• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

cajunator

Banned
Could be some good news coming tomorrow for Saints fans. REally hope so. I'm just tired of all the shit and I want to get the season started.
The Linebackers we picked up seem to actually be functioning like actual linebackers, at least in practice, so maybe the defense will be a couple of notches above abysmal this year.
And by abysmal I mean like on the level of the WiiU Nintendo conference (althougH I love the tech and will buy one)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Could be some good news coming tomorrow for Saints fans. REally hope so. I'm just tired of all the shit and I want to get the season started.
The Linebackers we picked up seem to actually be functioning like actual linebackers, at least in practice, so maybe the defense will be a couple of notches above abysmal this year.
And by abysmal I mean like on the level of the WiiU Nintendo conference (althougH I love the tech and will buy one)
You think that the season starting will make it better for you? That's when you'll really need to distract yourself with the Unique Cajun Culture®. Those four wins will feel mighty nice when they come though.

brentech

How cheap? I have an HTC Incredible I'm selling.
You're probably better served selling that to someone that plans to use it as a phone.

I'm just looking for a discarded phone someone has basically forgotten about. Don't it need for phone, or even sound. Just a single google app that isn't available and won't ever be for iPhone.

Basically searching for screen, working bluetooth android device. I might just stare at eBay for a while, find something under 20

Fox318

You're probably better served selling that to someone that plans to use it as a phone.

I'm just looking for a discarded phone someone has basically forgotten about. Don't it need for phone, or even sound. Just a single google app that isn't available and won't ever be for iPhone.

Basically searching for screen, working bluetooth android device. I might just stare at eBay for a while, find something under 20

No sound? No Phone?

What?

brentech

No sound? No Phone?

What?

I just need the display working (the bigger the better). Basically using it for computing power, with bluetooth working to feed it info.
Just found an eBay listing on an Incredible for under $20....says bad ESN which makes it cheap, but totally works for me. Few hours left on it though

eznark

Banned
I watched the Ed Norton Hulk movie this week. 1. it's fucking terrible and 2. it kind of made me like the Avengers less.

IF the mother fucker can control himself so well by the end of Hulk, WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE AVENGERS WORRIED

Sanjuro

I watched the Ed Norton Hulk movie this week. 1. it's fucking terrible and 2. it kind of made me like the Avengers less.

IF the mother fucker can control himself so well by the end of Hulk, WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE AVENGERS WORRIED

Because apparently, none of of the Marvel films are in the continuity of the Avengers film.

Fox318

It wasn't that bad.

also

70Npr.png

Milchjon

Off-Season is halfway through, and we definitely haven't had enough Brady hair talk.

Brady said:
[laughing] You know, so many guys are so conservative with their hair and I always joke with all my buddies when they mess with me, and I'll say "that's right, keep the same haircut for ten years." How fun is that? I just like to keep it moving. I don't want to take it too seriously, it's only hair - it grows back.

Well... he kinda has a point there. Although I think he's trolling us genetically inferior balding people :-/

squicken

Off-Season is halfway through, and we definitely haven't had enough Brady hair talk.

Well... he kinda has a point there. Although I think he's trolling us genetically inferior balding people :-/

Well Brady has spent quite a bit on his hair plugs. But still, dude looks awesome in that photo. Always rocking a good look

I had forgotten what good GIFs E3 could inspire. Those are great. I didn't see the 3DS conference, but the GAF response was not happy. Even the diehard Nintendo fans are getting worried

Well Brady has spent quite a bit on his hair plugs. But still, dude looks awesome in that photo. Always rocking a good look

I had forgotten what good GIFs E3 could inspire. Those are great. I didn't see the 3DS conference, but the GAF response was not happy. Even the diehard Nintendo fans are getting worried

Paper Mario looked awesome, and Luigi's Mansion looked really good. They only talked about like 7 games so I guess I can see people being upset about that, but as someone that has really regretted my 3DS purchase I am excited for a few of the games coming out this year. I really think the internet has gotten to the point that nothing is good enough anymore. Nintendo took an hour out to show some of the big 3DS releases for this year and people complained about it.

eznark

Banned
What is Mama Robotnik's new alt?

