• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Come visit me, man. I will take you to Pratt's Barbecue, Phil's Dream Pitt, Braden's Barbecue, Southern Smoke, and/or Piggy Went A Smokin. We can eat pulled pork for days.

Man, now I miss my pulled pork even more :(.

Can we visit Graceland as well?

That is a sad moment.

I never should have had friends over on Friday and giving them some sandwiches, or given my brothers some of it.

Lessons learned.

bionic77

There are literally zero good BBQ places anywhere near me :(
I think that is true of the entire East Coast. I have never had the supposed God tier BBQ or places like Kansas City so I can't really judge if the stuff in Philly is just shit or a reasonable alternative.

If you live in the NE at least be happy that you can find some good NY style pizza nearby. Most of the rest of the US doesn't have that luxury. And you probably have other regional shit that these BBQ braggers don't have access to.

I will admit I am interested in trying the good stuff but I never travel to those places.

Tom Penny

Where do you live?

In a house.

I think that is true of the entire East Coast. I have never had the supposed God tier BBQ or places like Kansas City so I can't really judge if the stuff in Philly is just shit or a reasonable alternative.

If you live in the NE at least be happy that you can find some good NY style pizza nearby. Most of the rest of the US doesn't have that luxury. And you probably have other regional shit that these BBQ braggers don't have access to.

I will admit I am interested in trying the good stuff but I never travel to those places.

It's still hard to find a good margarita pizza. I get good seafood and good Italian restaurants though.

There are some great BBQ places in Philly, and I have had BBQ all over the country. This is the best place in Philly: http://dekesbar-b-que.com/ I used to go there all the time.

A guy at work just sent me a link to a local newspaper, apparently a barbecue place 20 minutes from me just won the award of best barbecue in the state, even over the powerhouse Memphis places. Looks like I've got a trip to make this weekend!

You guys should come down south for some good BBQ.
Keep speakin' that truth, brother.

A guy at work just sent me a link to a local newspaper, apparently a barbecue place 20 minutes from me just won the award of best barbecue in the state, even over the powerhouse Memphis places. Looks like I've got a trip to make this weekend!

Keep speakin' that truth, brother.

Pick me up at Nashville International friday morning.

5-29-14-10-41-31-am.png

bionic77

There are some great BBQ places in Philly, and I have had BBQ all over the country. This is the best place in Philly: http://dekesbar-b-que.com/ I used to go there all the time.
I never had any reason to complain of the food in Philly but BBQ snobs will tell you that you have to go to somewhere in the midwest or south to get "real" BBQ.

I have never been able to compare so I can't really say if they are right and our east coast food is just a pale imitation or if they are fat fucks who are full of shit.

I never had any reason to complain of the food in Philly but BBQ snobs will tell you that you have to go to somewhere in the midwest or south to get "real" BBQ.

I have never been able to compare so I can't really say if they are right and our east coast food is just a pale imitation or if they are fat fucks who are full of shit.

When I drove to Vegas I went a few hours out of the way to go to one of the top rated BBQ places in Oklahoma and Dekes in Philly was way better. The guy that cooks at Dekes is from TN I believe and he cooks it like it is from one of those southern places.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 30m

Source says NFL Players Association convinced Sean Lee knee injury was not result of contact with Zack Martin and Cowboys violated no rules.

dionysus

Yaldog
There are different types of BBQ. So if you are gonna compare your city's bbq to a famous bbq place you need to make sure you are comparing the same style of bbq. Like I personally am not a big fan of the dry rub style of bbq from Memphis, so I will normally rank a saucy bbq from Texas higher pretty much always.

I do enjoy KC bbq as well.

Tom Penny

There are different types of BBQ. So if you are gonna compare your city's bbq to a famous bbq place you need to make sure you are comparing the same style of bbq. Like I personally am not a big fan of the dry rub style of bbq from Memphis, so I will normally rank a saucy bbq from Texas higher pretty much always.

I do enjoy KC bbq as well.

What about Korean and Caribbean Jerk BBQ?

ShaneB

Only an hour until lunch! Wish it was nicer outside though, want to read my book in peace and quiet and finish it without being interrupted.

DMczaf

While on TMZ for the new Star Wars Ep 7 set pics, there was a clickbait link about Katherine McPhee at the beach lookin bangin. So of course I clicked.

0602-kat-mcphee-bikini-fameflynet-4.jpg

The body was bangin.

Top Bottom