• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

squicken

Two films since 2005. How many Call of Duty titles have released in that time frame?

It's fairly obvious why some would feel franchise fatigue and call out lack of originality with one and not the other. Subject opinion of the Nolan Batman films not withstanding. (I love both for the sake of posterity though I find Begins to be the better of the two).

Oh no doubt that that CoD has been just driven and buried into the ground, and EA's me too total lack of originality or creativity or even competence at making CoD clones has made it worse. It also hurts that BLOPS2 looks bad, and is on the heels of the worst CoD game.

I just find the superhero movies baffling. You don't care about the characters in any real sense. There's no actual jeopardy and no tension and all the explosions are meaningless. All the action is on a computer and is way over-choreographed. What they think is visceral is actually ballet.

Taken is a better action movie than any of the Batmans or Marvel (besides Spidey 2) films.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just flipped through the new issue of Gameinformer.

Why is Black Ops 2 taking place in the "near future" like every other shooter ever? Seems like a missed opportunity...

bionic77

Love it.

Love seeing people absolutely destroyed by this stuff. It fuels me.
Gaming side is pretty hilarious. Stealing a page out of SNES's playbook (it is only one page), "those people" @ gaming side and their overreaction to everything makes me feel much better about my life.

It also helps that my tastes are totally opposed to what is usually most popular @ GAF. The Vita, 3DS and WiiU look like the coolest "next gen" consoles to me and the DS was my fav console by far last gen. Vita seems perfect for sports games on the go and the DS and Wii fill my Nintendo needs and the awesome games you can't get anywhere else (I can't wait to play Kid Icarus on 3DS).

I think in a year I will probably buy all 3 systems. Hopefully the Vita is still around by then.

bionic77

Madden 13 actually sounds/looks pretty cool. I also missed FMT going all ALEX SMITH!!! on that thread.
:lol

That is what we say every year.

The truth is that FIFA >>>>> Madden. Takes a few days to get the controls down but it is a much better experience and game.

I don't expect anything from Madden until they make their next engine and revamp the whole franchise.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They grow 'em tough in Texas.

Dallas Cowboys fullback Lawrence Vickers was stretching before the start of organized team activities on Wednesday like he always does.

Then as he approached a special teams drill he noticed something was wrong in his pants.

Ants.

Two big red ants got in his pants, and Vickers had to leave practice.

He walked off the practice field with his hands covering his groin area as head athletic trainer Jim Maurer walked off the field with him. Reporters thought Vickers injured a groin. Or maybe a hand or arm injury that prevented him from moving it occurred.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

The truth is that FIFA >>>>> Madden. Takes a few days to get the controls down but it is a much better experience and game.

I don't expect anything from Madden until they make their next engine and revamp the whole franchise.

It's always true.

Madden could at least have the decency to have a soundtrack that didn't suck. FIFA's soundtrack is pretty sweet every year.

Milchjon

As someone who grew up with FIFA, I've always hated it and always will. Maybe it's my general dislike for soccer, but for me it's like someone actually set out to intentionally make the most boring game ever. My brother is a huge fan and seeing/listening to him play for hours and hours caused me borderline physical pain.

It's the dull uniformity of real soccer without any actual stakes.

brentech

Really liked FIFA 11 and World Cup, but for some reason...and I was hyped for it, FIFA 12 felt weird and I sold it after a week.

Lately I've been buying Madden every other year. I did get Madden 12, and they seems to say, "We've totally changed how tackling works" every year. Along with, "No longer does a tackle animation stop the play." Like literally, been saying that same shit for years, and largely it's true to a point. I don't get why they keep rehashing the same talking point.

BigAT said:
Alligator got skinned.
:jnc

Boots-Black-Alligator%20Boots2.jpg

snesfreak

Banned
Yeah I'm reading that thread.
Gator if you can see this, get on IRC.
So we can laugh at you for getting banned
edit: Get BACK on IRC

Tamanon

Banned
Weren't they cracking down on one sentence replies? Maybe someone just threw a fit at him for having TWO in a row.

I hope not though, because I'm usually a one or two sentence replier, because there's not that much to say most of the time. Maybe if I just added a "Fuckin Brian" to the end of a post, it'd survive.

I love FIFA. It's the best EA sports game and it has been for years, unlike Madden, they actually evolve.

Still waiting for the day that I can go all Big Ben on you with FIFA.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Time for your daily "Where's the evidence?" update!

When documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon visited NFL headquarters three weeks ago to play a much-publicized Gregg Williams audiotape, league security officials were particularly interested in a sequence in which the former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator announced $200 rewards for "whack" hits by cornerback Roman Harper and linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar in last January's playoff victory over the Detroit Lions, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

While a league source said Dunbar, who has since signed with the St. Louis Rams, and Harper are unlikely to be subjected to disciplinary measures, the revelation was considered significant because the league viewed it as additional evidence of a bounty system that was the focus of a three-year investigation.

However, two NFL Players Association sources strongly disputed that characterization, defining a "whack" hit as a forceful yet clean and legal play by a defender, and thus a "pay-for-performance" issue that is a far less severe violation of league rules.

Oh, so the NFLPA now believes that bounties are only for hurting people. Otherwise, they're not bounties? What the hell? Could someone explain to me the NFLPA's postition? I have no idea what they're arguing here.

LJ11

Was he banned in that inane Model/Actor thread? Looks like multiple guys took a ban.

Absolutely worthless thread, lets keep it open to discuss what exactly? If I were a mod I've would've banned the OP for shitting up the forum.

cdyhybrid

Was he banned in that inane Model/Actor thread? Looks like multiple guys took a ban.

I read through the first page and I'm not even sure what those bans are for. I mean, they're obviously slamming the people in the story, but that happens in 99% of threads in OT.

Absolutely worthless thread, lets keep it open to discuss what exactly? If I were a mod I've would've banned the OP for shitting up the forum.

I got banned for posting sarcastically in a stupid football vs. soccer thread that never should have gone past one page. I think they just get bored and snipe people in those types of threads.

DMczaf

And then it's revealed that the dude was recently divorced? lol

Getting banned because a model slandered a dude on the internet.

LJ11

I just read the first page, I can't believe some them were banned. Stating facts is now bannable.

Edit: so he was divorced, hahahaha

Crazy 70s/80s themed Black Ops missions that you hear and read about. Cold War intrigue, that sort of thing.
Fair enough. Neither interest me personally.

But that Metal Gear Solid 5 with The Boss in WWII and MGS: Raiden game that was going to be a true sequel to MGS2 interested me, unfortunately both were cancelled so I feel your pain.

Milchjon

Weren't they cracking down on one sentence replies? Maybe someone just threw a fit at him for having TWO in a row.

I hope not though, because I'm usually a one or two sentence replier, because there's not that much to say most of the time. Maybe if I just added a "Fuckin Brian" to the end of a post, it'd survive.

Wait, no way that's true, right? In what universe would that make any sense?

Top Bottom