And yeah, Nintendo sold me on buying a WiiU and I will buy every game they showed at the 3DS conference, except for Kingdom's Hearts because lol, fucking Kingdom Heart's.

bionic77

Paper Mario looked awesome, and Luigi's Mansion looked really good. They only talked about like 7 games so I guess I can see people being upset about that, but as someone that has really regretted my 3DS purchase I am excited for a few of the games coming out this year. I really think the internet has gotten to the point that nothing is good enough anymore. Nintendo took an hour out to show some of the big 3DS releases for this year and people complained about it.
I think I am going to buy one in the winter. Kid Icarus is enough for me. Anything on top is a bonus. Damn that game is great.

If they would just drop the Square characters I would be all over KH. I love the Disney parts of the game, but the Square stuff sucks all the fun out of the games. Epic Mickey for the 3Ds looked so good, even better then the console version that is coming out.

squicken

Mama Robotnik isn't banned. He or she is still posting GIFs.

I actually feel the opposite as far as the internet. I think people want to get excited and be fanboys. Look at some of GAF's favorite movie or TV threads. No dissension will be tolerated. It's just the game companies have so horribly dropped the ball this E3, which I guess is acceptable assuming the payoff for next gen is worth it.

Speaking of, Epic is unveiling UE4 tonight, so hopefully that goes well. Lots of pressure, and it will really be comical if they show like a whole bunch of 2 second cuts and not extended looks, like SE with the Final Fantasy thing

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'd never set foot in the NBA thread. It's crazy how personal they make everything. But damn it's good to see OKC make it to the Finals. It's such a small state. It was always kind of amazing that OU could field so many great teams. Even crazier that they have a pro sports team there.

For years there was such a population drain that it seemed like the state was just going to end up like the rest of rural America and be aged and poor. But now the state's doing good and the pro team is in the Finals. My grandparents would have never believed it.

I thought Oklahoma's population has been growing like crazy because of the oil/energy industry? It seemed like Oklahoma and Texas both emerged from the recession fairly unscathed.

Also, reading through the NBA thread, why don't you guys meltdown like this Justin Timberlake guy? This is gold!

Mama Robotnik isn't banned. He or she is still posting GIFs.

I actually feel the opposite as far as the internet. I think people want to get excited and be fanboys. Look at some of GAF's favorite movie or TV threads. No dissension will be tolerated. It's just the game companies have so horribly dropped the ball this E3, which I guess is acceptable assuming the payoff for next gen is worth it.

Speaking of, Epic is unveiling UE4 tonight, so hopefully that goes well. Lots of pressure, and it will really be comical if they show like a whole bunch of 2 second cuts and not extended looks, like SE with the Final Fantasy thing

I think TV shows/movie communities are really different then the game fanboys. Sony used to show a ton of games that were 2 years+ from coming out at E3, and everyone complained saying they wanted to see what was coming out that year, so now all the companies focused on stuff that would be out this year and people complained that they didnt announce new shit that wont be out for years. Every conference featured several games that looked great and yet all you read is that this was the worst E3 ever. When was the last time that people said an E3 conference was good? I really cant remember. Gamers in general are nuts, if you put out a sequel to a game and it doesnt totally re-invent the genre everyone hates on it. MoH looked great and I loved how it is based on current battles, to me that seems like a way to make a military shooter still be fresh, but everyone is complaining because you shoot people from 1st person in a FPS.

squicken

I thought Oklahoma's population has been growing like crazy because of the oil/energy industry? It seemed like Oklahoma and Texas both emerged from the recession fairly unscathed.

Also, reading through the NBA thread, why don't you guys meltdown like this Justin Timberlake guy? This is gold!

That's pretty recent, and wasn't the case when the Thunder moved. But yeah, it's doing very well now. The northern half of the state is all wheat farms and cows, and agriculture commodities have been doing pretty good too

edit: The last E3 conference I remember that people universally loved was Microsoft in 2006. But I think people also really liked Ubisoft this year. They showed some next gen ambition and Far Cry 3 looks great. Even that ZombieU game sort of has my interest

Fox318

Fox really seems to hate Nintendo or else he is doing a great troll of SNES.

