• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Why do people ruin their lives with children and home ownership? Slo you could have been at the statehouse for the past few years on VikeBike2 and gotten that stadium built several years ago without worrying all the good folk of Minnesota. But you selfishly chose children

eznark

Banned
Why do people ruin their lives with children and home ownership? Slo you could have been at the statehouse for the past few years on VikeBike2 and gotten that stadium built several years ago without worrying all the good folk of Minnesota. But you selfishly chose children

When you don't root for six or seven teams in each sport, you have time for a more fulfilling life.

Slo

I coulda won state, man.

rico.jpg

eznark

Banned
Astros and kind of Cardinals, Rockets and kind of OKC, and Rams and tiny bit Texans. That's two per. Not 6 or 7.

But with it rotating every couple of years, I'm sure there is a lot of overlap.

Also, congratulations on finally coming out of the closet as a true blue Texans fan.

squicken

LEADER OF HOUSTON SPORTS GAF

But with it rotating every couple of years, I'm sure there is a lot of overlap.

Also, congratulations on finally coming out of the closet as a true blue Texans fan.

"I don't love her anymore, honey. I just think about her a tiny bit!"

6 months later...squicken is back with his ex.

All I mean is that when they play I want them to win. I would have loved to see them win a SB last year. But as a fan, it's the Rams. I follow their offseason moves, not the Texans.

squicken

There's no new information here. I said as much during their playoff run last year. I also was rooting for Tebow and the Broncos, and will root for Tebow and the Jets. So I guess I'm a tiny bit Jets fan too

Fox318

There's no new information here. I said as much during their playoff run last year. I also was rooting for Tebow and the Broncos, and will root for Tebow and the Jets. So I guess I'm a tiny bit Jets fan too

There goes the Jets season.

0-16 confirmed.

Godslay

Banned
Forced?

Sounds like Ez's Obama nightmare.

If you have kids under the age of 10 or so, you are pretty much forced to get it at some point. NSMB is about the only game my wife will touch, so it's an easy decision. Personally, I'm looking forward to it, and the eventual Mario Kart. The ability to play it with the tv off or on another channel is a nice benefit.

All right! More Jets fans, sweet.

I'm rooting for Tebow to improve and take over. I'm not sure if it will happen, but it's hard to not root for the guy to succeed.

squicken

before the E3 madness it got posted a few times. I never wanted the Rams to draft him in the top 10. Mostly on talent, but he's got a little more Dez in him than people think. At some point in the year there's going to be trouble with he and Gabbert

Gah

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-madden-nfl/731525

I'm actually excited for a Madden release....

Since this an election year, I'm going to give you a choice on the percent (%) chance in hell Alex Smith makes any of those throws:

A. 0.0 percent
B. 0.0 percent
C. 0.0 percent
D. My tiny hands missed the dot and I fell over and knocked over the polling station. Then, embarrassed, I peed myself and some guy named FMT started rubbing his crotch muttering "good" to himself over and over.

Buckethead said:
Since this an election year, I'm going to give you a choice on the percent (%) chance in hell Alex Smith makes any of those throws:

A. 0.0 percent
B. 0.0 percent
C. 0.0 percent
D. My tiny hands missed the dot and I fell over and knocked over the polling station. Then, embarrassed, I peed myself and some guy named FMT started rubbing his crotch muttering "good" to himself over and over.
Is there an all of the above option?

Alligatorjandro said:
Anyone seeing Prometheus this weekend?
Nope. Moving this weekend.:(

EDIT: Tom Coughlin got his contract extension. 3 years, 20 million. Excellent.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Source confirms @garymyersNYDN's numbers on Coughlin's extension: 3 years, $20 million. #nyg

squicken

I don't get how the same forum that gets all teary at Splinter Cell and BLOPS2 and MoH all looking void of originality gets all moist at Avengers and Prometheus and Batman

I don't get how the same forum that gets all teary at Splinter Cell and BLOPS2 and MoH all looking void of originality gets all moist at Avengers and Prometheus and Batman

I think all 3 of those games looked good, obviously MoH looked the best, and Avengers was really good and I expect the other 2 movies to be really good as well.

squicken said:
Films and games have different value propositions ($10-$12 movie ticket vs $60 videogame). The movie industry has a far wider range of films being made in a given year. Those blockbusters your deride help fund the smaller films out there that take chances. They may not get as much play in theaters but they can prosper and find an audience in the home video market.

In the videogame world you said it yourself - you're either selling 12 million copies or trying to actively sell that much. Everything else is a failure. There is no middle so a good majority of stuff is either a homogenized military shooter or a wannabe shooter.

Furthermore, a Nolan Batman film isn't released every 11 months. Nor is an Alien prequel or Avengers movie. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

A. 0.0 percent
B. 0.0 percent
C. 0.0 percent

I hate you, just made me spill water all over myself at work from laughing mid sip. :(

squicken

Films and games have different value propositions ($10-$12 movie ticket vs $60 videogame). The movie industry has a far wider range of films being made in a given year. Those blockbusters your deride help fund the smaller films out there that take chances. They may not get as much play in theaters but they can prosper and find an audience in the home video market.

Furthermore, a Nolan Batman film isn't released every 11 months. Nor is an Alien prequel or Avengers movie. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

Is the bold still true? I thought studios were done with vanity projects and made the stars go get external funding? I thought at the major studios it had become just like the big games publishers where you go big or go home.

As far as Nolan, there have already been two films. Both good but crazy overrated by the internet. I've seen Dark Knight a few times and I still have no idea exactly what the plan was with the Joker escapes/captures/escapes

squicken said:
As far as Nolan, there have already been two films. Both good but crazy overrated by the internet. I've seen Dark Knight a few times and I still have no idea exactly what the plan was with the Joker escapes/captures/escapes
Two films since 2005. How many Call of Duty titles have released in that time frame?

It's fairly obvious why some would feel franchise fatigue and call out lack of originality with one and not the other. Subjective
opinion of the Nolan Batman films not withstanding. (I love both for the sake of posterity though I find Begins to be the better of the two).

Top Bottom