool. I'm serious. You can't actually die in AC or SC as far as I can tell. Everything is about being a badass, and when you don't look like a badass, that is the unstated fail state.

I loved R63 and Chaos Theory but that Ubi is gone. It might just be we're too old. The 20 year old of 2012 likes no fail Fisher and auto-tuned Usher

Spike.

Pitchfork was doing an interview and they were showing footage.

Haven't seen anything on the game since the GI spread.

Looks nice visually, combat was intense.

eznark said:
middle-finger.jpg

Seriously though, I don't play Halo multiplayer so I can't comment on that front. I enjoyed the campaign

Buckethead said:
Yep. Worst multiplayer maps in a game since... ever.
Check out my spoiler above.:)

Colonial Marines is being streamed on Gametrailers. The animation in the game looks pretty poor. The aliens look horribly stilted, etc.

dabig2

fucking videogames. I haven't paid attention to this shit in a few years now, but why is Kinect basically a headphone nowadays?

Electronic Arts' The Download @ E3 2012

Live from the Orpheum Theater, don’t miss EA’s product showcase with the unveiling of DEAD SPACE 3 and NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED. Plus don’t miss world premieres of BATTLEFIELD 3: ARMORED KILL, MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER in Somalia, CRYSIS 3’s Dambusters demo, the first gameplay footage of SIMCITY, NFL superstar Michael Irvin reveals the connected career mode in MADDEN NFL 13, and the world premiere of FIFA 13.

irvinseemssurprised.jpg

Top Bottom