They have made nothing but bad decisions that hurt the consumer, their investors, and I believe Video Gaming as a whole. Everybody gives them a pass because they link Nintendo back with a childhood memory when they really need to take a deeper look.

They are a company that hasn't released a new and interesting ip since Pikmen and did nothing with the buckets of money they got reselling the same high markup plastic slow hardware for the past 5 years. Never mind the fact that Nintendo wants to target the game for people like Josh Freeman.

I'm just trying to free Snes's mind and open him to a new world. Where you don't ask "Can you imagine if Nintendo just had X?!" or "We don't need optical disk media play back or any other modern features because Nintendo needs to boost their hardware margins even more I have X to do that."

Also Snesfreak do you have a steam account?

I have a free game for you.

Talon

Bernie Kosar was 29 when Belichick let him go. Weeden is 28. 'nuff said.

Well, Slick Hick Rick decided to run a budget deficit for the first time in Texas state history, and now the schools are all fucked up because he decided to run into education to tear out some money.

Let us note that there is a clause in the Texas state Constitution that says the budget must be balanced every year.

bionic77

They have made nothing but bad decisions that hurt the consumer, their investors, and I believe Video Gaming as a whole. Everybody gives them a pass because they link Nintendo back with a childhood memory when they really need to take a deeper look.

They are a company that hasn't released a new and interesting ip since Pikmen and did nothing with the buckets of money they got reselling the same high markup plastic slow hardware for the past 5 years. Never mind the fact that Nintendo wants to target the game for people like Josh Freeman.

I'm just trying to free Snes's mind and open him to a new world. Where you don't ask "Can you imagine if Nintendo just had X?!" or "We don't need optical disk media play back or any other modern features because Nintendo needs to boost their hardware margins even more I have X to do that."

Also Snesfreak do you have a steam account?

I have a free game for you.
Wow I could not disagree with this post more. How exactly has Nintendo hurt gaming? Just because they sold more units by doing something different? I mean if you want the same shit over and over again you have 3 options. 360, PS3 or PC (which is the best of the 3). If you want something essentially different the only choice left to us now that Sega and NEC and the other companies have checked out is Nintendo.

And you are complaining that Nintendo is not making enough new IPs, unlike say God of War 4 or Gears of War 4 or Madden 2013? That is what the consuming public wants and I always found it really hypocritical of gamers to criticize Nintendo for doing what everyone else does. You just don't like Nintendo games, which is fine, but that is a total bullshit argument.

And Nintendo holding the industry back? I mean Nintendo can't take credit for every advancement, but they can take credit for their share. Analog sticks, z targeting, motion controls (this is probably what you were complaining about, albeit poorly), and other things that I am forgetting that have also been industry firsts.

I mean what exactly are you trying to open SNES's mind to? He is a Nintendo fanboy. Why does it bother you that he likes their games, which are more often than not genius and amazingly well crafted. As long as Nintendo keeps giving us shit like Mario Galaxy and Kid Icarus then I am going to keep buying their consoles because that is the only place I can get it.

Your arguments sound liked the same tired shit I heard in the 90s when me and my friends were too poor to own more than one console and had to justify our own purchases. I think it is you that has to open up your mind and get a second job so you can own various consoles and experience what they have to offer.

Well said bionic. People complain that Nintendo is making a third Pikmin game are crazy to me. That franchise goes back to the gamecube, there have been franchises that have had more games released just this gen then Pikmin has had in total.

squicken

Bernie Kosar was 29 when Belichick let him go. Weeden is 28. 'nuff said.

Well, Slick Hick Rick decided to run a budget deficit for the first time in Texas state history, and now the schools are all fucked up because he decided to run into education to tear out some money.

Let us note that there is a clause in the Texas state Constitution that says the budget must be balanced every year.

