• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Greg

KVWrE.gif

snesfreak

Banned
Man Nintendo, you've really disappointed me this E3.
I was expecting more stuff to be shown, but I guess they're only showing stuff that's coming out this year.

squicken

You thought that was real, Goldie? When in doubt, remember that Nintendo disavows all knowledge of human sexuality.

Does anyone know exactly which mod is the white knight that bans people in these threads? I've only been banned once but never knew who actually did it

bionic77

Mario, Pikmin and P100 would be enough for me to jump on WiiU if I had the time. I like those kind of games and I don't see shit like that on the PS3.

I would not buy a WiiU for ports of 360 games. I already have a PS3 for that!

If we get a kid Icarus on U that will be enough for me to get the console. The 3DS version is enough for me to want a 3DS.

Then again 300 bucks is not a big deal to me. If I was a young kid and money was a big deal I could see how buying a console for a few games would not be feasible.

bionic77

If you wouldn't buy it for 360 ports why would you buy it for a GameCube port?

P-100 is the only thing that remotely interests me.
You can play those games on 360, PS3 or PC (which always gets the best version).

You can't play Nintendo stuff anywhere else. For me at least that makes it worth it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
PC is clearly the way to go, and I've actually been playing a lot more Wii games now that I managed to get Dolphin running. Homebrew's easy enough to setup that all I really use my Wii for now is for ripping my GC and Wii discs.

I love Pikmin I was just super disappointed by 1.) the graphics 2.) it looks like more of the same.

Never cared for NSMB. Lost the soul of the originals.
NSMB2 for 3DS looks better though. More loose, better speed.

We'll see. Right now I'm waiting until mid-generation.

bionic77

I love Pikmin I was just super disappointed by 1.) the graphics 2.) it looks like more of the same.

Never cared for NSMB. Lost the soul of the originals.
NSMB2 for 3DS looks better though. More loose, better speed.

We'll see. Right now I'm waiting until mid-generation.
Hey just because I like that stuff doesn't mean you have to. This isn't gaming side. If you like something good for you. I was just saying that WiiU seems like something that I could like. If I didn't have kids I would have gotten it at launch (I get almost everything at launch though if I can, launch time is so much fun).

7jb2k.jpg

K6vQN.jpg

Throw in a Tablet with TV connectivity and you are set.
Except no Nintendo games. I am sure that Nintendo could make some awesome shit on Roku if they wanted to.

If you really care about power then you should just get a PC. Consoles are always going to be 2nd rate in that department. And these days it is especially noticeable.

Hey just because I like that stuff doesn't mean you have to. This isn't gaming side. If you like something good for you. I was just saying that WiiU seems like something that I could like.
Heaven forbid we have a conversation.

I'm not going to pull a SNES and try to voodoo your children.

squicken

I'd never set foot in the NBA thread. It's crazy how personal they make everything. But damn it's good to see OKC make it to the Finals. It's such a small state. It was always kind of amazing that OU could field so many great teams. Even crazier that they have a pro sports team there.

For years there was such a population drain that it seemed like the state was just going to end up like the rest of rural America and be aged and poor. But now the state's doing good and the pro team is in the Finals. My grandparents would have never believed it.

brentech

Anyone in here know where I can pick up a Android phone on the cheap.
Can be used, but need the display in good condition along with Bluetooth functionality. Not using it for a phone, so yeah....basically just need it for computing power and the display.

Not sure if there is a site I can trust and get one cheap.

squicken

Can be used, but need the display in good condition along with Bluetooth functionality. Not using it for a phone, so yeah....basically just need it for computing power and the display.

Craiglist is your best bet if you live in a big city

bionic77

Heaven forbid we have a conversation.

I'm not going to pull a SNES and try to voodoo your children.
Yeah I don't mind that.

Honestly the older I get the more bored I get with games in general. It is usually the old school stuff or the quirky stuff that maintains my interest these days. When I played through Uncharted 2 part of me could acknowledge that it was a really well done game, but I was not compelled to keep playing it like I would with a game like Fire Emblem.

Just a matter of taste.

I will say that if I wanted the next gen stuff I would go balls out and build a baller pc instead of gaming in the ghetto on a PS3 or 360. My PS3 has basically become a BR player and Netflix machine and I paid 599 for this shit. :lol I still don't mind though because if you have time launches are ridiculously fun. I remember having a blast with the DC and GC launches even though they objectively were not as good as the PS3.

squicken

Rewatching 49ers Saints game now. Man, even in Smith's greatest moment he's so decidedly mediocre.

Great game by the way

I still can't get over how he went #1 overall. That pass to VD was clutch and all, but it hangs in the air forever. How does a guy with an average (I'm being nice) arm ever go #1?

It's not that you have to have a big arm to be a great QB, but it sure seems like most of the great ones do.

eznark

Banned
I still can't get over how he went #1 overall. That pass to VD was clutch and all, but it hangs in the air forever. How does a guy with an average (I'm being nice) arm ever go #1?

It's not that you have to have a big arm to be a great QB, but it sure seems like most of the great ones do.

What good is a big arm if you are a chicken shit with a nickel brain? How does a captain checkdown coward go #1 overall?

squicken

What good is a big arm if you are a chicken shit with a nickel brain? How does a captain checkdown coward go #1 overall?

If this about Bradford I can't dispute the capt checkdown thing, but dumb and scared? Those I can dispute

edit: Actually that perfectly describes David Carr, but at the end of his career. Early on, he stood tall and looked downfield. Was always dumb though.

BigAT

How cheap? I have an HTC Incredible I'm selling.

Nameless

Rewatching 49ers Saints game now. Man, even in Smith's greatest moment he's so decidedly mediocre.

