• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

bionic77

Speaking of the XFL, lets not forget that the greatest XFL player of all time was a slightly above average qb for the Steelers.

RIP Tommy Gun Maddox.

You should not have burned your bridges on the Steelers and should have been happy to remain a backup behind Ben.

Sanjuro

Maddox is the best Steelers QB of all time.

He saved the masses from watching Kordell Stewart pretend to play quarterback.

MechDX

BpOkGePIgAEpAlf.jpg:large

Kubes fucked up so bad they changed the name of the stadium. BOB's power knows no boundaries.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of the XFL, lets not forget that the greatest XFL player of all time was a slightly above average qb for the Steelers.

RIP Tommy Gun Maddox.

You should not have burned your bridges on the Steelers and should have been happy to remain a backup behind Ben.

We had a XFL safety named Kevin Kaesviharn. Remember him? Recievers do!

bionic77

Maddox is the best Steelers QB of all time.

He saved the masses from watching Kordell Stewart pretend to play quarterback.
Fuck you.

I liked Slash.

Dude could have been the greatest qb of all time if he could only throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield (with any kind of accuracy).

He was really exciting. Will we ever see a player who plays that many positions on offense again?

Per Rotoworld: Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said the team would be open to bringing back retired DT Josh Brent once he's released from jail.

cajunator

Banned
I dont really understand the big deal about barbecue. Its good but theres a lot better things that can be done to season/cook meat.

Just picked up MK8 and waiting for my Popeyes to finish up. Lady was raising hell because last time she was in, her 14-piece wasn't spicy enough. Calling them lazy-ass n****s to their faces ain't going to speed up your service or keep your chicken spit-free.

MRSA

Banned
I dont really understand the big deal about barbecue. Its good but theres a lot better things that can be done to season/cook meat.

I love low and slow type of cooking, its also done outside, whats not to like? You get delicious food and you get to drink booze until the food is ready.

You and your mates get together for a BBQ, start smoking some ribs, you should be drunk as fuck by the time its ready so you can devour some delicious foods.

Konka

Banned
I love low and slow type of cooking, its also done outside, whats not to like? You get delicious food and you get to drink booze until the food is ready.

You and your mates get together for a BBQ, start smoking some ribs, you should be drunk as fuck by the time its ready so you can devour some delicious foods.

The American way.

cajunator

Banned

Well for one I dont drink at all.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
late lunch

boneless wings

today is good

You eat wings like I eat Popeyes or Chinese. Often.

Fuck you.

I liked Slash.

Dude could have been the greatest qb of all time if he could only throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield (with any kind of accuracy).

He was really exciting. Will we ever see a player who plays that many positions on offense again?

Ironically considering all the crap you give Packer fans, I remember people quietly wondering if Pittsburgh was ready for a black QB in the 90s.

Just picked up MK8 and waiting for my Popeyes to finish up. Lady was raising hell because last time she was in, her 14-piece wasn't spicy enough. Calling them lazy-ass n****s to their faces ain't going to speed up your service or keep your chicken spit-free.

Popeyes is always out of spicy chicken.

Greg

I stuffed myself before my 6pm class, this confirms I will be falling asleep.

Also, War Thunder is coming to PS4 today, does this game have the Greg Stamp of Approval?
Is it also free on PS4? It definitely gets my approval.

I was never a fan of the single player portion, and the first tier of planes is pretty frustrating to fly online, but it's a ton of fun if you stick with it.

dionysus

Yaldog
Critique my pulled pork methodology.

3 hours at 375 in an oven bag.

Then, get rid of the bag and immediately transfer to the smoker at 200 for about 2 hours. It came out great but I think I can make it better. (I got rid of the bag for reasons that are stupid.)

I am thinking the oven time is too long, think I can get by with 2 hours in the oven? I also will probably use foil next time. I want to semi trap the moisture but also allow the smoke to really seep in. To explain I don't like going the full distance in the smoker because it is a pain to moderate the charcoal smoker temp for that long and I find it doesn't have much benefit in terms of smoky flavor beyond 2 hours.