Can we just leave politics out of this thread?

cajunator

Banned
Wow I could not disagree with this post more. How exactly has Nintendo hurt gaming? Just because they sold more units by doing something different? I mean if you want the same shit over and over again you have 3 options. 360, PS3 or PC (which is the best of the 3). If you want something essentially different the only choice left to us now that Sega and NEC and the other companies have checked out is Nintendo.

And you are complaining that Nintendo is not making enough new IPs, unlike say God of War 4 or Gears of War 4 or Madden 2013? That is what the consuming public wants and I always found it really hypocritical of gamers to criticize Nintendo for doing what everyone else does. You just don't like Nintendo games, which is fine, but that is a total bullshit argument.

And Nintendo holding the industry back? I mean Nintendo can't take credit for every advancement, but they can take credit for their share. Analog sticks, z targeting, motion controls (this is probably what you were complaining about, albeit poorly), and other things that I am forgetting that have also been industry firsts.

I mean what exactly are you trying to open SNES's mind to? He is a Nintendo fanboy. Why does it bother you that he likes their games, which are more often than not genius and amazingly well crafted. As long as Nintendo keeps giving us shit like Mario Galaxy and Kid Icarus then I am going to keep buying their consoles because that is the only place I can get it.

Your arguments sound liked the same tired shit I heard in the 90s when me and my friends were too poor to own more than one console and had to justify our own purchases. I think it is you that has to open up your mind and get a second job so you can own various consoles and experience what they have to offer.

For me, nintendo still brings it consistently with the platformers and generally weird videogame shit that I like. Their hardware side has never really been satisfactory but they dont exactly have a fallback crutch to risk on money losing ventures like Sony/MS do. There is no division to hid losses in. There is no high profit other side of the company to offset losses. Nintendo has to go with what has been proven to work, and that leaves them at a tech disadvantage.
Also, I say all this having also bought a Ps3 and a 360 both of which I do enjoy, but neither of them fills a void that Nintendo fills for me.

Bowser

m6Tdi.gif

cajunator

Banned
Its an unfortunate reality that in order to really experience a gaming generation you have to own every console. Last gen was particularly expensive and I have a feeling that this one will be as well, but hopefully not a repeat of $599.

cajunator said:
I've really only enjoyed a small handful of PC games.
So you have only enjoyed a small handful of console games then? Most major third party titles are released on PC anymore and most have built in 360 controller support, etc. If you have a capable PC, it's very possible to not bother with a multiple console setup. I think that's the point Memes is getting at.

cajunator

Banned
So you have only enjoyed a small handful of console games then? Most major third party titles are released on PC anymore and most have built in 360 controller support, etc. If you have a capable PC, it's very possible to not bother with a multiple console setup. I think that's the point Memes is getting at.

I have hundreds of console games. With PC I mainly limited it to: Sim city, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Descent, Heretic, Doom 2, Need for Speed 1-6, and Touhou shmup games.
Thats literally it. Oh wait, also Eversion.

I have hundreds of console games. With PC I mainly limited it to: Sim city, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Descent, Heretic, Doom 2, Need for Speed 1-6, and Touhou shmup games.
Thats literally it. Oh wait, also Eversion.
He's saying those hundreds of "console games" are likely on the PC too.

cajunator

Banned
He's saying those hundreds of "console games" are likely on the PC too.

Probably a few of them, but Nintendo and Sega dont normally whore their games out to PC and thats the sort I mainly focused on. Regarding the more western style games like Fallout and Borderlands and such, yeah theyre better on PC, but that not the sort of games I buy or play either. I buy gamesl ike Deadly Creatures, Ivy the Kiwi, No More Heroes, NiGHTS, Mario Galaxy, Kirby, Sonic Generations, and things like that which arent well served on PC unless played through emulation.
Funnily enough, I have never owned a Madden game nor really played it.

Yeah a good number of those aren't on PC because some are manufacturer exclusives (like the Nintendo titles). Sonic Generations, however is readily available on PC and has 360 controller support and plays perfectly. It looks good too as I bought it during a Steam sale for 9 bucks.

Sega has been doing more and more in the PC space by the way.

Top Bottom