Great game by the way

There are a lot of words I'd use to describe Smith giving the entire Saints organization a dry anal creampie, but mediocre isn't one of them.

Speaking of that game, let's talk about how a team of Bounty Hunters were manhandled & dominated physically. Did Pierre Thomas ever regain consciousnesses?

squicken

Has there every been anything on the whole "oh poor Sonics fans"? I've seen 20-25 teams move in my life, including what seems like 90% of the NHL. And all those moves combined generated about 10% of the sympathy press I see for Seattle fans

Minnesota supported the North Stars and they moved. Same with Houston and the Oilers, and countless other cases. So it's not unique that a city with good fans lost its team. Did the GenX journos sign a blood oath to the city when they bought Ten? I definitely feel kinship with the Sonics fans, but don't understand why they are so special I guess

Has there every been anything on the whole "oh poor Sonics fans"? I've seen 20-25 teams move in my life, including what seems like 90% of the NHL. And all those moves combined generated about 10% of the sympathy press I see for Seattle fans

Minnesota supported the North Stars and they moved. Same with Houston and the Oilers, and countless other cases. So it's not unique that a city with good fans lost its team. Did the GenX journos sign a blood oath to the city when they bought Ten? I definitely feel kinship with the Sonics fans, but don't understand why they are so special I guess

It was the condition of sale. Seattle fans knew that if it was sold to Bennett he would move the team and Schultz did t anyway.

squicken

It was the condition of sale. Seattle fans knew that if it was sold to Bennett he would move the team and Schultz did t anyway.

We knew in Houston if we didn't give the Budster another couple hundred million after just having done the same a few years previous that he'd leave. Like I said, it really sucks for Sonics fans. But they aren't special. Every fan who has had his team stolen has a sad tale to tell.

I'm convinced this has to do with grunge music and Bill Simmons and no one can tell me different

Ænima

I'd never set foot in the NBA thread. It's crazy how personal they make everything. But damn it's good to see OKC make it to the Finals. It's such a small state. It was always kind of amazing that OU could field so many great teams. Even crazier that they have a pro sports team there.

For years there was such a population drain that it seemed like the state was just going to end up like the rest of rural America and be aged and poor. But now the state's doing good and the pro team is in the Finals. My grandparents would have never believed it.
They get most of their players from Texas.

bluemax

Banned

If you are a sports fan there is nothing good about OKCs success. Unless you like rewarding scummy owners who shit all over the fans.

squicken

If you are a sports fan there is nothing good about OKCs success. Unless you like rewarding scummy owners who shit all over the fans.

I don't hate the people of Tennessee b/c they wanted a football team. My hate for that franchise will die with Bud Adams. I didn't want the Titans to lose that SB b/c I hated Steve and Eddie. I just didn't want that old bastard Bud to ever wear a ring.

So I think it's possible for sports fans to hate the owner and the Starbucks guy but really enjoy watching the OKC players and hoping they do well.

edit:

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=1232

After another Browns season blew up with Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace getting tossed around by division foes like rag dolls, what was obvious about their quarterback situation was this: They needed size at the position. They needed a strong and accurate arm. And they needed maturity.

Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck? Ideal fits, to be sure … but unobtainable. Manning didn’t want to play here and the Colts weren’t stupid enough to trade the No. 1 pick.

Of the more realistic candidates, free agent Matt Flynn was no bigger than McCoy with a similarly popgun arm. He was never seriously considered.

Media darling Robert Griffin III also was too small. And too eager to show how fast he could run. The Browns never seemed all-in on Griffin. They pursued him just enough to say they tried.

Ryan Tannehill had the size and the arm, but his maturity as a quarterback and field leader were so lacking that he turned them off in personal interviews. He didn’t project as a leader.

So Brandon Weeden emerged as the best option. Great arm. Great size. Great production. And the very thing that scared off every other team – he’s a 28-year-old rookie because of a failed five-year stint in professional baseball – actually became an attraction to the Browns.

Ænima

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=1232

Media darling Robert Griffin III also was too small. And too eager to show how fast he could run. The Browns never seemed all-in on Griffin. They pursued him just enough to say they tried.

Ryan Tannehill had the size and the arm, but his maturity as a quarterback and field leader were so lacking that he turned them off in personal interviews. He didn’t project as a leader.

So Brandon Weeden emerged as the best option. Great arm. Great size. Great production. And the very thing that scared off every other team – he’s a 28-year-old rookie because of a failed five-year stint in professional baseball – actually became an attraction to the Browns.
Wow talk about spin. Saying that the Browns did not seriously pursue RG3 is a joke, and it goes against every other media report I have read regarding the chase between the Browns and Redskins for the #2 pick. By all reports they were willing to pony up 3 first round picks and only lost because the Skins threw in a 2nd rounder. Also saying Weeden has great size while RG3 is too small is funny, considering Weeden weighed in two pounds lighter than Griffin at the combine.

cdyhybrid

Ænima;38635808 said:
Wow talk about spin. Saying that the Browns did not seriously pursue RG3 is a joke, and it goes against every other media report I have read regarding the chase between the Browns and Redskins for the #2 pick. By all reports they were willing to pony up 3 first round picks and only lost because the Skins threw in a 2nd rounder. Also saying Weeden has great size while RG3 is too small is funny, considering Weeden weighed in two pounds lighter than Griffin at the combine.

Yeah that whole passage is laughable. Matt Flynn's two starts are better than everything done by Browns QBs combined since Derek Anderson's one decent year.

Yeah that whole passage is laughable. Matt Flynn's two starts are better than everything done by Browns QBs combined since Derek Anderson's one decent year.

I'm not saying that Flynn is a bad QB
yet
, but let's be fair, he had a lot more to work with when he was with the Packers than every QB had with the Brownies.

Top Bottom