Konka

Banned

Then, get rid of the bag and immediately transfer to the smoker at 200 for about 2 hours. It came out great but I think I can make it better.

I am thinking the oven time is too long, think I can get by with 2 hours in the oven? I also will probably use foil next time. I want to semi trap the moisture but also allow the smoke to really seep in.

To explain I don't like going the full distance in the smoker because it is a pain to moderate the charcoal smoker temp for that long and I find it doesn't have much benefit in terms of smoky flavor beyond 2 hours.
Smoke it before the oven. You will get better smoke penetration in raw meat than already cooked meat.

JABEE

It was all at once terrible and amazing. It was filled almost entirely with the worst of the scum that goes to Jets' games (which is saying something). The average BAC for fans in the stadium had to be approaching .20 and watching anyone try to navigate up or down the stairs was incredibly fun. The near constant fights in the stadium were far more captivating than anything that was happening on the field. The only time the stadium came together in solidarity was to hurl a "SHOW YOUR TITS" chant at any woman above a B cup that had the misfortune of attending.

I could tell rather quickly that my friend's dad that had brought us to the game regretted doing so.

Sounds like Wing Bowl.

Then, get rid of the bag and immediately transfer to the smoker at 200 for about 2 hours. It came out great but I think I can make it better. (I got rid of the bag for reasons that are stupid.)

I am thinking the oven time is too long, think I can get by with 2 hours in the oven? I also will probably use foil next time. I want to semi trap the moisture but also allow the smoke to really seep in. To explain I don't like going the full distance in the smoker because it is a pain to moderate the charcoal smoker temp for that long and I find it doesn't have much benefit in terms of smoky flavor beyond 2 hours.

I need as smoker. I just make my Pulled pork in the oven. First 225 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes, then I wrap it in foil and put it in the oven at 105 degrees until it reaches 87 degrees.

I then let it rest for 30 minutes, pick it apart, add some more spices and the liquid that has run out whilst in the oven and let is rest over night.

ShaneB

No the XFL played on an NFL field. I have tried to do CFL but I just cant get into it for some reason. Plus the XFL had He Hate ME, which might be the best name ever.

Well yes, the size of the CFL field still remains my pet peeve as I've said many times, but I'll be watching games and enjoying. It's certainly a viable summer football viewing experience. Lots of great highlight plays as well, it's fine football as far as I'm concerned.

MRSA

Banned

You're doing it wrong, smoke first, then finish in the oven.

Smoke @ 225* for 2hrs, finish in the oven on a roasting tray tightly tented with some water on the bottom of the pan @ 350* for 3hrs or until it hits temps of 195-205.

Meat takes smoke mainly during the first two hours of cooking from my experience and what I've read.

Well yes, the size of the CFL field still remains my pet peeve as I've said many times, but I'll be watching games and enjoying. It's certainly a viable summer football viewing experience. Lots of great highlight plays as well, it's fine football as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe I need to give it another chance. I cant get into arena either. Other leagues need to copy what the NFL does. The USFL was so great because it didnt try and reinvent the wheel, if just slightly improved it.

dionysus

Yaldog
I'll definitely switch the order next time. I will say though that I made this last week and it definitely had some good smoke flavor.

ShaneB

Maybe I need to give it another chance. I cant get into arena either. Other leagues need to copy what the NFL does. The USFL was so great because it didnt try and reinvent the wheel, if just slightly improved it.

I've got no qualms if people don't want to watch the CFL, hell I barely paid attention to the league before, but I realize how starved I am for football now, and will be watching more games than I have in past years. Plus I do take pride in knowing it's a big part of Canadian culture.

And your last statement I'm sure many people would argue applies to the CFL! :p

It's all good. I'm wondering if that A11FL will ever take off. They were supposed to play a couple summer showcase games, but I never heard anything more.

Top Bottom